Travis Mathew Wanderlust Shorts

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
1000056009.jpg

Grabbed a pair of the more casual/active ones the other day and they're fan-friggin-tastic. Pricey maybe, but can already tell they're my new favorites in that style and the first of a few. Love the fit. And the pockets.

And because of that I'll be ordering these -

1000056013.jpg

right now. A bunch of my shorts like this from last year are showing wear so I'm hoping these work out just as well and I can get a few.

So who else has these or is interested?? I need feedback.

Ohhhh I’m interested. The Wanderlust top is one of the best things they make. Having a shorts option is very intriguing

I like the looks of the first pair, would be perfect for the gym.

Feels like it would be a weird material if same as the jacket.

Ohhhh I’m interested. The Wanderlust top is one of the best things they make. Having a shorts option is very intriguing
So the reaction I got when I posted that I bought the E-Waist was that the inseam was "aggressive". Lol

1000056014.jpg

It's great on though. Most of their shorts last couple years felt baggy and/or long. This seems much more modern. More Lulu-ish. And like you said the Wanderlust material is great. Anyone who got intimately familiar with the MC shorts we wore last year (your all know you followed that closely) shouldn't have any worries.

1000055678.jpg

I like the looks of the first pair, would be perfect for the gym.
Yep I have that planned. Casual rounds, out and about, and gym. All in one. Literally.

Edit: Actually, I'll test run that right now.

So the reaction I got when I posted that I bought the E-Waist was that the inseam was "aggressive". Lol

View attachment 9240460

It's great on though. Most of their shorts last couple years felt baggy and/or long. This seems much more modern. More Lulu-ish. And like you said the Wanderlust material is great. Anyone who got intimately familiar with the MC shorts we wore last year (your all know you followed that closely) shouldn't have any worries.

View attachment 9240461
7 inches is the absolute sweet spot of shorts inseams! A bit pricey for me for the scenarios I would wear them, but they look pretty good.

interested in the regular Wanderlust shorts if the inseam isn’t too short.

Pricey? 😳 $89 for drawstring shorts?

Man, I need a 2nd job

do they have any other inseam options? Like Longer a bit?

I love TM clothing so I have no doubt these are comfortable.

Pricey? 😳 $89 for drawstring shorts?

Man, I need a 2nd job
This is where I am at. Too rich for my blood, no matter how great they are…
I totally get that. This is where versatility and convenience factor in for me. Creates value and takes a little of the sting out for me.

I totally get that. This is where versatility and convenience factor in for me. Creates value and takes a little of the sting out for me.
The question is….

Does the durability match the versatility?

That’s the only way it would be worth it to me.

I honestly don’t know that answer. I like them though!

The question is….

Does the durability match the versatility?

That’s the only way it would be worth it to me.

I honestly don’t know that answer. I like them though!
I'll definitely find out because I'll basically live in them. And our little lap pups really test out durability.

Splurged (for me) and bought a TM shirt last year. No way I'm spending this kind of money on TM shorts if they have the same lack of durability as their shirts. One and done for TM.

The none draw string look really good though. Find a sale (clearance haha) and I'll give it a shot.

I'll definitely find out because I'll basically live in them. And our little lap pups really test out durability.
Can’t wait for your feedback on that then!

Understand 👍🏼 they do look good

The quality on Trav shorts seem great, they are just simply too short for me.

Drawstring shorts for 80 bucks also makes me cross-eyed a bit.

Several core short lines.
(some outliers)

Stretch comfort shorts come 7-7.5” inseam

When you get to more essentials shorts, golf and performance lifestyle, inseams get a bit longer.
Wanderlust at 9”
Beck at 9.5”
Tech Chino at 8”

The quality on Trav shorts seem great, they are just simply too short for me.

Drawstring shorts for 80 bucks also makes me cross-eyed a bit.
Did you notice the new Puma PTC drawstring are 80 bucks too? And their stuff is usually on the lower end. It's just the world we're living in.

Did you notice the new Puma PTC drawstring are 80 bucks too? And their stuff is usually on the lower end. It's just the world we're living in.
yeah, I haven't bought shorts in a while, I'm surprised haha

That's awful.

I can't do 80 dollars for shorts, no matter how fancy they are.

I wouldn't say no to having a pair - but I can't justify them most of the time.

TM Pants however, those are 129? (or something) and I still have and wear those - darn comfy.

Back