Toulon Small Batch Sea Island Surprise

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Look, by now most of you know that I'm not one to be left in shock all that often. I have something to say about everything, whether someone wants to hear it or not, and that is part of the reason I love THP.

I've been here for going on 14 years come January, and I've been a staff writer for 12 this past September. I love my job here, I love the people here. Sure, we all go through ebbs and flows of life, but THP has been there for me through almost all of my major events as an adult. More than that, @JB and @GolferGal have been there for them.

I know they don't want attention, but I'm going to give it, because at times I think it gets lost in the Experiences and fun that this place they have built and sustained offers, that they CARE. They care about everyone, and they spend more time trying to find the most optimal solutions to make as many people happy thank anyone out there truly realizes. When its a success, they try to do bettter, when it isn't as much a success, they STILL try to do better by this entire community.

I've been FORTUNATE to be a part of this place as long as I have, and I've told people in my life many times, reviewing golf equipment is one of the few things I am good at, and they have allowed me for these 12 years to be a small part in helping THP continue to grow.

So, when I got a little video the other day from JB, he and GG once again blew my mind. When we found out about the Sea Island Small Batch release from Toulon Golf, it broke my mind. IF you read the release article, I'm sure you could sense the passion that I had when typing it. That shape, that alignment, that finish, all of it was PRECISLEY what this old putter addict would have implemented into a custom Toulon if I was given the chance. But, I resisted. It killed me, but I resisted, doing the thing I knew was right.

Then, that video. From here, I will let the pictures do the talking. But, thank you JB and GG, from me for me, and for the whole forum, all the work you two put it isn't lost on us!

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5325.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

DSC01947.JPGDSC01948.JPGDSC01950.JPGDSC01952.JPGDSC01954.JPGDSC01956.JPGDSC01957.JPGDSC01958.JPGDSC01960.JPGDSC01962.JPGDSC01964.JPGDSC01965.JPGDSC01969.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
And no @GolferGal I will not apologize for tagging you. ;)

Pretty close to perfection here

• Staff
Pretty close to perfection here
It really is. You know me, I have had a LOT of putters, but this one checks all the boxes for me.

And you bet your ass I'm putting it in the bag and USING it.

Man, this is the kind of stuff that our existence on this great big ball that we live on should be all about.

The putter looks fantastic... But oddly enough it is the grip that I am most impressed by.

• Staff
The putter looks fantastic... But oddly enough it is the grip that I am most impressed by.
I forgot how good the deep etch shape actually is.

• Staff
Living near Sea Island, this small batch putter caught my attention. To my eye it is the best executed collaboration and nicest small batch Toulon putter to date.

Congratulations @Jman on your wonderful gift!

Well done @JB and @GolferGal for your kind gesture of appreciation.

Living near Sea Island, this small batch putter caught my attention. To my eye it is the best executed collaboration and nicest small batch Toulon putter to date.

Congratulations @Jman on your wonderful gift!

Well done @JB and @GolferGal for your kind gesture of appreciation.
They have definitely all been beautiful, but I'm with you on this one, its just another level of beauty and refinement.

Awesome. Such a nice gesture!

Swiss watchmaker metal feels pretty amazing BTW. :oops:

That’s just so damn cool

Congrats!!! 🔥

Love! Love! Love it! Perfection..

Well deserved.

That’s an absolutely outstanding gift! Well deserved dude!

Look, by now most of you know that I'm not one to be left in shock all that often. I have something to say about everything, whether someone wants to hear it or not, and that is part of the reason I love THP.

I've been here for going on 14 years come January, and I've been a staff writer for 12 this past September. I love my job here, I love the people here. Sure, we all go through ebbs and flows of life, but THP has been there for me through almost all of my major events as an adult. More than that, @JB and @GolferGal have been there for them.

I know they don't want attention, but I'm going to give it, because at times I think it gets lost in the Experiences and fun that this place they have built and sustained offers, that they CARE. They care about everyone, and they spend more time trying to find the most optimal solutions to make as many people happy thank anyone out there truly realizes. When its a success, they try to do bettter, when it isn't as much a success, they STILL try to do better by this entire community.

I've been FORTUNATE to be a part of this place as long as I have, and I've told people in my life many times, reviewing golf equipment is one of the few things I am good at, and they have allowed me for these 12 years to be a small part in helping THP continue to grow.

So, when I got a little video the other day from JB, he and GG once again blew my mind. When we found out about the Sea Island Small Batch release from Toulon Golf, it broke my mind. IF you read the release article, I'm sure you could sense the passion that I had when typing it. That shape, that alignment, that finish, all of it was PRECISLEY what this old putter addict would have implemented into a custom Toulon if I was given the chance. But, I resisted. It killed me, but I resisted, doing the thing I knew was right.

Then, that video. From here, I will let the pictures do the talking. But, thank you JB and GG, from me for me, and for the whole forum, all the work you two put it isn't lost on us!

View attachment 9224489

View attachment 9224488

View attachment 9224486

View attachment 9224485

View attachment 9224484

View attachment 9224490

View attachment 9224491View attachment 9224492View attachment 9224493View attachment 9224494View attachment 9224495View attachment 9224496View attachment 9224497View attachment 9224498View attachment 9224499View attachment 9224500View attachment 9224501View attachment 9224502View attachment 9224503
Oh wow.. this is the putter you talked about. You better game the grooves off this thing.

Oh so damn pretty.

Amazing gesture and one of the most amazing putter releases in recent memory! Enjoy it!

Everything from the turtles on the bottom to the grip color; is just well thought out. I really dig this.

It really is lovely! Glad to see it in your hands, James!

Stunning putter. And a fabulous gift. Enjoy!

That’s a damn good looking putter!

Back