UK Summer Cup 2018

Hopefully my team of Celtic/Scandinavian/EU Hoard are feeling invigorated by the impending golfing season. Encouraged to play well and improve their golf.

And the other team is just quaking in their golfing loafers and choking on their Pimms ha ha
Not played much over the winter, looking forward to the new season with some new toys to play with.

Hi Grins
Standard stableford points score and my handicap for that round.

Our Club Winter League uses the following format
Only ten best rounds from each league day counts, league plays every sunday morning during winter
Hcp reduction for 37 & 38 pts
Two strokes for 39 & 40
Then three for anything higher
Hcp increase for having three consecutive rounds in the 20's or worse
Reduces hcp to 3/4 when moving to the shortened course and then back up 4/3 when course is lengthened

My last seven rounds and three best others have me on a grand total of 350pts.
My lowest counting score is currently 31pts, so i'm hoping to improve on that this Sunday, 40pts or bust :bananadance:

Thanks! Good luck Sunday.

Hopefully my team of Celtic/Scandinavian/EU Hoard are feeling invigorated by the impending golfing season. Encouraged to play well and improve their golf.

And the other team is just quaking in their golfing loafers and choking on their Pimms ha ha
Currently sat in a cafe in Spain just chilling

Don't need no practice :D

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Not played much over the winter, looking forward to the new season with some new toys to play with.

i hope you get a great trade in on your old clubs, considering how often you change them

Still early days but planning for the long drive and nearest the pin prizes are on the go

Currently in dialogue with a company about an idea

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

i hope you get a great trade in on your old clubs, considering how often you change them

only reason i changed was double trade in and got decent value for my pings

Excellent, key thing is you feel like you got a good deal

40pts for me today, first cut of the season down to 9.4 :0)

Hi All, I hope everyone’s season is going well so far
I’m down to 8.9 already ��

Is there any update on the format? Attendees etc?

Second post in the thread will be updated with some more details re payment

Teams and formats will be added soon as well now that things are getting back to a bit of normality

Hi All, I hope everyone’s season is going well so far
I’m down to 8.9 already ��

Is there any update on the format? Attendees etc?

Apologies for the lack of activity in here lately, but I don't know if you heard that I lost my dad a couple days before Easter, so things have been a bit up in the air this last month

Due to that and the weather, the only competitive round I have played up to now was last Sunday in the first round of the league where I managed a score of 32 points on a course I had never played before - on another day it could have been nearer 36-37 points as there were 3 holes where I didn't score, but this early in the season and a new course I am not too disappointed

Next round is this weekend at another course I have never played so just going to go out and see what happens

Looking at flights and such. I assume we're booked to stay one night? (14.-15.)

Looking at flights and such. I assume we're booked to stay one night? (14.-15.)

That is correct, we are booked in to the hotel for the evening of the 14th

Ok folks, just a couple of things to add

Can I ask for the final payment to be made by the 27th May as I need to pay the outstanding balance the following week - I will update the beginning of the thread with exact amounts that you all owe

Secondly, can you all welcome along another new member to the weekend of madness - casuk79 AKA Kris

Teams and formats will all be sorted this weekend and I will update the posts at the beginning of the thread accordingly

Ok folks, 3rd post updated with a possible format for the team side of things this year

Only outstanding payments now are from Sam, Ian , Simon and Kris

The three teams idea sounds good to me

Ok folks, 3rd post updated with a possible format for the team side of things this year

In principle it works for me. Just need to make sure there is a fair spread of handicaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only outstanding payments now are from Sam, Simon and Kris

I look forward to reading the handout explaining the format and rules :D
Updated the above quote and removed my name as the outstanding is on its way through the internet ether.

I'm not talking about my golf today, driver swing isn't behaving at the moment ha ha

I think I may have shot my best ever round of golf last night......went out after work as Jen was at the club all day for the ladies member-guest invitation day so I decided to head up and play as well

Wasn't planning to play 18, but after going with back-to-back birdies on the 6th and 7th followed by a double bogey on the 8th I decided to cross the road to the 9th and see how many holes I could get in - ended up playing a full round as it was quiet and still very warm

So from the 6th to the 8th I was level par, from the 9th to the 18th I had 1 birdie and 1 bogey with pars on the rest of them, and then thinking back to the start of the round I started with 3 bogeys followed by 2 pars

So if my memory is correct, I shot a +3 round of 75.......just now need to do that with a card in my hand

I look forward to reading the handout explaining the format and rules :D
Updated the above quote and removed my name as the outstanding is on its way through the internet ether.

I'm not talking about my golf today, driver swing isn't behaving at the moment ha ha

I can confirm I have received payment, thanks

I'll cover mine in full on Tuesday I'll send you a pm before hand

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Handicap has gone down from 13.8 to 13.2

Well the time is fast approaching and I have managed to get back up to 9.5 in time for this event ha ha
Fingers crossed I can put in a good round before.

Any updates I need to know?

Well the time is fast approaching and I have managed to get back up to 9.5 in time for this event ha ha
Fingers crossed I can put in a good round before.

Any updates I need to know?

Surely you mean one more bad round

Messaged you about NB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely you mean one more bad round
Messaged you about NB.

A couple more poor rounds would have cemented the 10 handicap but unfortunately I went out today and had my best ever round 75 (+4) cut 1.4 down to my lowest ever 8.1

Back