Titleist PRO V1X - The best golf ball in the world!

Trojans73

Reaction score
Handicap
Oh how I love the PRO V1X ....let me count the ways...

It's sad, I compare golf balls to cigars... The PRO V1X is like a COHIBA (the real Cuban ones)...They are absolutely the best cigar I've ever had. But, they are expensive...$200/box! (Yes, I travel frequently and sneak them back into the US). However, from time to time you are on a budget...I know the difference between Titleist PRO V1X's and a "standard" golf ball is only $20, but I feel like I'm tossing $5 away when I hit it into the Chit. Oh, how I wish there was only another ball that was equally as good, but for $30-40. The PRO V1X is $50-55 plus tax. What I'd really like is a similar ball that I can take to the sand trap or the chipping green and get the same feel.

Very rarely does a PRO V1X last a whole 18 holes, usually 9-12 holes and I'm happy. So, if someone has another ball they think can BITE the greens like the PRO V1X or go as far as the PRO V1X (not quite as important as the BITE) please let me know... - OR - ...if anyone has a reputable site that sells them also let me know.

NOTHING STICKS like a PRO V1X!!!

In my bag
Driver: :taylormade: Superfast 2.0 (10.5°)/ Matrix Ozick XCon-4.8 Flex S
Fairway Metals: :taylormade: Rocketballz Tour 3 Wood TP Matrix Ozik RUL 70 ShaftFlex XS
:taylormade: R11 5 Wood / Blur by Fujikura Flex S
Irons: :taylormade: TP MB 4-PW
Gap Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT C-C Wedge Gap, Nippon N.S. Pro 1050 GH 50° Extra Stiff/Strong
Sand Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, FST KBS Hi-REV 54° (12° Bounce)
Lob Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH 60° (10° Bounce)
Putter: :odyssey: 2Ball SRT White Hot XG - Belly Putter
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Swing Speed: 117
Handicap: 12

Im glad you found the best ball for you. Things definitely stick just as well as a ProV1x, but if it works for you, good on it!

How would you rate the Monticristo No2 against the over marketed Cohiba?

I liked the Pro V1x a good bit when I played it and tested it for a while. I think it's my 2nd favorite ball right now behind the HEX Black. I just can't afford to constantly pay that kind of money for golf balls so I go for a cheaper option in the Gamer V2.

Well I have found quite a few balls that stick and fit my game better than the Pro V1x, but I am glad you like the ball.

I;m glad you found a great ball for you, I plat=yed the Prov1x for a long time, but finally found the Penta TP5 and hex Black, they were better for me and way cheaper.

Monte Cristo #2 - A personal favorite!

But, for me a Cohiba is a little smoother from start to finish.

The first few puffs of most cigars are almost throw away puffs...Cohiba is just good from the first. (imo).

In my bag
Driver:
taylormade.jpg
Superfast 2.0 (10.5°)/ Matrix Ozick XCon-4.8 Flex S
Fairway Metals:
taylormade.jpg
Rocketballz Tour 3 Wood TP Matrix Ozik RUL 70 ShaftFlex XS
taylormade.jpg
R11 5 Wood / Blur by Fujikura Flex S
Irons:
taylormade.jpg
TP MB 4-PW
Gap Wedge:
taylormade.jpg
TM TP xFT C-C Wedge Gap, Nippon N.S. Pro 1050 GH 50° Extra Stiff/Strong
Sand Wedge:
taylormade.jpg
TM TP xFT, FST KBS Hi-REV 54° (12° Bounce)
Lob Wedge:
taylormade.jpg
TM TP xFT, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH 60° (10° Bounce)
Putter:
odyssey.jpg
2Ball SRT White Hot XG - Belly Putter

Personally I can get most balls to stick fairly similar to the pro v1x even the non premium balls.

Could have something to do with how high I hit the ball with my irons but it does lessen the need for a high spin ball for me.

I could even get < $1 balls to stick fairly well

Glad you found a ball. I have you ever gone through the b-fit from Bridgestone also what other ball's have you tested

I like to Pro V1X too. I just like my Nike 20XI a little more.

Penta TP5 - definitely a good long ball for me...

Will take your advice and try the Hex Black....Think I tried a sleeve a while ago....but, will try it again!

In my bag
Fairway Metals: :taylormade: Rocketballz Tour 3 Wood TP Matrix Ozik RUL 70 ShaftFlex XS
Gap Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT C-C Wedge Gap, Nippon N.S. Pro 1050 GH 50° Extra Stiff/Strong

I'm a big fan as well. Have you ever been fit for a golf ball or golf balls through a swing analysis? You might be surprised if you haven't? Or maybe you have, just wondering.
Monte Cristo #2 - A personal favorite!

Good to hear that you have found a ball that works for your game.

I got fitted when Bridgestone had their demo....

They tested me on the 330 Tour...they said, yes, that is the best ball...then I pulled out Taylormade Penta and it went 5 yards farther...oops?

I think I am trying more for spin on scoring wedges now ...so I'm willing to sacrifice 3-5 yards on the drive. I definitely play a game where I land pin high (or just a hair past it). Not a bump and run.

In my bag

The prov1x is my favorite premium ball and the e6 is my go to in the under $30 range. Characteristics are different but it is my favorite for the price.

agreed!...ProV1X for me too...Penta a distant second...tried to like those Bridgestone balls but they are so short...hit the driver with ProV1X 10 yards further than any other balls.

Not a fan of the V1x but I am a HUGE fan of the USC Trojans! Class of 2001! FIGHT ON!

I like to Pro V1X too. I just like my Nike 20XI a little more.

I recently attended a Titleist ball fitting and was fit with the Prov1x. The rep said they are lower spin and launch than the 20XIx. I do like them around them greens, but still prefer the 20XI's off the tee and for durability.

I'm a huge fan of the Srixon Z-Star. If I didn't win 2 dozen Pro V1x's at the last tourney I played in, I would play the Srixon Z-Star. Don't get me wrong I still love the Pro V1x, but I just think the Z-Star performs better for me overall.

agreed!...ProV1X for me too...Penta a distant second...tried to like those Bridgestone balls but they are so short...hit the driver with ProV1X 10 yards further than any other balls.

Glad the Prov1X works for you, have you ever done a ball fitting?

Couple things after I comment. Glad you found something that works for you. I'm a firm believer that when talking about golf equipment is like talking about cars. Everyone has an opinion and none of them are correct. I too think its a great premium ball.

Now
1.) give the Callaway Hex Black a shot, I'll think you'll be impressed and at the going price of 27.30, it's certainly a bargain.
2.) keep your eyes/eas open early next year. Two yeas in a row, Titleist offered customized ProV/ProV1X balls for a pretty good deal, 4 for the price of 3. Pick your own number and put your initials on them.

Good luck

It's good that you found one of the balls that is found most often lost on the course! You can save a bit of money by playing the found balls. (At least on the courses I play, the 1 and the 1x are what I find more than any other ball)

Titleist ball fittings are a joke.

Nothing sticks like a prov1x...err isn't the prov1 the higher spinning ball, thus sticking more?... this thread is something...

Back