Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Putters

Umm....pass. Great write up though

this looks a lot better than many of the similar style ones out there. (from the top)

this looks a lot better than many of the similar style ones out there. (from the top)
I actually agree with this, and they made it their own subtly enough it’s familiar and not odd.

Like the shape. Love the name. Tour Edge is pretty close by so I anticipate finding these in stores soon. I will roll one when I do.

I like it. I liked the design when TM came out with the spyder and I really wanted one. I couldn't pull the trigger because of the price though. I did several days of staring at them on ebay but never bought one there for fear of getting a counterfeit.

Hope these do well. I may have to see if I can try one out at my local golf store.

Nice write up @Jman!
Love the look of the slant neck! For the center shafted version, not sure I like the single white line but wholly understand why there's not a larger white outline.... but I don't have to worry about that face balanced putters not for me.

Just a bit busy for me, the wings and tips on the back seem to clutter the eye picture not simplify it for alignment.

JMan,No disagreement on the lines being technically different. More that back then they were viewed as distracting or too heavy in those threads. I wish you had one of these in hand to take some glamor shots. You make some companies stuff look better than they do.

JMan,No disagreement on the lines being technically different. More that back then they were viewed as distracting or too heavy in those threads. I wish you had one of these in hand to take some glamor shots. You make some companies stuff look better than they do.
I will have one in hand eventually!

I wouldn't mind a CS with the heel shafted's white alignment down the middle. This isn't necessarily my cup of tea, but I think it looks better than their previous offerings.

Interesting designs and nice write-up. I don't recall ever trying a TEE putter before but I'd grab them and demo them just out of curiosity.

Great write-up, as usual. James. I do like the center shaft model better with just the thin white aligment line. Sounds like a lot of great tech and components with these putters. I am assuming the base weight with the stock weights is 350 grams? (it says 3g in the write-up)

Really pleased to see TE come out with a premium putter, the proven shape works and I think the alignment system will be very beneficial for a lot of golfers.

Should be a great option for some that rather keep their putter purchase under $200.

They’ve actually have premium putters in their Exotics line. Usually has David Glod edition in their name.

They’ve actually have premium putters in their Exotics line. Usually has David Glod edition in their name.
Mentioned in the article. ;)

That alignment aid has me sold. I WANT ONE...

Just watched the video on their website. This is a good looking putter. As previously stated I think when folks see some good pictures of this thing they will want one

Thanks guys, I believe we will be getting one in for a formal review eventually. I know I actually want to spend some time with it because it appears the effort is there.

Great write-up as usual Jman! When you get it in-hand here's a question:
In order for the whole "upper line matching the lower line" alignment thing, does your eye have to be directly over the putter & ball? I set up SeeMore style with my eyes more on line with the heel of the putter. I wonder if this setup style would defeat the purpose of the tech.

I wouldn't mind a CS with the heel shafted's white alignment down the middle. This isn't necessarily my cup of tea, but I think it looks better than their previous offerings.

I think I'm with you. Love the center shaft look, but I think I prefer the wide white stripe with the thin black in the middle.

Great looking option at a great price! Looking forward to the in hand review

Really pleased to see TE come out with a premium putter, the proven shape works and I think the alignment system will be very beneficial for a lot of golfers.

Should be a great option for some that rather keep their putter purchase under $200.

Tour Edge price points have been very solid, I like the pricing for this one. It’s just enough to not be dismissed out of hand, and not so expensive to turn the average golfer off.

Thanks guys, I believe we will be getting one in for a formal review eventually. I know I actually want to spend some time with it because it appears the effort is there.

I think I said it earlier, but they really did take a proven shape and tweak it just enough to make it their own, with some slightly different tech. I really appreciate when a company does something like that. Especially in the putter world It’s hard for a smaller company to try some crazy designs, so they kind of need to stay with what’s going to appeal to the masses, yet they can’t ”copy” a shape without everyone getting up in arms about it. TE walked a fine line here, and I think they did a great job with it.

Tour Edge price points have been very solid, I like the pricing for this one. It’s just enough to not be dismissed out of hand, and not so expensive to turn the average golfer off.

I think I said it earlier, but they really did take a proven shape and tweak it just enough to make it their own, with some slightly different tech. I really appreciate when a company does something like that. Especially in the putter world It’s hard for a smaller company to try some crazy designs, so they kind of need to stay with what’s going to appeal to the masses, yet they can’t ”copy” a shape without everyone getting up in arms about it. TE walked a fine line here, and I think they did a great job with it.
I totally agree. Shapes will always be borrowed, to me making it your own even in the slightest way is key to people not getting hit and bothered. This does that, and I honestly believe the dual level alignment setup is being skimmed over by many!

I totally agree. Shapes will always be borrowed, to me making it your own even in the slightest way is key to people not getting hit and bothered. This does that, and I honestly believe the dual level alignment setup is being skimmed over by many!
The alignment is one of the most interesting things to me. We’ve seen variations on it that were effective, I’m sure this one is solid as well. I‘m really hoping you get this one in hand, I think it could be a killer putter for a LOT of people.

The alignment is one of the most interesting things to me. We’ve seen variations on it that were effective, I’m sure this one is solid as well. I‘m really hoping you get this one in hand, I think it could be a killer putter for a LOT of people.
Yep. If someone would want to dig in the WAY back archives, haha, I reviewed a Kronos Mandala putter that has a similar double line setup, and it’s bloody brilliant for face angle and sole setup checks.

Yep. If someone would want to dig in the WAY back archives, haha, I reviewed a Kronos Mandala putter that has a similar double line setup, and it’s bloody brilliant for face angle and sole setup checks.
Cleveland did something similar with one of their lines too, I’m drawing a blank on the name, but they set a line at the mid-point of the ball height.

Back