JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Friday 11am EST. From PGA Headquarters

• Admin
We got a PR email with the news.

Will stay tuned for this one to see him announce when he'll be back!!

I like it, a preemptive move. Cut off the press before they can dig too deep. Oh wait nevermind.

Probably not a coincidence that the Masters is coming up soon ;)

Interesting angle he's taking so far.....but at least we're going to see/hear him now!

I like it, a preemptive move. Cut off the press before they can dig too deep. Oh wait nevermind.

LMAO, like they said it will be a pretty controlled environment as far as questions are concerned. I'm predicting a canned statement prepared by his handlers and a quick exit before too many questions are thrown at him.

Just saw a tweet by Darren Rovell, CNBC's sports guy, that said that there will not be a Q and A session during this press conference. In other words, we'll actually get to see him, but it's just going to be like him posting another message on his website.

wonder if his wife will be with him ...

The suspense is killing me!

Dusek from golf.com tweeted, "There will be no Q&A session at the Tiger Woods event on Friday. So he'll likely read a statement/announcement and walk away."

Wonder if he'll go with the old Michael Jordan line of 'I'm Back....' :confused2:

Follow up tweet from Dusek, "Huh??? “Tiger Woods will be speaking to a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates." -- Mark Steinberg."

Whoever has the Masters at the office pool is looking real good.

Friday 11am EST. From PGA Headquarters

It's going to be broadcast live on the golf channel if i'm correct.

So, w/ no Q & A, some don't consider this a news conference?

This is going to be hard enough to do without having to field tough questions at this time.

I'm sure he will touch on the personal stuff a bit and tell us what we need to know regarding that.

I'm interested to see his emotional state. This will be a first in so many ways for Tiger. Will he be genuine? Will he be humble?

Like him or not folks, this is big news for our beloved sport.

I would be very surprised if you were correct. I doubt Elin will be there.

Why wouldn't she be there? They are in this together i'm guessing she will be there to show support for him and their family.....

So, w/ no Q & A, some don't consider this a news conference?

This is going to be hard enough to do without having to field tough questions at this time.

I'm sure he will touch on the personal stuff a bit and tell us what we need to know regarding that.

I'm interested to see his emotional state. This will be a first in so many ways for Tiger. Will he be genuine? Will he be humble?

Like him or not folks, this is big news for our beloved sport.
He hasn't fielded a tough question in years, if ever. I'm sure Tim "I worship the ground TW walks on" Finchem will be there running interference.

He just might shock everyone and say "I'm taking the rest of the year off from tournament golf". Then, give a few reasons for that decision, and disappear again.

I figured something would happen involving TW this week, this tournament.

He hasn't fielded a tough question in years, if ever. I'm sure Tim "I worship the ground TW walks on" Finchem will be there running interference.

No questions = no interference needed. I think that's the reason why he chose this setting is that he can control the environment. Get used to that phrase as that will determine his return in the next couple of months. First, Tavistock next Masters. What do both have in common? There's a limitation on public participation and is in some way a controllable environment.

I don't think Elin will be there. After all, the PR said, "... a small group of friends and colleagues..." :embarrassed:

Back