UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

exactly! kos has fought just about everybody. he's not had it very easy getting to the top. no cupcake fights for him. it's really a mute point, neither can come close to GSP

winner gets the next title shot at GSP. I'm not a big fan of either but I feel Kos would be a better matchup with GSP...at least for potential for an exciting fight.

winner gets the next title shot at GSP. I'm not a big fan of either but I feel Kos would be a better matchup with GSP...at least for potential for an exciting fight.

i would agree. GSP will run through either of them. it's getting quite boring really. why isn't GSP striking like he use to?

i would agree. GSP will run through either of them. it's getting quite boring really. why isn't GSP striking like he use to?

same reason Ando is dancing around the ring...

Just found this...kinda bad-ass

Awesome gif.....

from mmafightline.com..

"During the organization-less Aldo Vs. Faber broadcast, Kimbo told Joe Rogan that it required a lot of "commitmentship" to make the transformation from backyard-brawler to MMA fighter"

I'm not the grammar police nor do I think anything of anyone that has bad grammar sometimes (myself included) but I did have a good laugh with this.

yeah I saw that...too funny. I wouldn't exactly call Kimbo a scholar of the english language but that was a good one.

Yeah.. and he said he was gonna grind his opponents meat... Reminds me of when Tyson said he was going to fade into bolivian.

nothing will ever beat Iron Mike's comments on lennox lewis though..."My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children." LOL...

Lol... That is an awesome one. He was out there but man could that guy throw some punches.
nothing will ever beat Iron Mike's comments on lennox lewis though..."My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children." LOL...

yeah...its a damn shame he got all jacked up. he could have been the greatest ever. hard to believe how quickly he fell from the top.

speaking of the greatest...who do you guys feel is the p4p best in mma right now?
I think Fedor usually gets the top vote. But his last few wins were over less than stellar opponents and he had been in trouble (for him) against Arlovski and Rogers. Silva and GSP are both strong picks because of their dominance. I guess Silva would have to get the nod because he is not only seemingly unbeatable at the moment but he is downright embarrassing the "top" contenders like they are amateurs. I think their styles are alot different though. Fedor comes forward no matter what...always looking for the big finish whether its removing a head or tearing an arm off. Silva & GSP are more interested in staying away from danger and get the decision. So I still say Fedor is numero uno.

Would the people with the higher percentages be considered almost sure things for these fights? These are three of the picks in the ESPN Streak Game tonight. Which is the best best? The worst bet? (Assuming you are picking the fighter who is favored)

I don't follow this AT ALL!

UFC 113 (Montreal): Who will WIN this fight?10:10 PM PPV
Kimbo Slice (BAH) -- 83.5%
Matt Mitrione (USA) -- 16.5%

UFC 113 (Montreal): Who will WIN this fight?11:05 PM PPV
Alan Belcher (USA) -- 15.9%
Patrick Cote (CAN) -- 84.1%

UFC 113 (Montreal): Who will WIN this fight?11:50 PM PPV
Lyoto Machida (BRA) -- 95.8%
Mauricio Rua (BRA) -- 4.2%

The percentages are way off. Most of those numbers look more like a popularity vote to me Smalls.

Edit. If I was picking, I would probably pick the bottom two the same. Not so sure on the Kimbo fight.

The percentages are way off. Most of those numbers look more like a popularity vote to me Smalls.

Those are the percentages that are taking each fighter in the challenge, I think. Any suggestions?

Man! I would but I'd hate to be the man to lose you money. I think Kimbo will lose. But in MMA anything can happen. I want Machida to win. If Rua comes out swinging I expect Machida to pick him apart. But he is more a counter guy. Rua is agressive and has big time power. Never really seen Machida hit and beat up. He was taking hits in the last fight though. Cote is a huge gamble. Long layoff and is bound to show some rust. Major injury he had and Im not sure this is the best fight for him to return too. Had he not been injured I would pick him without hesitation. Sorry cant be more help but MMA is tough to bet on. And I just saw this post lol.

Starts now!!!!!!

So far the trends on the ESPN game were both wrong. 0-fer-2 so far! I didn't pick any of these, I went with the hockey game instead.

So far the trends on the ESPN game were both wrong. 0-fer-2 so far! I didn't pick any of these, I went with the hockey game instead.

Haha... Yeah good choice... There was a punch after a fight... Slice got tired. Cote was sluggish. This next fight should be interesting.

Sad Machida lost. Seems like a genuinely nice guy. Trading with Shogun and leaning in is never good. Hopefully he will be back. Love SHogun though. Dude is a monster. He woulda knocked anyone out tonight. I like his style!

Haha... Yeah good choice... There was a punch after a fight... Slice got tired. Cote was sluggish. This next fight should be interesting.

All three of those favored in the lost. So it was a good choice since the Sharks won! (Not that I know anything about hockey either!)

Sad Machida lost. Seems like a genuinely nice guy. Trading with Shogun and leaning in is never good. Hopefully he will be back. Love SHogun though. Dude is a monster. He woulda knocked anyone out tonight. I like his style!

I have liked Shogun since his early Pride days. He should have won the last fight. He definitely was not going to let this one go to the judges. Loved seeing Kimbo go down like the amateur he is. He was cut today from ufc...so guess its back to the parking lots & youtube for him. Belcher surprised me. big win for him. Kos won as expected but what the hell was that crap at the end?? Daley is gonna get a big time out from dana for that one...

Semtex reportedly got dropped today too. Dana said no matter what he will never fight in ufc again.

I'm a big BJ Penn fan. I also have a lot of respect for Nate Diaz. That guy gets beat up almost every fight but always seems to pull it off with a triangle choke.

Semtex reportedly got dropped today too. Dana said no matter what he will never fight in ufc again.

that's not surprising after his antics, what a tool.

honestly, i'm kind of over the ufc right now. i want super match ups and they aren't going to happen.

I'm a big BJ Penn fan. I also have a lot of respect for Nate Diaz. That guy gets beat up almost every fight but always seems to pull it off with a triangle choke.

i also like BJ, hated seeing him lose to edgar, that sucked. can't stand nate diaz, wish someone would bust him up.

I am one of the few non-penn fans. I was ok with him until his last fight with gsp. Penn talked so much sh!t and then when he got completely dominated he tried making lame excuses. At least he admitted he was beat by edgar. In the past 5 years he is 6-5 and has lost to all of the elite fighters he has faced. Flame me but I think he is overrated.

that's not surprising after his antics, what a tool.

honestly, i'm kind of over the ufc right now. i want super match ups and they aren't going to happen.
Over ufc? lol...there are some great match-ups coming up in the next few months. Rampage-Rashad, Liddell-Franklin, Lesnar-Carwin. Overeem could be on his way to the ufc soon. Ubereem vs Brock would be HUGE. We will never see Lesnar-Fedor. Highly doubtful we will ever see GSP-Silva. Pride is never coming back. So this is the best we have. It sure beats watching boxing or wwe!

Back