ttucliffhanger’s journey to Scratch

Well I’m kind of indifferent about today’s round. Was doing some ball testing and switched to the CT on hole 3 and shot even par through the 6 holes I used it. Switched to CTX and shot +11 on the back 9. 40/47 w/ 31 putts today. I also went back to using TT (either drawn on or already on the ball) and I really enjoyed it so that is going to be one of my focuses this year. Overall hit some really good shots considering the conditions (wet and cold and being up since 1:30am). Also hit a flop shot on 17 off the side of the hill and almost holed out. @donny475 was there to see it. Probably one of the best flop shots of my life. Fully expect my HC to go up, but that’s ok. Gonna keep grinding. I also think the range not being open really hurt me. I’m getting to where I just feel comfortable hitting the range about an hour before the round to get a feel for my swing. Also had the snap hooks today which has NEVER happened (my driver was set to draw with weight in heel). Moved everything back to standard and boom back to hitting it descent. Thinking my swing changes are finally starting to fully take. Oh well. I’ll get it back.

No update to HC. Stayed 4.4. Gotta get my crap together though.

Patience Calm Down GIF by Brat TV

We’re gonna get there my man 👊
I know. I just get frustrated when I can’t figure it out. I’ll chalk it up to what I mentioned. lol. Gonna hit a range nearby this evening to work on some things and get a video for the coach.

I know. I just get frustrated when I can’t figure it out. I’ll chalk it up to what I mentioned. lol. Gonna hit a range nearby this evening to work on some things and get a video for the coach.
A little mental reset and just hitting a few balls real hard might be just what the doctor ordered.

A little mental reset and just hitting a few balls real hard might be just what the doctor ordered.
Yep. Gonna throw my headphones in and just check out for awhile. The guy Donny and I were paired with yesterday told me about this facility that’s close and it stays open till 8 and has lights. Looked them up and as long as you buy a bucket of balls you can use them on the chipping green and then move to driving range and putting green. All lighted so looking forward to it.

@ryang13 , I went to the range tonight. Got a large bucket of balls (~110) and set up the Rapsodo MLM2pro and went to town until I got asked to move to the grass range by the workers so they could work on getting balls picked up on that side of the range. Got a little PO’d as the guy that asked me to move didn’t pay attention to my Rapsodo and kicked it over. Luckily no damage. I was striping the ball. Went to range and hit some 4i…striping it. Then hit about 40 w/ driver and was absolutely killing the ball and driver was set to all standard. Peak was a little high for me so I think this Paradym TD is gonna be perfect! Either way, golf is silly and I’m just going to chalk it up to being tired yesterday, because I was back in business tonight. Honestly, probably the best I’ve hit the ball in 6 months. Was seeing some killer distances! Cannot wait for summer.

@ryang13 , I went to the range tonight. Got a large bucket of balls (~110) and set up the Rapsodo MLM2pro and went to town until I got asked to move to the grass range by the workers so they could work on getting balls picked up on that side of the range. Got a little PO’d as the guy that asked me to move didn’t pay attention to my Rapsodo and kicked it over. Luckily no damage. I was striping the ball. Went to range and hit some 4i…striping it. Then hit about 40 w/ driver and was absolutely killing the ball and driver was set to all standard. Peak was a little high for me so I think this Paradym TD is gonna be perfect! Either way, golf is silly and I’m just going to chalk it up to being tired yesterday, because I was back in business tonight. Honestly, probably the best I’ve hit the ball in 6 months. Was seeing some killer distances! Cannot wait for summer.
wedding crashers comedy GIF

Attaboy 👊

Glad to see you had a good range session to get you mentally back on track.

I definitely needed it!
The second half of the season I had a huge mental block that I feel like I just cleared out. Glad to see you didn't suffer as long as I did.

The second half of the season I had a huge mental block that I feel like I just cleared out. Glad to see you didn't suffer as long as I did.
Something I’ve come to realize and been able to do descently the last 6-8 months is learning to let go and just grind. My last two rounds were rough, but it didn’t do anything to my HC and I can’t change the past. Just accept it and grind to fix it. I haven’t hit that many driver like I did tonight in a long time and crazy part was is I wasn’t even gassed. I had worked out earlier too. As I was hitting some straight up bombs I just chuckled to myself and smiled because it was just awesome and also assured me it all can’t be good.

Got an extra workout in and command PT (wallyball) while on travel for the Navy. Maintained weight wise, so now back to the grind and normal food intake. No round for me this week as rain is coming earlier in the day, but should get to the range after the gym on Friday to get some work with the TD that came in while out on travel.

Spoke with coach this evening about driver issues this last week and his exact words were, “Ya, you don’t need long clubs slammed in draw settings anymore. You are getting very neutral.” This makes me happy to say the least and enforces my reasoning for getting the TD. There’s always something positive that can be taken for a negative!

Pretty excited for my daughter. Got permission to have her on the gym floor working out with me or the wife to help her with softball and strength training. I know it’s nothing to do with my journey but what the wife and I are doing is rubbing off bc the kiddo asked to go with us.

Last edited:
Man, what a great week in the gym. Hit some PBs on Tuesday and then hit a bunch today! Now on to my last of 3 workouts today!
IMG_8948.png

Hit the gym this morning (upper body workout) for my last workout of the week, then went home and set up the net and mat w/ Rapsodo to get some swings on the TD. This thing is so good! Did that instead of playing due to rain coming in. Averaging 158 bs, 2400-2700 spin, launching about 12*. Started at 8* and was a little low launching, moved to 9* and boom. Hit 160 bs a couple times. Was averaging 111 SS, so cannot wait to get this to a real range or course where I can let loose a little. Keep in mind it’s in the high 30s when I did this and I’m tired from the gym. Ran some errands and then did some early extension drills inside in the warm.

Coach has changed my workouts starting last week. Went up in all my weights and I am sore needless to say. That being said, there hasn't been much golf, if not any due to weather. Ready for this snow to go away so I can get to a range. Not touching a club in 2 weeks is something I'm trying to avoid. Supposed to get almost 2" of rain over next 2 days, so courses might be closed as well. If that happens, and rain stops for a bit Friday, I will at least get the net and mat out to get some swings in.

Coach has changed my workouts starting last week. Went up in all my weights and I am sore needless to say. That being said, there hasn't been much golf, if not any due to weather. Ready for this snow to go away so I can get to a range. Not touching a club in 2 weeks is something I'm trying to avoid. Supposed to get almost 2" of rain over next 2 days, so courses might be closed as well. If that happens, and rain stops for a bit Friday, I will at least get the net and mat out to get some swings in.
It's a tough time of year everything is either frozen or soaking wet. It's been raining here for 2.5 days and I'm getting really twitchy. Hope you get to hit a golf ball soon.

It's a tough time of year everything is either frozen or soaking wet. It's been raining here for 2.5 days and I'm getting really twitchy. Hope you get to hit a golf ball soon.
Appreciate it. It's killing me. I got the new Paradym TD on the Rapsodo 1 time and saw really good results, and haven't been able to hit it since. I really want to get to a grass range for a real true test for me and I just want to swing a club to be honest and play. I have been doing my gym workouts and speed sessions other than 1 session that coach wants me to start, but I have to do it outside. 30 swings with driver ALL OUT as fast as I can swing the club. Doesn't matter where the ball goes. Said if I am hitting the center of the face more often during this exercise, I'm not swinging hard enough lol. I think the goal is just getting use to using all the gas in the tank to build up more speed, so my cruising speed is raised as well.

With all the snow and rain we have had courses are closed, and most ranges, but found one open this morning. Felt good to swing a club after a little over two weeks. Saw some good stuff but definitely saw some rust. Not worried though. Gonna try to focus on the range next few weeks if I can just to get in the rhythm of swinging clubs again. Pics below are my first swing w/ 3w off the deck and third swing with driver. Now, let’s hit the gym!
IMG_8993.jpegIMG_8994.jpeg

With all the snow and rain we have had courses are closed, and most ranges, but found one open this morning. Felt good to swing a club after a little over two weeks. Saw some good stuff but definitely saw some rust. Not worried though. Gonna try to focus on the range next few weeks if I can just to get in the rhythm of swinging clubs again. Pics below are my first swing w/ 3w off the deck and third swing with driver. Now, let’s hit the gym!
View attachment 9238687View attachment 9238688
Love it. I want that "rusty" driver swing speed 👊

Swing getting back in form!

Weighed in this morning at 175 (essentially gained 4 lbs in last 4 weeks) and coach is pleased because I'm not gaining fat. I am filling out. He wants me to creep up to 180 lbs, so another 5 lbs of muscle to gain and then he will move me back to a cut phase. To do this, he has upped me to 2200 calories/day along with 182 g protein/day. I can't remember what my carbs and fat are daily. I just know it's a lot of food. But here we go!

Not related to my game, but was speaking to a friend of mine the other day (he knows who he is) about something that was said to me and it really got under my skin, just because I felt like I had been kind of singled out, and his words were, "Take a breath, don't let it get to you, you have too many good things going for you." That has really been on my mind and hit home last night at church. God has blessed me with a lot, this journey to get better with my game and health being a couple of the many things, so people's words aren't going to ruin my day. Just be respectful to others. It's really not that hard. Status, money, position in life or company, it DOES NOT matter. Just be kind.

Now let's get moving on being a better version of yesterday's self!

Back