Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Hit the 220 hybrid (18) yesterday at Club Champion before my body betrayed me and man, it’s a lot of fun. The sound is impeccable, as is the fairway, but the numbers for what I’m physically working with right now were good at times, and great at others. Got a few into that 235-240 range.

The size is bigger, but it wasn’t obnoxious.

I’m really excited to get ob in hand for review soon.
And I'm excited to hear more on this as well! Between your review, and the TEEm that we will be having soon, excited about Tour Edge Exotics in 2020

Really can’t wait to get more time with the hybrid and also fairway eventually. In the bay with the fairway the first thing @JB pointed out was the sound, it’s got a little of that throwback Ti sound in it, but it’s JUST enough without getting hollow or loud. The hybrid is one of the beat sounding ones I’ve hit in a minute.

Really can’t wait to get more time with the hybrid and also fairway eventually. In the bay with the fairway the first thing @JB pointed out was the sound, it’s got a little of that throwback Ti sound in it, but it’s JUST enough without getting hollow or loud. The hybrid is one of the beat sounding ones I’ve hit in a minute.
?

I'm buying a 15 fwy, 18 fwy or 19 Hy. It's only a matter of this month or next. I just get along with their clubs.

I've always been intrigued by the bottom of these fairways but haven't found a place to try them yet. How do they compare at getting through the turf? Better /worse /similar to the cobra rails on their fairways?

Alright!

After 3 hours at the range, and getting groceries, I said, "Oh, what the heck, why not stop by the PGATSS and see if they have demos of the EXS 220 Fairways. They did.

I went to the 3 wood (15 deg) with Made for Ventus Shaft - nice head - and wow, the feel was similar to the Mavrik fairway (solid yet soft feel/sound) but the TE did not seem as big. I then took a Mavrik Max 3 wood with the Even Flow - I like the Even Flow shaft.

But I was hitting the EXS well and was confident with it - not certain of the shaft but I was getting slightly better results with it against the Mavrik -- I think if I'd hit them more, Mavrik would be equal. Was getting getting 220 carry several times with my best EXS 220 (that's a lot for me) and Mav was a bit less on my best carrry.

Also hit the EXS 220 19 Hybrid - it was a beast. But I was not consistent with it. Need outside range time with it.

Loved the head on both Fairway and Hybrid. Check them out against the Mavrik.

Last edited:
Yeah. I need some long term time with the 220 hybo and fairway ASAP

If you know me, you know I’m a floozy for fairway woods, and the 220 is headed to OK for a fling. Ready to get some quality in hand pics of it and put it to work.

My EXS 3 wood is a rocket launcher!

Monday I’ll have the fairway in hand, bet on a lot of thoughts and feedback.

Monday I’ll have the fairway in hand, bet on a lot of thoughts and feedback.
Color me interested. I was a very early adopter of their original Exotics CB1 fw's. Since, I've only had the Trilogy and last year I picked up an EX10 3W.

Swing was off at the time, I sliced it and parked it in the closet. But just last week, I put a 20g counterweight in the grip. Only played it once but it was an absolute cannon off the tee and really, really good for me off the deck.

I already have EX9 hybrids so I'll keep an eye out for reports on the EXS 220 hybrids too.

The EXS line had me tempted. This one pretty much assures that I'll pick something up.

With the right shaft ... I have a GD Tour AD F 55 waiting to go into whatever head I purchase if stock is not consistent.

Last edited:
In hand! Lets goooooooo!

Fairway:

DSC01334-XL.jpg

DSC01336-XL.jpg

DSC01338-XL.jpg

DSC01342-XL.jpg

DSC01337-XL.jpg

DSC01343-XL.jpg

DSC01332-XL.jpg

DSC01363-XL.jpg

oh that looks so damn good.

James do you have any info on the headweight for that FW?

Oh yeah. So I did a thing and we are going to throw the hybrid into this review mix as well. :cool:

Hybrid:

DSC01322-XL.jpg

DSC01323-XL.jpg

DSC01325-XL.jpg

DSC01328-XL.jpg

DSC01329-XL.jpg

DSC01330-XL.jpg

DSC01332-XL.jpg

DSC01321-XL.jpg

oh that looks so damn good.

James do you have any info on the headweight for that FW?
Its killer in hand. Absolutely a stunner.

Don't know head weight, but, it and the driver swing weighted out at D4 on the nose.

Care if I nitpick? The red stamping of MAX MOI, that looks a bit, sub-premium to me.

The fw are legit

I'll say this, I have in hand the current release from the biggest company in golf right now in hybrids, fairways, and drivers and these three TEE clubs stand toe to toe with those in quality of finish and aesthetic. For real.

Awesome clubs. It's fun watching this brand explode.Nothing silly, just good products. Good for Tour Edge/Exotics

I believe that hybrid is a real bomber...

as are the fairways...

from one inside session.

You just need to see if the shafts give you the consistency you seek, just like any stock shaft.

I'll say this, I have in hand the current release from the biggest company in golf right now in hybrids, fairways, and drivers and these three TEE clubs stand toe to toe with those in quality of finish and aesthetic. For real.
That's a big praise for sure. Can't wait to read your review!!

As a former CPA, and as an Attorney with disconcerting OCD and one who looks at detail on a daily basis, I concur (if that helps at all). James knows this stuff.

These are beautifully designed fairways and hybrids - always thought the EX10 hybrids won the beauty contest - and the EXS 220 Hybrid bomb more and even though larger, look almost as beautimous.

Back