Do you ever get tired of drinking alcohol?

• Are you crazy? Bartender, another round.

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Bring back the 18th Amendment.

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • We were on a break!

Votes: 35 59.3%

• Total voters

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Do you ever get just tired of drinking alcohol? Lately, I have just not really enjoyed the taste of liquor/beer. I go through phases where I just don't want to drink. Last time, it lasted 3-4 years in between. Thoughts?

There's no rule that says you have to drink alcohol.

You do you. Screw what everyone else thinks.

It's not about what others think, I'm curious if anyone else goes through this phase.

Can we get a middle ground of “I don’t want to drink for a few days”.

Quit over six years ago, haven’t had a drop since.

i've gone through stretches where i haven't wanted to touch it. but i've gone through whatever the opposite of that is far more than i'd like.

I’ve never had much of a taste for alcohol. I get sick long before I get drunk. Two beers or two mixed drinks are my limit. I bought a six pack last August and still have one of them in the fridge.

I've never been a big booze drinker but do like my beer. As I've gotten older, I do get tired of it at times and take a break for a while. I think I'm going into one of those phases now actually. Beer is my friend and will understand though. 🍺

I mostly stopped drinking altogether. Been watching various health podcasts and reading recent studies and the research is pretty clear. Having said that, I still enjoy a drink on a rare occasion. I found I dont really miss it.

Quit over six years ago, haven’t had a drop since.
In the same boat here. Quit a couple of years ago and don’t miss it a bit.

If you feel like you’re sick of drinking, there is nothing wrong with taking a break. OP says he doesn’t enjoy the taste. If you don’t enjoy it, whats the point?

If drinking is your thing, have at it. I found I haven’t missed it at all. Which I wouldn’t have believed a few years ago.

IMO, I think society romanticized alcohol. And makes it seem a vital part of social life. (Noticed it in almost every movie, streaming show etc.) Sort of like we used to do with smoking in movies and TV.

When it really should be a more ‘take it or leave it’ activity and normalized either way.

There's no rule that says you have to drink alcohol.

You do you. Screw what everyone else thinks.
This goes for everything, not just alcohol haha couldn’t agree more

Haven’t had a pop in… I guess it’s been a couple of years…. I found that, while I could keep the boys at the brewery working nights, I couldn’t drink ‘em dry!

After a couple seasons of sporadic and less than inspiring play, I’m throwing myself into improving my golf game now. We’ll see how that pans out...

In answer to @J.B. Cobb III's question: Yes.

I did a "No Alcohol November" to kick off my new fitness goals. After that I haven't had as much taste for alcoholic beverages as I'd had. Thus, "Alcohol-Free February" was a piece of cake.

I'm sure a lot of it is I've established goals. Until I hit those goals, alcohol is an easy pass for me.

Have never enjoyed the buzz. Plus, I'm very socially awkward. Alcohol does not help with that.

The only downside is I enjoy the taste of certain beers and mixed drinks. If I stop at one or two, I'm fine. Too many more than that and it's an instant headache.

I will buy no alcohol beer on occasion - which my buddy says is like paying for a hooker just to cuddle.

Happens all the time to me. I go through phases where i really drink, then i have some then i don't drink for a few months.

I only drink when i want to which frankly isn't all the time.

I actually go in waves…the new me says no to alcohol more and more. But I’ve been on a kick where I’m having a drink more frequently and need to decline more often.

I actually go in waves…the new me says no to alcohol more and more. But I’ve been on a kick where I’m having a drink more frequently and need to decline more often.

White Claws don't count!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Do you ever get just tired of drinking alcohol? Lately, I have just not really enjoyed the taste of liquor/beer. I go through phases where I just don't want to drink. Last time, it lasted 3-4 years in between. Thoughts?
Nothing at all wrong with it. Good opportunity to whip up some mocktails, IMO. Some of the summer ones are delicious. 🤷‍♂️

Was pretty much at that point myself with beer a few months ago, then a bout of pancreatitis and subsequent hospital stay tipped the scale. Since then, no beer and no more symptoms...and a side benefit of dropping 15 or so lb’s due to the lesser calorie intake. Right now I’m good with that, although I can’t say I don’t miss those couple of beers when the round of golf is over. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think I've gone through phases with alcohol. I don't drink during the week after work because of the gym and Peloton rides but come Friday night I'll dabble in some fine spirits. There have been weeks when I don't drink but I just get so busy and don't get a chance to pour myself a drink.

I have a taste for certain types of alcohol at certain times. Not sure I've ever been so down bad on alcohol that I don't like it all.

But all that said, do whatever. There's no need to draw a line in the sand.

Back