Tipping point for on course beer costs.

At what price do you call BS on a golf course beer cost and just smuggle your own?

• $5

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • $6

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • $7

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • $8

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • $9

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • $10

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No price is to high.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rhinosparky

Reaction score
Handicap
I bring this up as nearly every course has seen prices for everything rise to unreal levels. A year ago we were at a course in southern Utah and they charged $55 for a six pack of Modelo 12 ounce cans.
That's absurd and I think it's gouging and opens themselves up to people smuggling beer into the course. I am all for buying and supporting a course and buy many a beers from the courses I play. What say you?

I really don't drink when I play (unless I'm playing terribly) so a beer or 2 after the round is about all I do if I'm with others doing the same. I hate paying more than 5$ for a can of beer.

I'm not usually a big drinker on the course anyway, but I can deal with up to $6 for a can. Anything above that is getting into ridiculous territory for me, I don't need a beer that badly.

Last year we played a resort course in Tucson and they charged $54 for a six pack of Coors Light. I just about gagged, but it was a special occasion so I rolled with it.

I rarely drink alcohol while playing but sometimes like a beer or two in the clubhouse bar after the round. I guess I expect to pay more there but I would pay up
to $9 for a beer (bottled or large tap). I don't really like canned beer very much but certain brands are tolerable. If I wanted a beer on the course and it was more
than $9 I'd drink soda or water, which is what I usually drink while playing anyhow.

I am not a big beer drinker but I do like to have 1-2 on the course every now and again. With that in mind I’ve paid $17 for a beer at MLB and NFL games 😳

yikes, so over $9 for a 12oz can of beer. at the course I play regularly $9 for a 24oz beer. I think it is $6 for a 12oz modelo and that seems high, but doable.

Very rarely drink on course. That's a tad pricey for a 6 pack.

$8 ($10CAD) would be my max out, although I rarely drink on course. Clubhouse after is a different story, but my max is the same.

There would never be a point I would ever smuggle beer into a course though, and would never play with anyone who did. Call me what you want, but I see it as beneath me.

Typically prices are high at most courses I venture too, not a big drinker on the course these days, but i'll pay what they are asking for their beverages, especially if the round was at a decent rate.

I don't drink any kind of alcohol much anymore when practicing/playing. Use to.

I did vote the $7 number in the poll. Our 19th hole has pretty much doubled their prices on all foods, and beverages. This has happened since 2021.

Now after the round , a pitcher of beer will get my interest.

I smuggle mine in just for this reason. Isn't that right @JohnSinVA :ROFLMAO:

I didn't vote because I've never brought my own beer onto a course. I don't drink domestic beer though I dislike paying over 7 for craft/import can or over 10 for craft/import draft.

up to $10 since I at most drink 1 beer in a round, and usually on the back nine. More than that and I'd pass.

When do you find out the cost and point of no return?

Do you ask before ordering?

Do you say no thanks after ordering and get the bill? Curious because prices arent on a menu.

almost all the course we play do not have a drink cart, so either you bring your own or buy before you start. they don't seem to have a problem with people bringing small coolers, so that is usually what i do.

almost all the course we play do not have a drink cart, so either you bring your own or buy before you start. they don't seem to have a problem with people bringing small coolers, so that is usually what i do.
I do wish we could do that here. Ontario is a no go for bring your own. I think a lot would happily pay a corking fee.

Do you say no thanks after ordering and get the bill? Curious because prices arent on a menu.
If I go to the clubhouse and get a six pack to split between a foursome and it’s more than $24 I kindly say no thanks.

Anything will be marked up so nothing surprises me, but I am never at the point to break the course rules and bring in my own.

I don't like beer but I do enjoy liquor. I really like Cutwater canned cocktails for getting buzzed on the course. MSRP is $3.25 per 12oz can at grocery stores.

The cart girl at Torrey Pines wanted $12 for a can there. I was in for a penny, in for a pound at that point, so I picked a 13% ABV option and just stumbled around the front nine hacking a 7i through shin-deep rough...

Last edited:

The particular course I mentioned in the original post will never sell another beer to our group.
Gouging seals the deal.

I thought this same thing when I read about a $55 six-pack. Cheese-on-Rice that is crazy. I would love to see my own face when they ring it up and give me the total.

The particular course I mentioned in the original post will never sell another beer to our group.
Gouging seals the deal.
Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice, shame on me!

Back