Titleist TSi Fairway Woods

The TSi3 3W and I have not had as seamless of a transition as the driver. That face sitting closed is either in my head or affecting shots. That thing wants to go left. I have to fight it like crazy and do a serious spine tilt to hold the line. The tip is getting pulled tomorrow and switched out so I can open it up a little more.

The sound is really interesting with it.

Observer 1 - "That thing sounds SOLID compared to your Mavrik (SZ)"

Observer 2 - "Mmhm."

Me - It's a Titleist.

Played the TSi3 driver and 3 wood today for the first time. I didn’t play a 3 wood last year as I completely lost my swing/confidence with a fairway wood. I hit a few tee shots with it and even as wet as it was where I am, it gave a great flight with more roll out than I was expecting. It was really easy to hit off the deck as well. I hit more solid shots with it than I had with a three wood in the last couple of years combined.

I really liked the shape of the TSi3 fairway wood. Looks a lot like my Ben Hogan GS53 from address.
134B6384-0A3F-4726-9968-5015DF2DDF89.jpeg081320FE-E3EE-4180-BEFA-3EF552F9FA2C.jpeg75364673-606D-470D-96D8-E40F8B71C7E8.jpeg

I've hit the 3 wood a few times and have the TSI3 driver. I actually struggled with the 3wood. The ground traction was too much, and I couldn't feel like I was making clean shots. I ended up picking up the newish Mizuno 3 wood, and I am happier with that.

My TSi2 13.5 arrived today. This thing looks pretty good behind the ball. The head seems a little more closed than I remembered the fitting heads.

It looks great and felt pretty great with the swings I took in my garage. Seems to launch a little lower than my F9 3 wood.

Again debating if I put in the bag tomorrow or not. I would like to put a range session in first before doing a competition.

If you want the 80g RDX it's backordered through February. So my 5 wood is gonna have the 70g RDX. Might need to give Will a call for a Ventus Red 9X

For those of you who have felt that the TSi 3 fairway sits closed, have you tried the most flat setting?

For those of you who have felt that the TSi 3 fairway sits closed, have you tried the most flat setting?
Yes. I play flat anyway, so the first thing I do is adjust it. It's odd to me how it sits.

I'm surprised there is not more talk about these. I had the tsi3 (I'd normally always gravitate to the 2 series) in the bag for a demo this morning and it is seriously good. Had the smoke rdx in it. Straight, high and long (for me), 3 things my 3 wood play is not known for.

I think a lot of talk of these has been over in the Driver Thread.

Overall been very happy withy TSi2 13.5 so far.

Screenshot_20201229-162950_TheGrint.jpg
20201229_162931.jpg

I haven't been in love with the TSi3 FW so far obviously, but things like this (made the putt) definitely help keep me open to trying to make it work. Good example of that seriously solid sound from them, too. They feel good, but it's a little different to me.

This thread had kind of died off, how is everyone else getting on with them? Anyone still looking forward to trying them?

Last edited:
I am thinking a TSi2 3 or 5 wood may need to join the driver in my bag next year.

I am thinking a TSi2 3 or 5 wood may need to join the driver in my bag next year.
The 5W idea has me curious. I'd consider a TSi2 18* or something as an option for my bag.

I hung back today by hitting a lot of 3W's off the tee. I've been playing my TSi3 with the AV Raw White the last few rounds. While it seems a little easier for me to control, I'm still falling a little short of my dialed in Mav Sub Zero numbers, and it's taking a lot more effort to do even that. Not sure what my next move with it will be. I've started to appreciate the solid feel of it more, but can't seem to eek out the numbers I'm looking for on course. It's a mystery. Might give it a couple rounds off.

I hung back today by hitting a lot of 3W's off the tee. I've been playing my TSi3 with the AV Raw White the last few rounds. While it seems a little easier for me to control, I'm still falling a little short of my dialed in Mav Sub Zero numbers, and it's taking a lot more effort to do even that. Not sure what my next move with it will be. I've started to appreciate the solid feel of it more, but can't seem to eek out the numbers I'm looking for on course. It's a mystery. Might give it a couple rounds off.

what shaft was inyour Mav?

You should swap tips and see what happens.I know you got the skills.
I'm going to play the mav a couple rounds and see how it goes, and then yeah, probably do some tinkering with the rogue in the TSi3. I have some other club work I need to do before we start moving, so I'll add that to the list of things to set up. Just bugs me that I feel like I'm all over it, but not getting quite the same yardage.

Finally got my first round in with the tsi3 15*. I hit it both from the tee as well as into a couple long par 5’s. It’s an absolute cannon, very easy to elevate and long. I play in in the standard loft, flat setting and it sits square to my eye. Really happy with my decision to go with the 3 over the 2. I was second guessing myself but I that was out to rest after one round

TSi2 16.5* inbound !
Looking forward to getting this in the bag!

Oops, I made a post about my TSi2 4 wood in the driver thread.
Club is good, really good. And I think Titleist adjustable adapter is amazing. It just seems to really make a difference in performance and ball flight.

These are on my radar for my next bag update..... at least to demo

Back