Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Hit the 19 on monitor today as well as the driver, fairway will have to wait until tomorrow.

Hit some hefty ball speed numbers.

EXS 220 19.0 Hybrid
111122222333334-L.png

Just curious you have your gamer for comps?
Nope. Not big on comparing during reviews, my goal is more about what this one does on its own right.

That said, there are a couple hybo reviews on the homepage with data.

Ball speed is good here, quite good for what I expect out of a 19.0, but what stand out as significantly better than I anticipated is the spin and peak height (and thusly the descent angle). These shots are silly playable, and not just from the tee, but into greens. These would 100% hold the surface.

Thanks @Jman seems like this is a true contender with only the best of the best outmatching it's performance. And by a cost benefit ratio that in my book is not worth it!

Thanks @Jman seems like this is a true contender with only the best of the best outmatching it's performance. And by a cost benefit ratio that in my book is not worth it!

I’ve got a Mavrik here I’ll get some solid numbers on soon now that I’m healthy, but I’ve not seen anything from that speed wise that I didn’t see here today, and with more spin that will make it more playable.

6.png

This club came to mind... This is a 21* that you were bombing!

View attachment 8931046

This club came to mind... This is a 21* that you were bombing!

Better ball speed here, granted it’s 2 degrees stronger, but that in mind the 220 is launching higher and spinning more with a better descent angle too.

Not to mention is sounds/feels much better.

Awesome and sorry to thread jack! Appreciate the feedback and input. (y)

Like the high launch mention. That’s why I continue to Game the Xrails. I’ve yet to find a hybrid match it’s launch loft for loft.

Does anyone know what the swing weight is on the fairways? I see every technical spec but that on their website

EXS 220 19.0 Hybrid
111122222333334-L.png
So this hybo, is good.

Biggest thing for me after a sleep and some reflection is the spin and the descent, again, these are pretty killer numbers for me and getting a 218 average out of a 19 degree hybo is super playable.

The size to me is just right for a hybo in this loft realm, though as you increase loft it might be a bit visually hefty for some. I will add the sound/feel is killer and they absolutely nailed it here and on the fairway.

Speaking of that fairway, goal is to get some numbers on that one today!

Last edited:
@Jman - I think you meant, "I might add." It's a little too early for "ass" but you never know.

Yes, they nailed the sound/feel. Oh, gosh, I said ass and nailed. I am hopeless.

I think the EXS FWs are the play here! I love a hybrid, but their FWs are great!IMG_1811.JPGIMG_1812.JPGIMG_1813.JPG

I think the hybrids are probably better being totally honest.
I found myself super impressed by the EXS 3 Wood. The EXS hybrids were just too large for my liking. If I had to do it again. I would have chosen a 3w, 5w, CBX hybrid. But, that’s probably why I love the VKTR hybrids. Small footprint, more iron like replacements, not mini-fw distance monsters. I am surprised you like the EXS 220 hybrid so much. Thought you were a smaller hybrid guy too?!

Was pleasantly surprised by the distance I earned out of the hybrid - but need to hit them again. Would probably reshaft. I think the hybrids are very attractive, even if slightly larger than I prefer. The 19 could be the 5 wd replacement.

As to the fairway, I had a lot of confidence in the 3 wd and iin the sim, I was getting impressive distance and height. Between it and the Mavrik. I had more confidence hitting the TE.

Was pleasantly surprised by the distance I earned out of the hybrid - but need to hit them again. Would probably reshaft. I think the hybrids are very attractive, even if slightly larger than I prefer. The 19 could be the 5 wd replacement.

As to the fairway, I had a lot of confidence in the 3 wd and iin the sim, I was getting impressive distance and height. Between it and the Mavrik. I had more confidence hitting the TE.
Can you give me some numbers Desmond on the ex's vs mav?

The hybrid remains the rockstar for me when talking pure numbers on the GC2, and I plan on getting everyone some fairway wood numbers today if all works out so we can compare directly.

That said, the ease of the 3w off the deck is pretty fun so far, the rail section isn't large, but, it serves its purpose and remains to give me the results when it comes into contact with the ground that made me fall in love with the EX10 as hard as I did for so long. Initial data is going to be from tee, but I'm going to do a session from the deck as well. (y)

Can you give me some numbers Desmond on the ex's vs mav?
I will need to go back to PGATSS. I may order the 3 wd, but want to check it out again versus Mavrik. I just felt very confident hitting the TE Club. At the same time, I was just getting the swing into shape for the season - I hadn't hit for 3 weeks. Spent 2 days at the range last weekend - it's all about sequencing for me. Mav and TE felt similar - but I did not give Mav as fair a shot as the TE. I hit more balls with the TE, and then hit the Max. Need to reverse it, or hit a series of 5 balls, then change out the club.

Back