ttucliffhanger’s journey to Scratch

Is that an all time low?!?
It is. Lowest I got last year was 6.2 and it went back up to a 10 essentially. Goal of scratch in 2024 is gonna happen.

Merry Christmas THP! Starting the day off right and got my last round of 2023 scheduled for Wednesday!
IMG_8868.jpeg

Man, merry Christmas and congrats on the results you're seeing. As well be meeting at Ballyhack and this thread popped up I went through and man, what a journey you've done and what a place you're in!

I can see scratch being achieved in less time than you think. Gives me more motivation to start the healthy journey sooner.

Wanted to chime in and say Merry Christmas! Have read through the thread over the last few days, and what a tremendous journey - you have earned all of the great results. Very motivating for me to get my journey back on track from a health and move to scratch standpoint!

Man, merry Christmas and congrats on the results you're seeing. As well be meeting at Ballyhack and this thread popped up I went through and man, what a journey you've done and what a place you're in!

I can see scratch being achieved in less time than you think. Gives me more motivation to start the healthy journey sooner.
Thank you man! I’m excited to meet you and it’s been worth every up and down. Best part is it’s not even close to being over!

Wanted to chime in and say Merry Christmas! Have read through the thread over the last few days, and what a tremendous journey - you have earned all of the great results. Very motivating for me to get my journey back on track from a health and move to scratch standpoint!
Thank you! It’s definitely been a journey and I’ve loved it all the way. Wishing you the best of luck on yours as well.

Every year GG and I get Asian food on Christmas day and it’s our tradition. This year we went for lunch to an amazing place and here are the dishes. The red bowl item was red oil wontons and they were mind blowing fantastic.

We will update the thread later as we are going to go to a second place later tonight.

View attachment 9232389View attachment 9232390View attachment 9232391View attachment 9232392View attachment 9232393
Oh man that looks amazing!!! Not sure if you meant to post it in this thread but I’d chow down on that. Haha

Last edited:
Thank you! It’s definitely been a journey and I’ve loved it all the way. Wishing you the best of luck on yours as well.
Given my In-Laws are in Loudon, way too close to not get around in together. Again, keep pushing, absolutely an inspiration! Let’s plan to get some rounds in at Tellico - more than happy to host!

Given my In-Laws are in Loudon, way too close to not get around in together. Again, keep pushing, absolutely an inspiration! Let’s plan to get some rounds in at Tellico - more than happy to host!
Absolutely! Would love to get a round in!

Rough round today. Weather was a 180 from forecast. Didn’t get out of mid 40s and ended up raining on us the entire front 9. Range closed due to all the rain we got. Was a soupy mess out there today but pushed through and found a little something on the back. Not sure what this will do to the HC but oh well. Didn’t dress warm enough either today based on what it originally said on forecast so stayed cold the entire round.
IMG_8875.png

Rough round today. Weather was a 180 from forecast. Didn’t get out of mid 40s and ended up raining on us the entire front 9. Range closed due to all the rain we got. Was a soupy mess out there today but pushed through and found a little something on the back. Not sure what this will do to the HC but oh well. Didn’t dress warm enough either today based on what it originally said on forecast so stayed cold the entire round.
View attachment 9232707
No change to HC after yesterday. Let’s get it. At the gym this morning. Gotta get all this Christmas food/junk flushed from my system. Lol

Hit the gym first thing this morning and then set up the net and mat on the back deck (not ideal as it was 38*) but needed to hit some balls. According to the PRGR I was seeing summer numbers. This has me excited because this means I’m gaining speed. Can’t wait for spring and summer!

Hit the gym first thing this morning and then set up the net and mat on the back deck (not ideal as it was 38*) but needed to hit some balls. According to the PRGR I was seeing summer numbers. This has me excited because this means I’m gaining speed. Can’t wait for spring and summer!
What are you averaging now for swing speed with driver?

What are you averaging now for swing speed with driver?
When I’m warm and cruising on course I’m around 112-113. I top out at 118 I think last I checked. I was at 103 cruising when I started with Colton, 103 cruising on the course. Goal is to get me cruising at 115-117, but I definitely want to hit 120 going after it this year. It’s definitely in the cards.

When I’m warm and cruising on course I’m around 112-113. I top out at 118 I think last I checked. I was at 103 cruising when I started with Colton, 103 cruising on the course. Goal is to get me cruising at 115-117, but I definitely want to hit 120 going after it this year. It’s definitely in the cards.
That is some awesome gains. Definitely makes it easier to go lower as well.

That is some awesome gains. Definitely makes it easier to go lower as well.
Yep. I’ve had more opportunities to hit greens in reg in the last few months than I have in the last 2-3 years probably. You talk w/ Colton yet?

Reminder set to do my Stack workout later 🔥

Reminder set to do my Stack workout later 🔥
Those numbers came from stack too haha. I haven’t done an official stack workout in a little over a week but my coach’s speed workouts have been insane. 2 a week.

First one, 15 pulls w/ light band (30 lbs) on each side, then right into 15 pulls w/ heavy band (90 lbs), rest 2 mins between supersets for a total of 3 supersets.

Second one is 50 swings (I’ve been using stack trainer and just went up 5g to 65g), 5 min break and repeat another 50 swings. These are max swings as well.

Those numbers came from stack too haha. I haven’t done an official stack workout in a little over a week but my coach’s speed workouts have been insane. 2 a week.

First one, 15 pulls w/ light band (30 lbs) on each side, then right into 15 pulls w/ heavy band (90 lbs), rest 2 mins between supersets for a total of 3 supersets.

Second one is 50 swings (I’ve been using stack trainer and just went up 5g to 65g), 5 min break and repeat another 50 swings. These are max swings as well.
Love it. You must be crushing driver these days 💪

Love it. You must be crushing driver these days 💪
The fact I’m able to carry 265-275 in cold conditions is a big testament.

While driving to the gym this morning, wife looks over at me and says, “You hit every one of your goals for 2023, so what’s your goals for 2024?” Caught me off guard bc it started to sink in that I hit every personal goal I set, even my golf goals. Time to go for 2024!

1. Be a better Christian.
2. Help my daughter secure starting catcher position for her travel ball team.
3. Get bodyweight below 170.
4. Get HC down to scratch.
5. Get to 120 mph swing speed.
6. Hit 170 ball speed off driver.

Now let’s go!!!!

Can't wait to see you crush all of these goals again.
Let's go!

Can't wait to see you crush all of these goals again.
Let's go!
Thanks for the support man! Let’s crush some goals together!

While driving to the gym this morning, wife looks over at me and says, “You hit every one of your goals for 2023, so what’s your goals for 2024?” Caught me off guard bc it started to sink in that I hit every personal goal I set, even my golf goals. Time to go for 2024!

1. Be a better Christian.
2. Help my daughter secure starting catcher position for her travel ball team.
3. Get bodyweight below 170.
4. Get HC down to scratch.
5. Get to 120 mph swing speed.
6. Hit 170 ball speed off driver.

Now let’s go!!!!
Can't wait to see you hit them in 2024 as well.

As I was driving into work this morning, I was kind of reflecting on some personal things and thought I needed to put it out there for those following along as some words of encouragement for those thinking of making a change this year.

This has not been easy, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. I have had my ups and I have had my downs. I have had my days where I have ate everything I could get my hands on, but I just held myself accountable. I logged it all. Just don't want those following along to get the impression its been all good haha. I've had my fair share of setbacks along this journey, but I keep reminding myself, it's not a race, it's a journey and I will continue to improve long term. And that also applies to my game. I've had my rounds where I've played to my HC or better and my ones, you would think I was a 20 HC, but I just keep telling myself, keep grinding.

Now, let's get it!

Back