ttucliffhanger’s journey to Scratch

Goals from coach for 2024 already set!

1. Get me scratch.
2. Get me to 170 BS.

We will see, but I’m giving it my damnest!

Pretty mediocre to gross round compared to what I have been shooting, BUT I’d like to talk about two shots. First par 5, roped driver bout 310 and then I have 167 to pin (180 to back). I pull 8i, and hit about as pure of a shot as I could and fly hit back edge of green and bounce off the back. 180 8i is something I’ve not seen before. Chipped up and saved par. First par 5 on the back, rope drive about 295 and left with 199 to pin. Pull 6i, and hit a pure iron to fly the pin by about 10 yards and stick it. Burned edge for eagle putt and tap in birdie. This was the longest round I’ve played in a long time. 5 hr round was brutal so I’ll lean on that somewhat. Oh well. Can’t wait to get the new pros in and see what happens. I did hit the 7i today and loved it.
IMG_8349.jpeg
FFA7DD09-99A1-4483-A018-193BEAE866E3.jpegIMG_8352.png

Had to order new golf pants for fall/winter with all the weight loss. Pretty excited about it!

WITB update as follows on 10/16/2023 for winter and next season:

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9* w/ UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple 6F5
Fwy: Callaway Paradym 3w w/ UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple 7F5
Fwy: Callaway Epic Max 5w w/ UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple 7F5
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 24 4-AW w/ UST Mamiya Recoil D.A.R.T. 105F4
Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw 54* 8C w/ UST Mamiya Recoil D.A.R.T. 105F4
Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw FT 58* 10J w/ UST Mamiya Recoil D.A.R.T. 105F4
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Ten-S w/ UST Mamiya ALL-IN
Ball: Titleist ProV1
Grips: Lamkin Sonar+ Black
Putter Grip: Garsen Quad Tour (No Taper)

Went up on my deadlift and squat weight this week. Since reevaluating my squat to get me lower to the ground on the way down, we went down to 125 and now I'm back up to 165 for full set. With deadlifts, I went back to 45 lb barbell and kicked down a bit, but up to 245 as of last night for full set. Probably not going to get to the range or get in any practice this week due to getting stuff ready/set for our build/renovation at the new house, but will be taking clubs with me to TX next week for the Navy with plans to hit the range a couple of times while I'm there to get some time with the new irons.

First round w/ 2024 Apex Pros and so glad I made the switch! You can find my thoughts in the Apex Pro Series thread. But here’s my first round. Started off great, but had been up since 3am when I played, the course had gotten over an inch of rain along with gusty winds the whole round. Considering I had never played the course, course conditions and not being at 100%, I’ll take it! Got my workout in after as well. Knee is now bothering me, so hoping it calms down because I plan to hit the range and gym after drill today. Updated HC is 5.4.
IMG_8436.png

First round w/ 2024 Apex Pros and so glad I made the switch! You can find my thoughts in the Apex Pro Series thread. But here’s my first round. Started off great, but had been up since 3am when I played, the course had gotten over an inch of rain along with gusty winds the whole round. Considering I had never played the course, course conditions and not being at 100%, I’ll take it! Got my workout in after as well. Knee is now bothering me, so hoping it calms down because I plan to hit the range and gym after drill today. Updated HC is 5.4.
View attachment 9216449
Nice round considering everything! Wish it was more convenient, so I could have joined you!

Nice round considering everything! Wish it was more convenient, so I could have joined you!
Thank you! I’ll be back down again. Maybe we can grab something to eat sometime and I can drive down to you.

Coach thinks I may have some tendinitis in my left knee based on symptoms so light weights in the gym today and no range time. All ranges are closed due to rain here now anyways. Ugh.

Pretty mediocre to gross round compared to what I have been shooting, BUT I’d like to talk about two shots. First par 5, roped driver bout 310 and then I have 167 to pin (180 to back). I pull 8i, and hit about as pure of a shot as I could and fly hit back edge of green and bounce off the back. 180 8i is something I’ve not seen before. Chipped up and saved par. First par 5 on the back, rope drive about 295 and left with 199 to pin. Pull 6i, and hit a pure iron to fly the pin by about 10 yards and stick it. Burned edge for eagle putt and tap in birdie. This was the longest round I’ve played in a long time. 5 hr round was brutal so I’ll lean on that somewhat. Oh well. Can’t wait to get the new pros in and see what happens. I did hit the 7i today and loved it.
View attachment 9213342
didja throw that iron in a blender? :p

treat them nice, they save our butts!!!

didja throw that iron in a blender? :p

treat them nice, they save our butts!!!
Sorry. Dont understand the comment. Maybe I’m just stupid lol.

Sorry. Dont understand the comment. Maybe I’m just stupid lol.

he might think the grass clippings and beads of waters are rashing/dents on the iron head.

Had a good range session after my lesson with the girl I am coaching. Got my speed workout in just before as well. Will be hitting the gym tomorrow to finish up my last 2 workouts and then back at the range doing some stick drills.

New drill by direction from my coach due to being a pull left miss. 20 swings doing new drill and boom! Straight as an arrow to very small draw. Finally settling in with the new irons too! Let’s hit the gym.
IMG_8545.jpegIMG_8548.jpeg

Had a rough week last week at work. It was super stressful and I stress ate over the weekend but I’m back in business. 2 days in the gym with 2 days left. Pre workout was getting low so ordered new flavor along with some protein bars and powder bc of the sale redcon1 is having.
IMG_8580.jpeg

Had a great range sesh tonight! Was a little interesting since I had just had my eyes dilated right before, but got my speed sesh in and then worked some drills trying to move ball start path to the right a little. It’s paying off. Now back to under under drill.

Played so fricking good today! I was striping it all day. Lipped birdie putts on 5, 8, 17 and 18. Lipped my chip for birdie on 12 as well (if pin would have been pulled it would have dropped). Best GIR and FIR on the year! Had one drive that cost me on #15, but overall a fantastic day on the course. I can tell my work is paying off. Even got the news we are closing on the loan on Tuesday for the build of the new house while on the course. Great day!
IMG_8588.png

After yesterday’s round, HC has updated to 5.0!

Happy Thanksgiving THP and all those following along. Good Stack/Speed session followed by my last workout of the week and mobility exercises. Hope you all have a blessed day!
IMG_8612.jpegIMG_8611.jpeg

After some more discussion with my coach last night, we are about to kick it up a notch with speed training. Getting more speed while being in a bulk phase for workouts is what we will be doing this winter. He is going to have me doing mostly his speed workouts and I will be adding in some stack sessions on the side.

WITB update as follows on 10/16/2023 for winter and next season:

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9* w/ UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple 6F5
Fwy: Callaway Paradym 3w w/ UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple 7F5
Fwy: Callaway Epic Max 5w w/ UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple 7F5
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 24 4-AW w/ UST Mamiya Recoil D.A.R.T. 105F4
Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw 54* 8C w/ UST Mamiya Recoil D.A.R.T. 105F4
Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw FT 58* 10J w/ UST Mamiya Recoil D.A.R.T. 105F4
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Ten-S w/ UST Mamiya ALL-IN
Ball: Titleist ProV1
Grips: Lamkin Sonar+ Black
Putter Grip: Garsen Quad Tour (No Taper)
New update to bag as of last week: Putter change to Odyssey Ai-One Eight T S!

Back