INgolfer - Something that may be interesting to you is the John Deere Classic app for iPhone and Android that was just released. It has a section with the yardage book pictures and descriptions of each hole. I just downloaded it and it's pretty cool.

Last edited:
It's one of my favorite courses that I've played. Being in the area we lack top end courses and this place is great!

Sweet thanks a lot Hawk I'm gonna download it right now.

Enjoy the day, Hawk! Looking forward to your pictures!

Hawk I am really interested in your thoughts and any tips you can give me about the course. I am playing in the Nature Valley Amateur tournament there a month from now. If you have time on July 24th Slider and I are meeting up to play a practice round it would be so awesome for you to join us. Just let me know because I will probably try and set a tee time within the next couple of weeks. It would probably be in the afternoon because I am driving 5 hours in the morning to get there. Again, any thoughts and advice you can give me on the course would be much appreciated because I have never played there.

Would love to join if you need a fourth.

its cool with me jrod, I am looking forward to meeting some fellow THPers.

What day are you playing and do you already have a tee time?

July 24 and he doesn't at the moment that I know of.

July 24 and he doesn't at the moment that I know of.

Well count me in, I'm terrible and you will spend most of the day looking for my balls in the trees.

Well count me in, I'm terrible and you will spend most of the day looking for my balls in the trees.

We should get that dude with the ball magnet in his pocket. He was awesome.

Have a great day at Deere Run Hawk! One of the nicest courses I've ever had the privilege to play. Anxious to hear how you do. With all the rain we've received this month it should be in awesome shape.

Have a great day at Deere Run Hawk! One of the nicest courses I've ever had the privilege to play. Anxious to hear how you do. With all the rain we've received this month it should be in awesome shape.

Thanks! Its shaping up to be a beautiful weekend.

Posted via Tapatalk

Jrod I haven't set a tee time yet, I will call to set one within the next few days. Probably around 3ish when the twilight rate starts. Should I go ahead and plan on 4 players?

Hey guys I checked tee times and if we play at 4:00 or 4:30 it would only be $55/person. If each of you are cool with that I will call this weekend to make a tee time. I'll wait til I hear from each of you before I call. Just PM me or reply to the thread. Hope your round this weekend goes well Hawk!

Have fun out there Hawk. Looks like a sweet course. I am pondering playing a nice course this weekend as well

Hey guys I checked tee times and if we play at 4:00 or 4:30 it would only be $55/person. If each of you are cool with that I will call this weekend to make a tee time. I'll wait til I hear from each of you before I call. Just PM me or reply to the thread. Hope your round this weekend goes well Hawk!

That would most likely work for me, but I'll need to double check with the boss. One thing you should know is that you're risking not finishing by starting that late. Deere Run can play pretty slow and depending on cloud cover, etc, that may not give us enough time.

Have fun out there Hawk. Looks like a sweet course. I am pondering playing a nice course this weekend as well

Thanks buddy. I'm trying not to get too pumped b/c I play better when I don't care. Hope you can get out somewhere nice as well :)

I'm game, but as Hawk said don't be upset if we don't get to finish. Would hate to see you drive 5 hours and only get to play 15 holes.

Does it go to the $80 some bucks or so before twilight? I can go either way. Wouldn't mind personally playing a little earlier for my drive back to cedar rapids.

I checked tee times around 2:00 and it would be $68/person. I think that would be better because then we wouldn't feel rushed and we could just have a good time. How does that work for each of you?

I will let you know in about 90 minutes ;)

Posted via Tapatalk

Yes sir

It's on my calendar!

Back