UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

knock-out of the day:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgfgLnFrvxs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgfgLnFrvxs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Submission of the day:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bpr9lPqcMDM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bpr9lPqcMDM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Here ya go RS...LOL!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4FJDhjJNbR4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4FJDhjJNbR4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

LOL! Butter Bean is a spitting image of "Grossman" from the movie "Stir Crazy" with Gene Wilder and Richard Simmons

knock-out of the day:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgfgLnFrvxs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgfgLnFrvxs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

GEEEZ!!!

submission of the day:

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bpr9lpqcmdm&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bpr9lpqcmdm&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

holy mackeral!!!

He was the NCAA champion in 2000. He definitely has solid wrestling skills. and his power is insane. His stand-up and gnp is solid as well. his main problem is going to be when he is on his back and has to defend against subs. you saw what happened with Mir. and Mir crushed Nog. Lesnar has beaten a nobody, an average fighter and a washed-up old man. His only loss was against a legit opponent. so yeah...we shall see.
I agree. Lesnar has potential, but he hasnt proven himself yet.
Concerning Kimbo...all he had was striking. Yeah if he caught a guy with a big shot he had a chance but that was it. most mma fighters are talented in multiple dimensions. they purposely put kimbo against opponents he was almost guaranteed to beat. did you see when he fought james thompson with the grotesque califlower ear? and thats why both kimbo and EliteXC are gone.
I agree. Kimbo was an animal when he was at a vertial base but get him on the ground and he acted like he didnt know what to do.
I saw that fight with him against Thompson and that was a joke. They ended that fight waaaay too early.

Kimbo acted that way because he really didnt know what to do. At least Lesnar has the wrestling (real wrestling) background but Kimbo had maybe a few months at the most of training in mma. and I was so pissed when the ref stopped that fight because Thompsons ear exploded. I have seen some ufc/pride fights where you swore the dude was bleeding to death and they let the fight continue. They knew the longer the fight went the more likely kimbo was going to lose.

anyone catch the last ppv? I thought it was a great card. one of the better ones this year. The Machida era has begun! Cant wait for ufc 101...in PHILLY!!!

china cat... another huge MMA fan here, and especially, huge Fedor fan too. Shame about Barnnett huh? Wish Fedor just signs with UFC, and demolishes Brock.

china cat... another huge MMA fan here, and especially, huge Fedor fan too. Shame about Barnnett huh? Wish Fedor just signs with UFC, and demolishes Brock.

Yeah that was a letdown for Barnett to drop out. Last I heard the top 2 replacements were Vitor Belfort and Bret Rogers....either of which would be an interesting matchup. not that it really matters tho...maybe if both of them fought Fedor at the same time it would be a challenge...lol.

Fedor joining UFC could be getting closer. If they can offer him the contract he wants it would be one. But seriously, I think Dana doesnt want to see Lesanr get destroyed after he has spent so much on trying to make him UFC's franchise player.

oh wow...just saw that tomorrows Affliction Trilogy card has been cancelled. Fedor was already extremely disappointed and upset with Barnett needing to be replaced. Now with the cancellation of this card...Affliction may be done for good. which means Fedor may be VERY close to signing with UFC...

I wonder if Dana can even offer Fedor the money he demands. It is fact though that he would challenge for the heavyweight title in his very first fight for UFC. They have already agreed to allow Fedor to compete in sambo. But Fedor wants Dana to co-promote M1-Global too. And pay him around $2 million per fight.

anyone watch ufc 101 saturday night? Silva is quite possibly unbeatable. and Fedor has officially signed with Strikeforce!

I really don't think Silva is unbeatable. I love Forrest Griffin but I don't think he is that great. I know he was the champ. But if was to fight Jackson again he would be destroyed. If Silva moves up classes and fights the likes of Jackson, Evans, or Machida in the lightweight. Or if he fights Dan Henderson again he could be in trouble. Maybe even if GSP put on some weight to fight him in the middle weight he could go down.

I really don't think Silva is unbeatable. I love Forrest Griffin but I don't think he is that great. I know he was the champ. But if was to fight Jackson again he would be destroyed. If Silva moves up classes and fights the likes of Jackson, Evans, or Machida in the lightweight. Or if he fights Dan Henderson again he could be in trouble. Maybe even if GSP put on some weight to fight him in the middle weight he could go down.

Silva is definitely beatable since he's challenging HW's and boxers in boxing. He's just ahead of himself now. Would be great to see Silva vs. Machida, but since they're friends, they won't fight ever.

so anyone still think Silva is beatable? even if he drops weight to fight GSP...damn, I don't know. That dude is just in another universe's zip code.

Re: UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

China Cat>Rider said:
so anyone still think Silva is beatable? even if he drops weight to fight GSP...damn, I don't know. That dude is just in another universe's zip code.
He is ridiculous. That man is amazing. I think Chael will push the fight but wont win. Anderson takes disrespect to the highest. I fear for Sonnen.

He's boring these days. He's a counter puncher. He just dances around and waits for his opponent to swing. Nobody wants to swing though, since they know what's coming.

Re: UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

hawk308 said:
He's boring these days. He's a counter puncher. He just dances around and waits for his opponent to swing. Nobody wants to swing though, since they know what's coming.
I feel like he has always been that way. People didnt respect him and now they do because he kept knockin people out lol. But yeah he hasnt really wow'd the crowd. But whos gonnna make him? Guy is deadly accurate. 1 yr ago I woulda bought the last ppv but youre right he just does more dancing now. I think he will go after Chael. We shall see though

dude...seriously? with the exception of the Thales Leites fight I would say he is anything but boring. Silva is 14-1 in his last 15 fights with only 2 of them going to decision. did you not see him destroy Griffin? Did you not see the first few rounds against Maia?

Bottom line Silva is BORED. He has zero competition. He wants to get into pro boxing but Dana has the stupid rule that a fighter cannot compete in anything else while contracted with ufc. thats the main reason Fedor won't sign.

I'm not a fan of Silva's. I don't care for his arrogance and the taunting of opponents has no place in mma. But unless he moves up to light-hw...I don't see anyone coming close to beating him.

It is unfortunate that Silva does not have anyone who can push him as he has been the best and most exciting fighter in the UFC for a while. He crushed Forest Griffen and has not had an opponent give him a fight in a long time. The fact he moved up in weight class to get more competition for a while shows how bored he had been. Right now I am looking forward to the Uriah Faber/Jose Aldo fight. I have not seen him fight since he lost back to back to Mike Brown. I have been a MMA fan since Pride back a few years. WEC, UFC and Strike Force has shown how the fight game has grown for MMA.

well Aldo/Faber went the way I expected. I don't get WEC though. I would like to know how many people actually ordered the ppv. They just don't have enough recognition like the ufc to be successful in the ppv market it would seem. At this rate there will be no free mma to watch which will ultimately hurt the sport IMO. After the mess that was the last strikeforce event I am curious to see what happens there. It looked like what it was...a very unprofessional, unpolished organization. but the truth is they gave fans 3 title fights for free. unfortunately they were all rather boring fights.

Pride was the best thing ever. I'm still pissed they killed it.

dude...seriously? with the exception of the Thales Leites fight I would say he is anything but boring. Silva is 14-1 in his last 15 fights with only 2 of them going to decision. did you not see him destroy Griffin? Did you not see the first few rounds against Maia?

Bottom line Silva is BORED. He has zero competition. He wants to get into pro boxing but Dana has the stupid rule that a fighter cannot compete in anything else while contracted with ufc. thats the main reason Fedor won't sign.

I'm not a fan of Silva's. I don't care for his arrogance and the taunting of opponents has no place in mma. But unless he moves up to light-hw...I don't see anyone coming close to beating him.

Sorry for the delay in response China. It's tough to find time to do any THP'ing on the weekend.

I agree that Silva can be a dynamic and exciting fighter. His record definitely speaks for itself. However, 3 of his last 4 fights left much to be desired. He has actually apologized for a couple of these performances.The Cote fight shows as a TKO, but it was actually a stoppage due to a knee injury.

I would rather watch GSP grind out a five round decision by completely dominating someone on the ground than watch Silva slip in a few strikes here and there. That's a personal preference, so I should have predicated my previous post with an "In my opinion,". GSP doesn't stop the entire fight and that is why I would rather watch him.

I do agree that he is bored at 185. I think he should challenge himself. There are fighters at 205 that could make a great matchup with him. I think a fighter that isn't scared to take some shots could do well against him. How about Rampage? He destroyed another counter puncher in Chuck Liddell (who is not at the level of Silva, obviously). I'm not saying that Rampage would most definitely win, but I think he would at least take the fight to Anderson. I honestly think GSP would have a decent shot at him too. His athletic ability, strength, and wrestling could put him in a position to win.

Bottom line is I will probably not pay to watch another event with him headlining. Especially after his last performace. He acted like a clown and that behavior doesn't have any place in sports.

Last edited:
well no worries...Dana said "don't be surprised to see Silva's next title defense on the undercard"...lol. that would be kind of awesome. I'm not sure why he won't move up in weight. He has obviously beat any and all competition in mw. If he moved up to lhw we could see him against Rampage, Evans, Machida, Shogun...and Silva/Couture would be fun to see. After destroying Forrest he was supposed to drop the middleweight belt and move to lhw but not sure why that never happened. Maybe he is concerned his dominance will disappear.

I was wondering the same thing. I can't see him being scared to fight in a heavier class. What he loses in size he should gain in speed and accuracy. The 185 class seems really stagnant right now.

I didn't get to watch the Aldo/Faber fight as it was on PPV, but I read and heard about it, wow, Faber def. doesn't give up without a fight. I heard he was pretty beat up. I still like him though :)

Back