Do you ever get tired of drinking alcohol?

• Are you crazy? Bartender, another round.

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Bring back the 18th Amendment.

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • We were on a break!

Votes: 35 59.3%

• Total voters
Do you ever get just tired of drinking alcohol? Lately, I have just not really enjoyed the taste of liquor/beer. I go through phases where I just don't want to drink. Last time, it lasted 3-4 years in between. Thoughts?
Yep, been on a roll since March 29th so taking off today to recoup!

I’m a social drinker. I can put them away when out with buddies but if I don’t see them I typically won’t drink at home. Plus I’m getting older and can’t recover like I used to.

No reason to do something you don't enjoy.

Started training for a marathon beginning of the year and thought it was counter productive to be partaking while doing training. So stopped…..mostly. Had a few beers at the Stars game a few weeks ago. Headed to AZ in a few weeks and will endulge when appropriate. To be honest….haven’t missed it.

I don’t really drink a ton. Mostly some wine on the weekends with my wife. If I drank a lot I would expect I would feel that way.

Absolutely. Go through it frequently

I go in spurts of when I drink and don't drink. Right now me and alcohol and I enjoy each other in moderation. I have never been a heavy drinker though, but love to socially drink and sometimes at dinner to take the edge off from a hard day.

It’s not the taste that makes me want to take a break but more so the way I feel. When I start feeling blah, like I need to work out and the dad/beer body is coming in, that’s when it’s time to take a break. I’ll break for a few weeks maybe a month, slim down and when I eventually have a craving again then I’ll have a drink.

No. Put on a bit of weight on a recent trip to Mexico. Planned to do a dry April as a bit of a detox and lasted a week LOL. However, now, I take quality over quantity. I found myself paying for drinks at my all inclusive just so that I could drink some decent tequila.

Do you ever get just tired of drinking alcohol? Lately, I have just not really enjoyed the taste of liquor/beer. I go through phases where I just don't want to drink. Last time, it lasted 3-4 years in between. Thoughts?

I enjoy a good beer. However, the older I get, the more I realize there's really nothing positive about drinking. It costs a lot, will pack on the pounds, make you do stupid things or feel bad, puts you at risk of a catastrophic DUI, and it damages your body. I may still drink some every once in a while, but it's going to be a long time in-between partaking.

Absolutely get tired of it some times and need some time off. Mostly because it is incredibly easy for me to feel awful the next day.

I do not drink a lot but I do like a glass of wine once in awhile and a beer or 3 on the course

I’ve never drank so I really can’t say, but just like Cap Hibs said, you do you man!

Yes. I sometimes go months without drinking any alcohol. It's not a matter of consciously avoiding it, I just don't feel like drinking/don't have the taste for it sometimes.

I don't really drink much at home. I'm fortunate that my wife is a liquor sales rep. So, I have no shortage of alcohol at my house. I can be picky and keep the top shelf stuff and give some of the other stuff away. When I do drink at home, it's in moderation and usually only on the weekends. I'll typically have two cocktails, three if I'm really feeling it. I can count on one hand how many times I'll drink on a weekday at home in a year.

The only time that I really turn loose is when I'm hanging with friends and I don't have to drive anywhere. With that being said, I can go weeks (sometimes a couple of months) without having any alcohol. It's just not something I HAVE to have. That is a complete 180 from where I was 25 years ago. I drank every night. This life is much more comfortable. 🤷‍♂️

I'm mostly a social drinker and since I don't have much of a social life anymore, I don't drink very often. I used to share a margarita with my wife at dinner at a Mexican restaurant now and then but she's been on a huge fitness kick for about 3 years now and won't drink because it's not on her meal plan. I'll have a few beers on the course if I"m playing with some of the THP guys, but my regular golfing buddies don't drink on the course. Every once in a while I just get in the mood where I just want a drink. I guess I"m the opposite of what you're going through.

Social drinker here. Definitely don't miss alcohol if it isn't around.

But this past Christmas and New Year was something else. By the first week of January I was just sick and tired of eating and drinking. Our social season started from the first week of December and went straight thru till the first week of Jan. I tried mixing it up by switching to white wine during the day but even that had it's own side effects. So yeah I can relate when someone tells me that they are tired of alcohol.

We are now at the start of a hot summer and it's definitely beer season. Gin and vodka is popular in our circle for the daytime. I am a whiskey drinker and I love a single malt but it's not an easy drink in the heat. Prefer a light Japanese whiskey during the summer. But more than happy to sip a glass full of ice and seltzer on most days.

The Chita.jpg

I go decent stretches not drinking. At 48 I’m just not bouncing back like I used to. Now my consumption is limited to a few on the course and maybe one after but usually that’s it. At home it’s gin and tonics usually once a month but going on 4 months without one.

I drink very little these days. I think I have had 5 beers in 2023. Two were on St. Patrick’s Day.

I rarely drink anymore. Haven't for several years. If you don't want to, why would you?

I don't drink alcohol at all. I do enough stupid sh*t sober.

I grew up in Baton Rouge, LA & I’m Catholic… I can’t relate.

A long time ago I stopped drinking for a couple of years for no particular reason, then started again.

I tend not to drink during the week or I might have one but Friday nights and Saturdays I have a couple or a few or a lot, depending on my mood and what I'm doing.

Back