UK Summer Cup 2018

We were hoping to get out yesterday for 9 holes, but due to the rain that came down on Saturday night on top of the already wet course, it was closed

Will be heading to the range tomorrow evening, and then hoping the weather might be a bit better to allow us to get out this weekend

Thanks and likewise! :)
All confirmed with a single room for you Carsten

I will send you a PM later with the details you need for payment when I get sorted

Look forward to seeing you there in July

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Always look forward to following along with you all when these happen, I know we are still a few months out but when the time comes take lots of PICS!

All confirmed with a single room for you Carsten

I will send you a PM later with the details you need for payment when I get sorted

Look forward to seeing you there in July

Perfect. :)

Always look forward to following along with you all when these happen, I know we are still a few months out but when the time comes take lots of PICS!

I will get my personal assistant (AKA Jen) to follow us round the course to take plenty pics for you Mike, and then blame you when she asks why she has to do it :D

Check your PM for payment details

Should be sorted out, fingers crossed. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Beware though, I'm a month into my winter training camp down here in southern Spain now, with two more to go!

No really, I'm a handicap helper down here, but I get to get in two rounds a week. :)

mdJaJ7

Subscribed to the thread! I'm gonna enjoy following along & dreaming about going to play over there myself someday! Have fun!

Well sorry to say the golf continues, 37pts today with 5 birdies
Winter League Hcp cut to 6

34, 36, 35, 37 & 37

Last edited:
Nice! Beginning to wonder if I’m the only true hacker in attendance. :golf2:

Don’t you worry Carsten, i’ve peaked too early.
I’ll be in full on hacker mode by July

Sorry to continue to bore you but my scoring run continues in my preparation for this event. Yes my training has already started ��

34(8), 36(8), 35(8), 37(8), 37(7) & 34(6)

Putting started off poorly, pulled or pushed three on the front nine when within 10ft
Then sorted that out on the back 9
Lipped out my birdie putt on the 14th and left a birdie putt in the jaws of the 18th

Had a pretty good knock today. Winter tees and 5 winter greens so the course was playing shorter, but for the 16 holes we played I managed to shoot -3 gross

Lessons and practice over the winter appear to be paying off

Had a pretty good knock today. Winter tees and 5 winter greens so the course was playing shorter, but for the 16 holes we played I managed to shoot -3 gross

Seems good for the main comp and a new putter-fine! The big question is that will help on closest to the pin or longest drive?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Seems good for the main comp and a new putter-fine! The big question is that will help on closest to the pin or longest drive?

I guess we will find out as the weather warms up and my new swing beds in a bit more :D

Got a bit of golf to play between now and then with matches and golf days

I guess we will find out as the weather warms up and my new swing beds in a bit more :D

Got a bit of golf to play between now and then with matches and golf days
I've heard the temp shall be around 20 degrees and sunny on Thursday next week. I have planned 7,5 rounds of golf in 6 days! I'll catch up with you!

I've heard the temp shall be around 20 degrees and sunny on Thursday next week. I have planned 7,5 rounds of golf in 6 days! I'll catch up with you!

I probably won't be back out on the course now until the weekend of 24/25th March at the earliest, and it has been snowing today with more forecast over the next couple of days as well

Will have to see what my instructor has got in his new premises and possibly spend a bit of time there on the simulator if I get some time (and other circumstances don't prevent me)

Hopefully the weather will warm up towards the end of March so I can get some rounds in before the first match on the 22nd April

No golf this weekend due to the snow :bulgy-eyes:

attachment.php

Last edited:
No golf due to snow and pulled intercostal muscle in my chest :(

I fully expect you to show up to the event with a single figure hcp you bandit ha ha

I fully expect you to show up to the event with a single figure hcp you bandit ha ha
If I can keep up that form then there is a chance as got a number of league matches before then

Been striking the ball well at the range and lessons so my aim is for a single figure handicap this year

Hooray, still some snow in bunkers and north facing slopes but i got out to play this morning.

Really happy with my round, the course was back to normal length and no longer required to use a mat, I continued my run of form with 36 stableford points

My last seven rounds : 34(8hcp), 36(8), 35(8), 37(8), 37(7), 34(6) & 36(8)

For me this is unbelievably consistent form considering course and weather conditions. Last year during the golf season I think i only managed to play to my handicap or better on 4 occasions, hence the 2pt handicap increase up from 8.5.

Last edited:
Hooray, still some snow in bunkers and north facing slopes but i got out to play this morning.

Really happy with my round, course back to normal length and no longer using a mat and continue my run of form with 36pts

My last seven rounds : 34(8), 36(8), 35(8), 37(8), 37(7), 34(6) & 36(8)

Is this modified Stableford scoring? What's the number in the parentheses mean?

Is this modified Stableford scoring? What's the number in the parentheses mean?

Hi Grins
Standard stableford points score and my handicap for that round.

Our Club Winter League uses the following format
Only ten best rounds from each league day counts, league plays every sunday morning during winter
Hcp reduction for 37 & 38 pts
Two strokes for 39 & 40
Then three for anything higher
Hcp increase for having three consecutive rounds in the 20's or worse
Reduces hcp to 3/4 when moving to the shortened course and then back up 4/3 when course is lengthened

My last seven rounds and three best others have me on a grand total of 350pts.
My lowest counting score is currently 31pts, so i'm hoping to improve on that this Sunday, 40pts or bust :bananadance:

Last edited:
Hopefully my team of Celtic/Scandinavian/EU Hoard are feeling invigorated by the impending golfing season. Encouraged to play well and improve their golf.

And the other team is just quaking in their golfing loafers and choking on their Pimms ha ha

Back