washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Holy cow..

So sad. The last if that style.

So sad. The last if that style.
I both loved had hated Wakefield. He had mind control on the Yankees for years..

Sad. A little too timely given the knuckleball coven I the last couple days in the MLB thread.

That’s sad. Same age my dad died from the same thing.

Once again .... Cancer sucks! 😭

Very sad. I can still remember him giving up the homer to Aaron Boone in game 7 against the Yankees and then the following year beating them and seeing him standing on the mound rejoining. He was a class act

Very sad!

He was a good human - this hits hard.

There's nothing quite like watching batter after batter be absolutely stumped trying to hit a knuckleball. A dying art

RIP

Drafted by the Pirates as a first baseman. Wasn’t going to get to the majors. Became a knuckleballer to continue his career. Pretty good choice.

RIP Tim Wakefield. Great pitcher and class act. I’m a lifelong Red Sox fan I am eternally grateful that he helped break the curse. He was also a terrific golfer.

Sad day for Red Sox Nation and for all the lives he touched along the way. Wake was not only a valuable asset on the field and in the clubhouse, but he was also a first class human being. RIP Tim Wakefield.

So young. Cancer sucks.

Sad to hear, loved watching him pitch with the knuckleball.

So sad, loved Tim and the knuckleball.

Cant lie I broke it out a few times in high school games. All due to Wakefield.

Sad news, for sure. Loved watching him pitch.

Very sad, too young. He was an artist on the mound. RIP.

it’s so sad to see young people taken too early. Cancer sucks!

Sad to see, Tim Wakefield was one of the good guys.
Saw him at the Travelers Championship, Was really friendly and stopped to say hi.

Way too young.

Sad to see this. Tim was the last of the great knuckleballers. Not sure we'll ever see another like him.

Total class, gone too soon.

This is so sad. Greatest knuckleballer of all time for sure, and the last of his kind.

Really sad to see this. Loved Wake as a Boston fan and got to meet him since he was playing in the group behind us at the Travelers Pro-Am this year.

Back