Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Hey guys,

Buddy of mine struggles with a bit of a slice. He has power and tends to spin his driver a fair amount. When he catches one right, he is right there with me.

Is this driver friendly for guys with a slice? I was gonna recommend he try this and/or the Cally B21 driver.

Thank you.
B21 wil be the most effective low spin driver for that specific miss.

Hey guys,

Buddy of mine struggles with a bit of a slice. He has power and tends to spin his driver a fair amount. When he catches one right, he is right there with me.

Is this driver friendly for guys with a slice? I was gonna recommend he try this and/or the Cally B21 driver.

Thank you.

I can’t speak for the Tour Edge. But, I am gaming the B21. I absolutely love it. You can see my comments on that thread. It is a fairway finding machine. I’m hitting the ball significantly farther with the B21. Although a slice was not my driving issue, (a high spinning short fade was my issue), the B21 has changed my ball flight. Although I do tend to still hit a fade, the ball is going a lot further with a better trajectory. I can still hit bad tee shots, but they are better than my previous drivers would have produced with the same swing.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!!! Will recommend accordingly. Cheers!

Hey guys,

Thank you.
I’ve played both. Like @Jman said B21 is probably better for a true slice. My miss is more of a push due to face being slightly open. Can game either driver however for me the c721 is longer. Launch and carry on it are fabulous.

I
Hey guys,

Thank you.

I'm going to go against the grain here. He should demo the C721 but ask the fitter to put it in the Neutral Upright setting. This will increase lie angle, making it 3* more upright. Also, he will likely need to play the ball an inch or so more forward in his stance. I play mine directly off my big toe. Should deliver the face more squarely to the ball.

I

I'm going to go against the grain here. He should demo the C721 but ask the fitter to put it in the Neutral Upright setting. This will increase lie angle, making it 3* more upright. Also, he will likely need to play the ball an inch or so more forward in his stance. I play mine directly off my big toe. Should deliver the face more squarely to the ball.
YES, I have always been a draw biased shot, the C721 with moving it to 11DEG with he vents red stiff, i hit it dang near straight. I do not slice the ball. I want to get a weight kit though and make it heavier to see what gains i get

I’ve played both. Like @Jman said B21 is probably better for a true slice. My miss is more of a push due to face being slightly open. Can game either driver however for me the c721 is longer. Launch and carry on it are fabulous.
Yup. That one is designed for LITERALLY that golfer Dnice is describing.

Is that a knock on this one? Hell no, this one is a beast, but it’s also not a draw biased head.

Hey guys,

Thank you.

I have been running into this problem with the C721. My balls goes straight, moves right and when it lands it tumbles further right. It was suggested to move the ball forward. It didn't help. I don't normally slice. Playing the Red Ventus R, Which feels nice.

Yup. That one is designed for LITERALLY that golfer Dnice is describing.

Is that a knock on this one? Hell no, this one is a beast, but it’s also not a draw biased head.
I actually think the c721 is better for my overall golf swing. B21 doesn’t necessarily promote good swing mechanics. It’s pretty much grip and rip. Don’t get me wrong it’s fun but and I’ll keep it around for a while.

I have been running into this problem with the C721. My balls goes straight, moves right and when it lands it tumbles further right. It was suggested to move the ball forward. It didn't help. I don't normally slice. Playing the Red Ventus R, Which feels nice.
I not a firm believer in move ball forward theory. Yes it will help launch angle but if you can’t hit it with correct path and face angle it won’t help. I find that if I get ball to far forward it will amplify my push right. Any experts want to chime in because I’m no expert

I not a firm believer in move ball forward theory. Yes it will help launch angle but if you can’t hit it with correct path and face angle it won’t help. I find that if I get ball to far forward it will amplify my push right. Any experts want to chime in because I’m no expert
Moving the ball up allows you to swing more left…which technically promotes more fade. Usually you want to move the ball back a bit to promote a more inside path for a draw.

Moving the ball up allows you to swing more left…which technically promotes more fade. Usually you want to move the ball back a bit to promote a more inside path for a draw.
My thoughts and experience

I play the ball just forward of center of the stance with my driver

I play the ball just forward of center of the stance with my driver
Thats pretty far back in my mind….

Lead foot heel is where I think we all mostly wanna be.

Thats pretty far back in my mind….

Lead foot heel is where I think we all mostly wanna be.

Front big toe is where I like to be ... but I'm usually slightly back of it.

Front big toe is where I like to be ... but I'm usually slightly back of it.

Guess that depends on how square your front foot is!! I turn my lead foot out….

Guess that depends on how square your front foot is!! I turn my lead foot out….

Yes, or somewhere the big toe might be if straight - probably front inside heel.

To get back on track with c721 info. What all shafts have people tried in the 721

To get back on track with c721 info. What all shafts have people tried in the 721
I put a Riptide CB in to replace the RDX Blue. I always fool myself that I can the Hzrdus range, but it just doesn’t mesh with my swing.

I put a Riptide CB in to replace the RDX Blue. I always fool myself that I can the Hzrdus range, but it just doesn’t mesh with my swing.
For me, the Smoke yellow was good when I swung out of my shoes and got the face angle right. But it led to a lot if errant shots too. The RDX blue seems to fit my smooth transition a lot better, and feels less stiff than the Smoke Yellow.

If you can find a good fit shaft wise, the distance and accuracy will be there with this head. Good luck, and have fun!

For me, the Smoke yellow was good when I swung out of my shoes and got the face angle right. But it led to a lot if errant shots too. The RDX blue seems to fit my smooth transition a lot better, and feels less stiff than the Smoke Yellow.

If you can find a good fit shaft wise, the distance and accuracy will be there with this head. Good luck, and have fun!
The riptide fits my profile to a ”t”. I was hitting nice little baby draws and could turn it over on command yesterday.

Everyone is different for sure. It took a little while to feel comfortable with the RDX blue in mine. I know prefer it to some other shafts that I like before. The c721 head coupled to the perfect shaft through a fitting could be a beast.

The riptide fits my profile to a ”t”. I was hitting nice little baby draws and could turn it over on command yesterday.
It sure is fun when you find that shaft that just works!

I’ve played 6 different shafts in my review head now, the spread is about 400 RPM, not nearly what most out there would expect.

Back