Do you ever get tired of drinking alcohol?

• Are you crazy? Bartender, another round.

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Bring back the 18th Amendment.

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • We were on a break!

Votes: 35 59.3%

• Total voters
Pretty appropriate timing as lately I've been on a health kick and really just thinking of quitting drinking all together.

I never drink at home. I have beer in the fridge, but it's like once every 6 months that I maybe have one. If I go out after fire calls or even for golf league I'll have a couple, but they just make me feel like garbage the next day. Idk. I feel like maybe its just time to move on, drink my waters and just feel good all the time.

Quit drinking 4 years ago. Much like quitting cigarettes I don’t miss it. I liked to drink then and knew I liked it maybe too much. Had a friend end up in rehab and a cousin who needed to and I just decided to take a break. I’m still on it.

I'm not a drinker. Never been really. I'll have a beer with dinner now and then. I just never really developed a liking for it. Same goes for liquor. I do enjoy a white russian now and again but it's been years since I even had one of those.

I used to enjoy alcoholic beverages, but not so much anymore. Over the year I will probably have the equivalent of a six pack of beer and one bottle of wine.

yep, I quit Liquor in 89' for one reason but still drank beer. After a long 5 day weekend with friends riding quads and playing golf Christmas of 2011 i stopped drinking beer for a bit......its lasted 12 years so far

I take the periodic break from it, usually about a month for health purposes.

I've never been much of a drinker, but never completely called it off either. I'm a social drinker and will have a couple beers out with buddies watching sports or something. I don't drink while golfing unless i'm playing in a charity scramble (the one i play in each year I know i'm in for 6 hours of golf so why not). I generally won't have a drink at home unless it's a special occasion.

Do I ever tire of drinking alcohol?

No.

I am in my 60's and do not drink that much - I have about 300 bottles of wine, mostly in a nearby cellar. I am thinking the only way to start emptying that cellar is to host "wine tastings."

When I drink wine, I will have one glass.

When I drink liquor on business, I will usually have one shot of scotch or bourbon on a rock and nurse it. In the summer, I will vary the drink.

I have found that I really don't tire of it because I only have 0-3 drinks a week. When I feel edgy, I will open a bottle of wine, and have half a glass. That takes off the edge.

Not that I can recall. I don't drink any alcohol other than beer. It has been at well over 20 years since I have drank any other alcohol. Also, very rarely drink any beer except a few on Friday night and a few on Saturday late afternoon / night. I just enjoy the taste of regular ole beer (no IPAs or fruity stuff) and never drink it to get a buzz or beyond.

Did 13 years with nary a desire to drink. Started back up, sometimes I want a drink, I have one. I may go for weeks without.

I try to keep my limit to two. Usually a glass of wine with the misses is just enough to relax.

I only drink once a month or so but when I crack one open I will have at least 3-4. I drink to catch a buzz.

I don't personally care for the taste of alcohol so I rarely drink. I'll have a glass of wine a few times a year in a social setting, but having a drink never crosses my mind. I imagine losing the desire or taste for alcohol is like with anything else food/drink related, you eat something a lot and then just don't want it anymore for a while.

I definitely go through ebbs and flows with it. I tend to have more than a few on Sundays after golf and on Tuesdays during bowling. Outside of that, I try to limit my consumption and only tend to have one or two when I do. I also try not to keep much beer in the house since I know that I will run through that quickly if I have such easy access to it.

My golf game causes me to drink, so to totally quit drinking I would have to give up the golf!

I haven't really drank at all for about 5 years, aside from the occasional social drink a handful of times a year. Don't miss it one bit.

I don't drink anywhere near as much as I did when I was younger. A bottle of whisky lasts almost a year, and I'll buy maybe 2-3 12 packs of beer per year. I have one can of beer on Sunday nights with my father-in-law and that's pretty much enough to make me drowsy nowadays. I can go months without having any *real* alcohol and it doesn't bother me at all.

Nope lol... It's 8:50 am and if I drank a beer right now, I would end up having 12 by lunch, followed by more beer. I don't think I would ever get tired of booze, but I definitely got tired of everything that came with it lol.

I rarely have a strong urge to drink. Usually on a Friday or Saturday, I might crave 1 beer. Or at a restaurant, a margarita. But I wont just drink to drink. I definitely did that in college, but those days are long gone.

I would say I do recreational drinking. Don't really do it in the week.

Yep. It's expensive, and makes me feel kind of funny anymore (I'm 73). Water is just fine with me.

I don’t drink much at all these days which means it screws me up more when I heavily drink. I just have some cocktails or a beer these days. My drinking cut down drastically during marathon days because it just didn’t mix well to do that regularly while training.

I've really cut down. But there are certain situations when it is so nice to have a drink. For example, there is no way I could have a steak without a glass of red. Or I love the occasional beer session with friends. I think it's good to have a break though.

My wife says “we know just enough about wine to be annoying” 🤣

Back