Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
While the new TSR drivers are sure to get the largest share of initial attention, make no mistake, Titleist knew they had their work cut out for them to take the immensely popular TSi fairways and improve upon them for this release as well. 

How did they do it? By focusing on what they call the “Four F’s”, Flight, Feel, Form, and Forgiveness. 

Say hello to the three new TSR fairway metals. 

Titleist TSR Fairways

A major focus with this release was in trying to perfect the CG within each model, what Titleist ended up with is the lowest CG they have ever built into a fairway. By achieving this, they have created a higher launching clubhead which means more playable for golfers of all types. 

This CG movement was of course done by removing and replacing weight elsewhere in the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably just me, but I've missed your reviews as of late.

With what you've written I assume you don't have a comparison picture @Jman so we can see what the taller face looks against the old models.

So, you dying to get that + model, @Jman ?

I need to know more about the TSR2+. Titleist is out doing themselves with this release.

Yes!! More goodness!!

Man that TSR2+ does not disappoint. For people that like to tee a 3W it could be a game changer. So easy for how much of a rocket it is. I think it sits really interesting too. Looks great, with the rear heal giving the impression of sitting real flat to the ground. It's cool. Makes it seem shallow without being it.

Haven't got on as well with the Tensei 1k Black in the fairways. It's a different feel than I'm used to, but the new Hzrdus Black has been good. It seems like they get a little easier by generation.

They both sound awesome, but I might prefer the 2 over the 3 again this time. Haven't played a fairway in a while, but this

20220906_164344.jpg

is getting a serious look.

And I think it is highly, HIGHLY underappreciated that theirs are adjustable for the price that they are. Not just in being able to find tune, but also to shaft swap. So much better than bonded in one, and then adjustable at a much higher price in the other like some do. Feels like you get a lot with these.

Last edited:
3W has been a notoriously sore spot in my bag. I want to give this one a shot and see if I hit it as well or better than the Rogue ST Max I’ve tested recently. I need a club and shaft combo in the 3W slot that I can trust.

Maybe 2023 will be the year Titleist takes over the top of the bag?!

The TSR2+ is so good, I got it mainly as a tee shot club since I will hit 5 wood off the fairway 99% of the time. It has been perfect for me as it ends up about ten to fifteen yards shorter than my driver and I can turn it both ways with minimal effort. It is also far easier to hit off the fairway than some of the past larger headed fairway woods that I have played.

In general, the TSR2 fairways reduced the dragging feel that I had with the TSi fairways coming through impact. They just glide across the turf and I don’t feel like I am losing any efficiency.

• Staff
So, you dying to get that + model, @Jman ?
I’m possibly more excited about it than I am the TSR4 which will be waiting at Ballyhack for me.

It’s a cannon. And my fitter made it a point for me to fit off the deck with it, proving its versatility even at 13.0

Probably just me, but I've missed your reviews as of late.

With what you've written I assume you don't have a comparison picture @Jman so we can see what the taller face looks against the old models.
Wasn’t in the release photos, that said, in 11 days myself and a bunch of THP’ers will be able to get those shots for you in hand.

I’m possibly more excited about it than I am the TSR4 which will be waiting at Ballyhack for me.

It’s a cannon. And my fitter made it a point for me to fit off the deck with it, proving its versatility even at 13.0

I know you too well 😎

Are the fairways making an appearance at Bally as well?

The TSR2+ is so good, I got it mainly as a tee shot club since I will hit 5 wood off the fairway 99% of the time. It has been perfect for me as it ends up about ten to fifteen yards shorter than my driver and I can turn it both ways with minimal effort. It is also far easier to hit off the fairway than some of the past larger headed fairway woods that I have played.

In general, the TSR2 fairways reduced the dragging feel that I had with the TSi fairways coming through impact. They just glide across the turf and I don’t feel like I am losing any efficiency.
That sounds about perfect!

Not sure if I would want the 2 or 3 in 16.5 but they look awesome!

Mrs. Puttmaster: “Hey, is this another golf club box on the front porch?”

Me: “Stand back!! That’s not a golf club, sweetheart. That’s a 13-degree rocket launcher!”

😎 LFG!

The tsi fairway woods were the first in years I liked. These feel like a small but very solid step forward.

Mrs. Puttmaster: “Hey, is this another golf club box on the front porch?”

Me: “Stand back!! That’s not a golf club, sweetheart. That’s a 13-degree rocket launcher!”

😎 LFG!
This will be in the bag for sure. I need this for a tee weapon in my life stat.

The 3+ will be in the bag for sure. Now I just have to get fit somewhere very soon :banghead: I love rocket launchers!

Really interested in the TSR2+. Probably won’t make any moves until the spring though

When I have a 3w in the bag it's pretty much exclusively a tee-only club, so the TSR2+ sounds right up my alley. Great article as always James!

The 2+ is supposed to be phenomenal from what I've been told.

The 2+ is supposed to be phenomenal from what I've been told.
It really is, probably the most impressive I’ve hit since the Callaway X Hot 3 Deep for a tee based strong 3 wood and it is far easier to hit off the deck than the Callaway was.

I’m super happy to be headed back to a low lofted 3w.

My fitter, who is a friend, flat out told me I was stupid when he saw my TSi2 4w experiment 🤣

TSR3 fwy is perfect!!! Sound, shape were better than expected. Not sold on hzrdus red CB for fwy but DI didn’t disappoint

0AE5B022-C7A1-428E-AD50-9B25E3FC5DF9.jpeg

WOW. Titleist is definitely impressing. I think the 3 would be the route I'd go in this lineup. The 2 plus is a nice addition though not really in my wheelhouse. Really really like what Titleist is doing.

I think I am more interested in the FW's than I am the driver. Would love to see that Tsr2 and Tsr2+ and compare to this honma 3 wood.

Back