Tiger Woods Schedules News Conference

...BUT - with everything going on in this world - people losing jobs, losing their homes, unemployment rates, earthquake victims needing aid, foul weather repercussions, the Mid East, etc..., I find it laughable that all the major TV stations are devoting so much time to this junk. Let the "talk shows" and "celebrity news" shows cover this circus...

Yet you watched the speech.

-JP

My wife watched the continuing saga of TW last night. Here's a highly educated women, who if not for me (& T. Watson) could care less about golf. She watches golf only to look at the scenery. When I asked her what she thought of his presentation, she told me she thought that the man was either a very poor actor, or someone who had taken, and lost an emotional, physical beating for the first time in his life.

I asked her if in the same situation as Elin, would she take him back? She said "definitely not".

When I asked her what she thought of his presentation, she told me she thought that the man was either a very poor actor, or someone who had taken, and lost an emotional, physical beating for the first time in his life.

I asked her if in the same situation as Elin, would she take him back? She said "definitely not".

I think it's the latter - he's lost for the first time. Watching - I felt sorry for him. He seemed broken.

I agree - I wouldn't take him back either.

It's real easy to hide behind a computer and say what you would or would not do. The truth is none of you will ever be in his shoes or even close. He didn't even have to do what he did, but he humored the media and all the people that "demanded" he do so. In the grand scheme of things all of this completely irrelevant to me other than the fact that watching golf tournaments is pretty lame right now.

He seemed broken.

I agree. He looked to me like a man that could barely control himself. What he said was obviously scripted. I thought there was at least as much in how he said it and how he looked saying it. I was listening to the radio and the host said he thought Tiger was affected by knowing he had disappointed his mother, and had to admit he was an idiot in front of not only the world, but her. She looked pretty beat and disappointed herself.

Kevin

Not a TW fan, but...

Not a TW fan, but...

I thought that TW's announcement on TV was pretty good. He seemed contrite, genuine and sincere. I also felt he didn't pull any punches. Then I'm listening to all the "authorities" who were analyzing his speech. Two of them particularly stuck in my craw, Alex Misceli( the humphy-dumphy of golf) and a black sports writer whose name I don't remember. These two were all over him like a cheap suit, "infomercial" , "prepared and scripted" , and that he read from his notes. I 'm not a fan of him, but I feel that I can sense when someone's being truthful and when I'm being snowed (I'm from NYC) . Seems like these little men are trying to advance their careers at his expense, it's really a shame.

Back