Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

I just went BACK to my 910 D2 after a little stint with a Ping i20. The Ping MIGHT have been a little longer but I hit WAY more fairways with the Titleist. Saturday was the first day back with the 910 D2 and I hit 12 out of 14 fairways! Someone slap me if I try to take it out of the bag again.

Those are some awesome stats, I don't think I'd ever take it out of the bag again!!!

12 of 14 fairways, you need to be shot next time instead of a slap

I feel the same way. I was pondering that I COULDN'T be hitting it centered so often but it sure feels like it.
Maybe the sweet spot is just bigger than my previous R7 or that it is shorter and just seems easier to hit. Sure does feel and sound sweet.

So I'm sold on the D2, I have never before been able to hit the sweet spot on my driver so consistently. I know it's got to be the shorter shaft and has given me a lot more control. Now if I hit something wayward it's still coming off the center of the face and it's something else I'm doing to screw it up!!!

I demo'd a D2 yesterday and my order most likely will be placed this afternoon. I am simply in love with this driver.

DO IT! Far and away, the 910D2 is the best driver I have ever hit. I saw you were going with the 'ahina option. That is what I game and it is just a dead solid setup.

Did the same thing last week and hit 77% fairways the first round with the 910 back in the bag. Just sent the G20 into Ping to cut it down for a better comparison. Should have it by end of week. We'll see...

I just went BACK to my 910 D2 after a little stint with a Ping i20. The Ping MIGHT have been a little longer but I hit WAY more fairways with the Titleist. Saturday was the first day back with the 910 D2 and I hit 12 out of 14 fairways! Someone slap me if I try to take it out of the bag again.

Have had a D3 w/ Project X 7C3 shaft for about a year now. Best driver I have ever hit. Long and just finds fairways for me.

This is exactly what happened to me, I bought a G20 and took 910D2 out of bag, hit it long, but struggled to hit it straight. The 910D2 was put back in the bag a month ago and it's there to stay. I played 9 the other night and hit 7/7 fairways....if you hit it in the sweet spot, it's plenty long, just as long as anything else.....

Switched back to my 910 D2 and returned my R11s. Im just much more consistent with the D2 and distance seems very close between both clubs. Also pondering trying out a Diamana Ahina to get a little lower launch over my RIP. I will check back here after I try out the Diamana.

Last edited:
I also really like the D3. It has that Titleist feel and also still looks amazing from the top. It inspires confidence for me. However, I found during a Titliest fitting session that the new D3 is only 5 to7 yards longer than my current Titleist 983 driver, no matter what shaft or loft changes were made. Until I change my driver swing a little so that I am hitting it on a level or very slight upswing, I'm sticking with the 983. Amazing how much of an impact that approach angle at contact has on the resulting capacity for additional distance. My numbers were -4.7 degrees on the approach with my current 983 and the new D3.

I have a D3 head and a nunchuck shaft coming in the mail any day now! I can't wait. My 905R has been good to me but I just felt like an update to the bag was on the cards and I wanted somthing with a less than 460cc head that has a classic shape to it and the D3 definitely fit the bill.

Switched back to my 910 D2 and returned my R11s. Im just much more consistent with the D2 and distance seems very close between both clubs. Also pondering trying out a Diamana Kali to get a little higher launch and more carry over my RIP. I will check back here after I try out the Diamana.

Check out the Bassara shaft, very light weight and launches very high....

Did the same thing last week and hit 77% fairways the first round with the 910 back in the bag. Just sent the G20 into Ping to cut it down for a better comparison. Should have it by end of week. We'll see...

For me the big difference with the 910D2 is the adjustability. The Ping is slightly open and you just get what you get in terms of setup. The Titleist fitting options are fantastic, the ability to change loft and lie independantly makes this stick worth every penny of $400. I think the driver exudes quality, I bought the weight kit, which I placed in the bag that has the wrench and the fitting booklet - it's a classy extra, plus 12-gram weight makes it a D4 which helps me slow my tempo down. And while I know it's not a big deal, I think the head cover is one of the best I've ever seen. It's classic with the thick sock but has a strip across the top which makes it really easy to grab and pull off.

I hit balls with practice tape, so I can see where I'm hitting it, my miss is typically out towards the toe, and I'm amazed how forgiving it is. Hopefully the new 913, which comes out at the end of the year, is just a marginal upgrade. I'm planing on having this driver in the bag for quite a while.....

I agree, Frank. I think Ping will have to bow to the pressure of an adjustable driver when they launch the next line in a couple years. I know a lot of people say get fit and you shouldn't have to change the setting, but the reality for me is (1) my swing changes - on purpose or otherwise and (2) I like to tweak and try things. I am really curious to see how much shaft length plays into the equation when I get the G20 back, but I just am really liking the 910 in my bag again.

For me the big difference with the 910D2 is the adjustability. The Ping is slightly open and you just get what you get in terms of setup. The Titleist fitting options are fantastic, the ability to change loft and lie independantly makes this stick worth every penny of $400. I think the driver exudes quality, I bought the weight kit, which I placed in the bag that has the wrench and the fitting booklet - it's a classy extra, plus 12-gram weight makes it a D4 which helps me slow my tempo down. And while I know it's not a big deal, I think the head cover is one of the best I've ever seen. It's classic with the thick sock but has a strip across the top which makes it really easy to grab and pull off.

I hit balls with practice tape, so I can see where I'm hitting it, my miss is typically out towards the toe, and I'm amazed how forgiving it is. Hopefully the new 913, which comes out at the end of the year, is just a marginal upgrade. I'm planing on having this driver in the bag for quite a while.....

Question: I know that lie angle and face (open / closed) are directly proportional. However, lets say I wanted the face as closed as possible which would put me at the A2 setting at standard loft. But now my lie angle is 1.5* upright as a result. How would this affect the golfer who for example is fitted for the standard lie (not +1.5*)? Does it simply not matter as much with a driver as your not taking a divot? What if you are indeed trying to hit it off the deck (not that I can)?

I agree, Frank. I think Ping will have to bow to the pressure of an adjustable driver when they launch the next line in a couple years. I know a lot of people say get fit and you shouldn't have to change the setting, but the reality for me is (1) my swing changes - on purpose or otherwise and (2) I like to tweak and try things. I am really curious to see how much shaft length plays into the equation when I get the G20 back, but I just am really liking the 910 in my bag again.

Hey JK - I had a Ping rep at the Dunn tell me that most people adjust the club once and then never change it again. This is pretty close to what I'm doing with the driver. My new fairway woods just came in and I'm on my way now to pick them up!!!!!! We'll have to see if I do the same thing....

(take note on the ball I'm playing now....after all the talk and fussing, I just kept coming back to it - I'm having a love affair with the way they play up close around the green)....

FB

Hey JK - I had a Ping rep at the Dunn tell me that most people adjust the club once and then never change it again. This is pretty close to what I'm doing with the driver. My new fairway woods just came in and I'm on my way now to pick them up!!!!!! We'll have to see if I do the same thing....

(take note on the ball I'm playing now....after all the talk and fussing, I just kept coming back to it - I'm having a love affair with the way they play up close around the green)....

FB

that would be me...and its set at A1 to boot lol

Anyone have a suggestion on a shaft to try on the 910 ? I have the made for Kali right now and it is just not working out, everything goes left and distance is not very good. I bought the Kali because I have it in a 910 hybrid and a 910 fd and it is great in both of those. Guess that happens when you make assumptions. Anyway, I was thinking of trying the rip or project x that you can get standard. Going to find some time to try those combinations at a local shop, but was looking for some opinions on either compared to the Kali.

Certainly makes sense if fitted properly and no swing changes occur. I had a tendency to occasionally hook with the Kai Li I was originally fitted for. Not bad, but annoying enough as I got better. So I started swinging a little more upright which then produced the occasional hard push/slice, so the ability to tweak with the face angle is a nice add. I also have been trying to hit a high fade versus the standard draw for carry distance so the ability to push to 12* has been interesting. Not to mention that I traded the Kal Li for an Ilima (for higher ball flight) and bought a PX (for dispersion) to play with - lower launch but put that thing at 11.25 or 12* and it throws a pretty nice little arrow.

FB

Titleist 910d3 9.5 R.i.p stiff shaft . Review or not?

Titleist 910d3 9.5 R.i.p stiff shaft . Review or not?

Hey guys i went to my local golf store tonight and picked up a titleist 910d3 9.5 R.i.p stiff shaft and would like to know if any of you are interested in a review :D . As long as one person is interested i have no problem writing it up :D!!

Merged this with a good thread on the drivers. I say write the review up in here and let others read your thoughts.

I went to my local shop the other day and hit the 910 D2 with a few different shafts. I tried the Kali first and hit it very high and lost some distance also it seemed soft for a stiff. I compared my rip 60 and it was much better lower than Kali but still pretty high also hit it straighter. My swingspeed has increased since last season and the launch monitor had me topping out at 112 mph and average 106- 110. I did not try the Ahina which was recomended in x- stiff. Im not sure if I would like the feel of x stiff as Ive always hit stiff. Anyone here play the Ahina shaft in there 910 and if so how are you liking it and comparisons to other shafts hit in the 910?

I play an ahina stiff in my 910. My lift is set at 10.25. I throw low ish darts with that shaft. It feels ok, the results are what I want. It's not a bad combo. I plAy the 72. If possible, look at an hd6. I have nothing but great experiences trying this shift combo. I was just cheap and took a favorable alternative. 7m3 might also be a shaft too look at. I have yet to hit a 910 with that shaft, but loved what I saw in another driver.

Love the 'Ahina. SS during my fit ranged between 105 and 110. I swing mine in S flex and I absolutely love the pairing with my 910D2 8.5*. I play mine on the A1 setting and the trajectory couldn't be any more perfect. The ball just explodes off the face. When I put a good move on it, it feels and looks like ball was shot out of a cannon. I highly recommend the 910/Ahina pairing if you don't have any issue getting the ball into the air.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Back