ttucliffhanger’s journey to Scratch

Back up to 195 for full set for squat with proper form! Let’s go!

Really good gym sesh followed by some range work. New driver setup is fantastic.

Not related to my game, but was speaking to a friend of mine the other day (he knows who he is) about something that was said to me and it really got under my skin, just because I felt like I had been kind of singled out, and his words were, "Take a breath, don't let it get to you, you have too many good things going for you." That has really been on my mind and hit home last night at church. God has blessed me with a lot, this journey to get better with my game and health being a couple of the many things, so people's words aren't going to ruin my day. Just be respectful to others. It's really not that hard. Status, money, position in life or company, it DOES NOT matter. Just be kind.

Now let's get moving on being a better version of yesterday's self!
Costs absolutely nothing to be good to others, but sometimes people seem to scoff at that pricetag too. Keep pushing forward my man 👊

No golf for me this week. Rain is supposed to hit Friday when I can get to a range, but our house renovation/addition got moved forward 2 weeks (good thing), so it will be work, gym and packing Monday-Wednesday. Hitting Top Golf w/ @xThor Thursday and then dropping clubs off Friday to get lofts and lies checked/adjusted for the season while I’m at Drill again over the weekend. Busy week, but let’s go!!!

Just crushed my Navy PT test! Improved in every category.
2023: 70 pushups, 3:00 min plank, 111 calories burned on bike.
2024: 81 pushups, 3:14 min plank, 122 calories burned on bike.

Been a bit of a crazy day with house starting and diggers hitting water line right off the bat, but had a great gym sesh. Hit a PB on deadlift of 335 for full set, then 275 for 2 sets.

Started out rough today, but finished strong. No warmup, just a little stretching. Mid 20s temps w/ 20 mph gusts of wind. Very pleased how I played once I got warm/loose. Hole 6 was where I started getting on a role. So ready for Ballyhack and this summer. Saw some places on the course w/ driver that I’ve never seen in the summer. Distances were spot on with all other clubs if not longer than summer distances. Also on hole12, I had 240 to center on second shot (par 5). Pulled 3w and went 20 yards over back of green and had to chip back up. Couldn’t believe my distances I was seeing in cold weather like that.
IMG_9077.png

Last edited:
Hit a PB after resetting on squats. 225 for 3 reps. Pretty stoked about it.

What a day on the course. Was windy, very wet (standing water in fairways) and in high 40s but that was fun. FIR percentage doesn’t do driver justice. I was in first cut with a second shot every time with the exception of once. You could say twice but I pulled a slinger off with 3w. I love to do this. Averaged 270-290 according to shot scope w/ driver today. Very happy w/ the way I played. Wind got me a few times or I would have went low. 38/38 w/ 2 birdies and 30 putts. Now to hit the gym this afternoon for my final workout of the week.

IMG_9092.jpeg

And just hit a PB on deadlift of 365 for 3 reps. I’m officially over double my bodyweight for a set.! LET’S GOOOOO!!!

Great workout this morning. Navy schedule is probably going to prevent any range or course time next couple weeks, so just workouts. Gonna push for a range session though if weather will cooperate.

Supplement delivery day! #protein
IMG_9155.jpeg

Got lucky and got out of class a little early yesterday so was able to get a range sesh in. Gotta keep just swinging to get ready for the BagBoy event. Also got to spend a little time with the new 5w. UST LIN-Q M40x TSPX Blue and supplies en route to put in the 3w as well for the last bag change of 2024.

Man, been a busy couple of weeks and haven’t been on here much! Gotta get to read the Goat thread and saw a Grandaddy announcement to watch. Finally caught up at work, so should be able to dive in some. House project is so busy this week, so getting in my workouts and got a tee time for this weekend!

Hit 225 for full set on squat yesterday and Just 375 for 2 reps and then 2 sets of 4 of 305 on deadlift. New PBs!

Great workout followed by a really good range sesh! Then got my new tattoo. Things are going well at the house. It’s been a good day and feeling blessed. That’s for sure.

Played like hot garbage today. Driver and putter were the only things working. Got over an inch of rain last night, then it got cold and windy on us. Just not prime conditions but not blaming it on that. This is what happens when I don’t play a round for 3 weeks. 41/47 w/ 30 putts. Psyatic nerve also hit today and almost dropped mid swing. Haven’t had it happen in a minute but after it felt like my whole body had been beat up. Expect HC to jump a little.

Last edited:
This is from my range sesh yesterday. Reflecting on it and my round today. Not a great overall score but still saw some really good stuff that tells I’m close. Not focusing on the bad because some of it was due to weather conditions. Let’s go!

No change in HC! Excited for my round next week.

Coach just upped my caloric intake to 2400 calories/day to give me a little more freedom and to make sure I'm going into the gym fueled. Wants me to get some more gains in the gym. Increased my carb and fat intake a smidge as well, but kept protein at 186g/day. Looking forward to seeing more gains in the gym. Also hoping to start facetime meetings once a week on top of swing reviews and chat every day to help push me just a little more. Excited for this wet weather to get out of here for the summer and get to some warmer temps. I really want to see what distance gains I have obtained. I was seeing last summer distances towards end of this winter.

Struggled on the front 9 yesterday, but found something on the back. Driver, wedges and putter were on point! Handicap dropped to 4.6 after this round. Scrambled like a champ, but really need to focus on hitting more GIR.
IMG_9427.png

Yes! Just hit 245 for full set and 2 sets of 195 on squat! LFG!!!

After yesterday’s round, HC has dropped to 4.4. Played so well. Small misses with the exception of one tee shot where I had to drop but recovered and saved par. So happy with the progress!
IMG_9476.png

Not a great round today but the wind got me. Seeing 20 mph + wind either in my face and crosswind or behind w/ crosswind. Was crazy. Crumbled in a few holes but saw some really good stuff. Not worried. Getting a couple range sessions in while I’m in TX for the Navy as well. Had 2 drives today with wind behind me hit 316 and 336! Hitting the gym now and then bed. Coach has me eating meat, eggs, yogurt and protein shakes/bars while on travel.
IMG_9507.png

Well, back to a 4.8 after yesterday’s round….

Back