ttucliffhanger’s journey to Scratch

No range practice or playing this last weekend due to weather. New week though. Let's get these workouts, speed sessions, range time and round in this week!

Weather and holidays past 2 weeks has prevented some practice and golf. BUT, will get a range sesh in Thursday after my doc appt and then have a round scheduled for Friday at Sevierville Golf Club with some friends! Excited about playing here as I have been wanting to play here for some time.

Forgot to mention, weighed in at my lowest weight yet since starting this program with my coach last November!

Went to the doctor last Friday for blood draw to evaluate if I could stay off cholesterol meds since I’ve made so many changes in life and got the results today! I get to stay off the meds! YES!!!

Nice to knock the dust off after a few weeks. Hit the ball so well and feel like I’m gaining more speed.

Very mediocre round today. Struggled with wind and cold and SLOW play. Slow play really puts a damper when you are trying to get some forward momentum. Anyways 2 birdies on the day, 64% FIR, 33% GIR (average range) but need to improve this, and 33 putts. Had 2 bad holes, one of which I carded a snow man on a par 5, which hasn’t happened in a very long time. Guess I was trying to be festive since it’s Christmas haha. Anyways, 43/41 on a course I’ve never played. I’ll take it but expect my HC to go up a smidge after it posts. Another reason I don’t like taking 3 weeks between playing/swinging clubs. Oh well, getting the last workout in the morning, then workouts and round scheduled for end of next week. Let’s get it folks!

Found out today that I’m going to the Bag Boy Championship so messaged my coach to ask about kicking it up a notch. 😎 let’s go baby! Event prep officially started!

Found out today that I’m going to the Bag Boy Championship so messaged my coach to ask about kicking it up a notch. 😎 let’s go baby! Event prep officially started!
First workout of the week last night I went up on weight on all of my exercises.

Man I’m beat! Speed sesh (50 swings w/ Stack trainer w/ 60g non stop, 4 min rest and then another 50) and then gym sesh. Love where this is headed.

Great range sesh! Working under under stock drills and now at the gym. Bag Boy Championship prep is in full force! Let’s go! 4i mid 50* weather. We are going to be cooking come May!
IMG_8769.jpeg

Started the day at the gym with a speed sesh and final workout of the week then to the course a bit after. Let me tell you, slow play is a round killer. I was even par after 4 holes and hit a wall of people. Oh well. I will say that and despite 3 bad holes I hit the ball soooo well today! Might not look it on the scorecard but I saw some really good stuff and I’m very pleased with my ball striking overall today. WAS MID 50s till back 9 and temps dropped in the 40s. HC might go up a smidge but that’s ok. I’m going in the right direction and this winter is going to be great! Even got to have the kiddo with me today!
IMG_8794.png

IMG_8792.jpeg

New workouts this week. Legs haven’t hurt this much in a hot minute and I LOVE IT!!!

I’m not trying to gloat at all but dang I’m proud of the progress I’ve made both in my game and health and body! Shoulders coming in hot! Let’s go!!!! 😎🔥
IMG_8824.jpeg

New workouts are no fricking joke!!

Great range sesh! Seeing some great numbers and groupings. IMG_8833.jpegIMG_8832.jpeg

Well tied my PB of +1 and PB on my home course today! Hit the ball so well. Hole 10 cost me. I tried to be cute when I was blocked with an approach shot. Instead of punching out and going up and down for par, bogey at worst, I tried to sling a 6i around the tree and that didn’t work out so good lol. Oh well, this was a lot of fun. Hope I’m playing like this when I get to Bally!
IMG_8847.png

Well tied my PB of +1 and PB on my home course today! Hit the ball so well. Hole 10 cost me. I tried to be cute when I was blocked with an approach shot. Instead of punching out and going up and down for par, bogey at worst, I tried to sling a 6i around the tree and that didn’t work out so good lol. Oh well, this was a lot of fun. Hope I’m playing like this when I get to Bally!
View attachment 9231901
Awesome round! That has to be a + differential and shoot your handicap down right?

Awesome round! That has to be a + differential and shoot your handicap down right?
It should take it down. HC diff is 1.1. I’m guessing back down to a flat 5, but we will see.

Awesome progress!
Thanks. Goal for 2024 is to get scratch. I think I can do it but got a lot of work to go. But seeing good signs and going in the right direction.

It dropped an entire point. I went to a 4.4!

Back