Titleist TSi Driver Review

@NVGOLFER80 @OldandStiff i will hopefully be able to hit this outside in about a month. On the quad I was finding them both fairly easy launch off the deck but the tsi3 was definitely lower spin. I’m hoping it’s a good tee club as my home course has a few holes that driver is too long for
I actually went with the TSi2 13.5 as compared to the TSi3 15*, for the same reasons mentioned by @NVGOLFER80, except that I have nowhere near the ball speed of either @NVGOLFER80 or @OldandStiff, so that lower loft gives me some needed ball speed and I can still hit it fine off the deck. I have the 13.5 and then go to a TSi3 5 wood, cranked down to 17*.

I may have to go in for another round of testing, we just got 4” of snow overnight and it’s still snowing so I have time to swap if if decide I made the wrong choice

Went back and hit both the tsi3 and tsi2 fairways, the 3 is definitely the one for me. Also hit the 20* tsi3 hybrid while I was there and ordered it

I was told that my TSi3 would not ship until next week. Today, I saw this:
image2.jpeg
Two rounds booked for this weekend...

Played 18 on the sim, really liking the 15* tsi3. Can’t wait to get this thing on grass

I played 2 rounds over the weekend with my new TSi3 and I absolutely love it! My driving has improved greatly over the past year, but I have never had as many straight drives, nor kept as many shots in the fairway, let alone in play than with this driver.

Saturday was beautiful, 70's and sunny, barley any breeze. I hit 13 shots with the TSi3; only one was OB and that was a "for fun" shot to try and carry a wetland to a second fairway on a short par 4. 8 fairways, another 2 a few feet into the rough, left only 2 into deeper fescue plus the OB shot I mentioned. Normally I am hitting 2-3 fairways with a driver.

Sunday was windy and all rain. No one else out on the course. 12 shots, 7 fairways, 2 in the rough. I forced driver on a lot of narrow holes just to hit it, putting 3 OB, but not by much. Still, 7 fairways is very high for me with a driver.

Very easy to swing and feels great. I have gained some distance but with wet fairways Saturday and super saturated conditions Sunday, I had minimal or no roll out so I will wait until things dry out to get better numbers. My carry is further, though. 10-15 yards more with a driver fit to my swing. I love this club.

This driver has been on my brain a lot lately since I have the fairway and hybrid on order

I think I can hold out about another week before blowing the dust off my TSi3 and putting it in against whichever Epic is ahead of it's brother. I think. The weather is improving and weeks can get long. :p

It definitely doesn't help when a video today had someone saying how a TSi3 - Ventus Black 6X loves to eliminate a left side miss. That's what's in my Speed, and I'm trying to hold out on putting it in the TSi3. 😕

I finally got my new TSi3 driver and TSi2 fairway recently and took them out on the course. I haven't driven the ball that well in years! I ordered them after a fitting at Club Champion. They fit me into ACCRA shafts, but I ended up ordering comparable stock shafts because I couldn't afford to pay $1800 for two clubs. I went in with my eyes on Cobra, Callaway, TaylorMade, and Ben Hogan (unfortunately they only carry Hogan irons), but Titleist had by far the best performance, look, and sound for me.

I was worried the stock shafts wouldn't have the same performance, and they might not, but it's impossible to compare between indoors on a Trackman and outdoors on the course. Regardless, this is the best driver I've ever hit, including all the big-name new releases.

Sooooooo, when the tsi was released I when through a fitting. I bought the tsi3 9* with tour ad xc 6s. I played it for a few months and hit it amazingly well. Then, for no good reason, I sold it (kept the shaft) and went to the epic speed. 2 weeks later, went back to the tsi3, but added TSI2 3 wood and tsi3 hybrid. Tsi line is just so good. I'm a long time titleist player (since 975d...). This is the best driver they've ever produced, imo.

Well this has been a crazy winter for me regarding my purchases. I just ordered a tsi3 9* to test out against my epic LS. Should have it by the end of the week. I also have a tensei 1k coming with a Callaway adapter and now wishing I ordered it with a Titleist adapter. I’m assuming the the Titleist adapter and Callaway are similar is length? Does anyone know if the shafts play the same length in the heads if I was to switch adapters?

Well this has been a crazy winter for me regarding my purchases. I just ordered a tsi3 9* to test out against my epic LS. Should have it by the end of the week. I also have a tensei 1k coming with a Callaway adapter and now wishing I ordered it with a Titleist adapter. I’m assuming the the Titleist adapter and Callaway are similar is length? Does anyone know if the shafts play the same length in the heads if I was to switch adapters?
Man, yeah, you're on fire with the buys. 🔥

So hopefully someone will have exact ones to compare or their notes handy, but TSi adapters are pretty shaft deep. Callaway's are kind of the opposite. If you pull a standard from some others it will play long in a callaway most often without cutting. Start callaway and go to others and it tends to be shorter. In my holiday morning mind a callaway pull in a tsi will play about 3/8 - 1/2" shorter. About a 1/4 heavy on the adapters tip and about 1/8 on the shaft seat depth. I have none of this in front of me right now though, so I could be wrong.

Man, yeah, you're on fire with the buys. 🔥

So hopefully someone will have exact ones to compare or their notes handy, but TSi adapters are pretty shaft deep. Callaway's are kind of the opposite. If you pull a standard from some others it will play long in a callaway most often without cutting. Start callaway and go to others and it tends to be shorter. In my holiday morning mind a callaway pull in a tsi will play about 3/8 - 1/2" shorter. About a 1/4 heavy on the adapters tip and about 1/8 on the shaft seat depth. I have none of this in front of me right now though, so I could be wrong.
Thanks, I ordered the 1k to play standard in the LS so if I decide to swap it to the Titleist I will b ok with playing it 45” - 45 1/4”. Thanks for the info and I do need to stop buying stuff and start hitting balls with what I have

Last edited:
I lucked and reached out to see if I could just get the Titleist adapter installed instead of the Callaway and got it changed before the shaft was built. New tsi3 9* coming as well as the Tensei pro 1k 60s.

I swear I’m done buying stuff for awhile

I lucked and reached out to see if I could just get the Titleist adapter installed instead of the Callaway and got it changed before the shaft was built. New tsi3 9* coming as well as the Tensei pro 1k 60s.

I swear I’m done buying stuff for awhile
That worked out nicely!

Reactions: MH
Well I finally put the TSi3 back in play today. Oooh mama. Let me crunch some numbers..

Screenshot_20210409-145613_Calculator.jpgScreenshot_20210409-145632_Calculator.jpg

and 11/12 fairways. I can live with ALL of that.

I'll have to spend a day really going after some with the Epic Speed, but I think my instinct after playing both for a while might have been accurate. TSi3 seems a little better for my miss (high on face), but maybe not quite as long on the button. Probably for a combination of launch and spin characteristics.

I really went after some today while I was working on some mechanical things, and it was mostly really good. Dialed back a couple for videos for a forumer, but the first one of those was a perfect example of my miss still doing pretty well with this head. It's still really good.

I brought the loft down to 9.5* but I still think it spins a tad more than my Speed 9.

Last edited:
Well I finally put the TSi3 back in play today. Oooh mama. Let me crunch some numbers..

View attachment 9002165View attachment 9002166

and 11/12 fairways. I can live with ALL of that.

I'll have to spend a day really going after some with the Epic Speed, but I think my instinct after playing both for a while might have been accurate. TSi3 seems a little better for my miss (high on face), but maybe not quite as long on the button. Probably for a combination of launch and spin characteristics.

I really went after some today while I was working on some mechanical things, and it was mostly really good. Dialed back a couple for videos for a forumer, but the first one of those was a perfect example of my miss still doing pretty well with this head. It's still really good.

I brought the loft down to 9.5* but I still think it spins a tad more than my Speed 9.
345 damnnnnnnnn daniel

Screenshot_20210412-202348_TheGrint.jpg

So I've tracked 4 rounds since putting the TSi3 back in play, with the same shaft I had been playing in my Speed. Right around 50 drives I think. These results are why my scoring has been bonkers during that time.

Wide variety of conditions, courses, trying to crush some, trying to place and control others, etc. Low 2 are both 281, the couple long ones were hit well but placed better to run. One was today and I actually didn't swing very hard, just put it in the perfect spot to chase.

Long story short, it's been very good, as it was for months, and despite about a 5 yd increase over my previous 50 with the Speed, conditions and effort were a little different. So I'm going to take a couple days off and then log 4 with the Speed with a more similar set of swings and opportunities and see where things really are between the two.

I will say that I do think TSi3 is sightly better for my miss, and my ability to shape both ways with that head is really.. like.. maybe best I've ever used. I pushed a couple hard left to right today, which isn't my strength, into perfect flight and distance windows. Speed might have it's work cut out for it there, but I'll wait and see.

Either way, this head is everything I ever thought it was, still.

Mine showed up today and with a meeting in Calgary all day Thursday I will get my first round in Friday morning before I head home. Hopefully I will get a few swings in on the range prior to the round but if not it will be on the first hole!

Played my first round today & I have to say I’m really impressed with the tsi3 driver. Sound and feel were excellent and ball flight was fairly straight and distance was excellent considering it was almost freezing out. Very glad I picked this driver up after my failed experiment with the max LS.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but it's all I could find.

The saga continues as the revolving door at the top end of my bag has a newcomer, a TSI2 4 wood. Got rid of the G425 Max 5 wood for a couple reasons, but mostly because it sounded like a bag of ass, and turns out m not a fan of the matte crown either. Tried to make the new Callaway models work but the darn things just don't spin at all, even the 5 wood. Really liked the Sim2 TI 5 wood but quite frankly I found the $530 CAD price tag to be completely unjustified, and borderline offensive. Found a nicely abused TSI2 4 wood on the used rack for a bargain and grabbed it without even swinging it (trying the Costanza method here).

Anyways my new TSi4 wood got thrown straight into action last weekend and I was really happy with the results. In the C-1 setting I didn't get into any trouble on the left side of the course and I even made decent contact off the turf a couple times. Looks great and classic, sounds sweet, and offers a good launch and a flight that actually hangs up in the air a little. I'd actually say the flight is very similar to a G425 Max 5 wood, which is a good thing.

I'm not going to get too excited too soon because it could all go to crap shortly, and it usually does. But first impression is very good.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but it's all I could find.

The saga continues as the revolving door at the top end of my bag has a newcomer, a TSI2 4 wood. Got rid of the G425 Max 5 wood for a couple reasons, but mostly because it sounded like a bag of ass, and turns out m not a fan of the matte crown either. Tried to make the new Callaway models work but the darn things just don't spin at all, even the 5 wood. Really liked the Sim2 TI 5 wood but quite frankly I found the $530 CAD price tag to be completely unjustified, and borderline offensive. Found a nicely abused TSI2 4 wood on the used rack for a bargain and grabbed it without even swinging it (trying the Costanza method here).

Anyways my new TSi4 wood got thrown straight into action last weekend and I was really happy with the results. In the C-1 setting I didn't get into any trouble on the left side of the course and I even made decent contact off the turf a couple times. Looks great and classic, sounds sweet, and offers a good launch and a flight that actually hangs up in the air a little. I'd actually say the flight is very similar to a G425 Max 5 wood, which is a good thing.

I'm not going to get too excited too soon because it could all go to crap shortly, and it usually does. But first impression is very good.
So funny, I have one of these sitting in a cart:
652CFA2B-3198-4831-876C-D82EF75BC313.jpeg

Back