UK Summer Cup 2018

Ok, less than 2 weeks to go so I hope everyone is looking forward to some good company and (hopefully) good golf

Personally, my golf has been a bit up and down over the last week or so, with a personal best round of 75(+3) in a friendly knock off the yellow tees followed by a shocking, for me, 31 points in the league match on Saturday - started well with 20 points on the front 9 but I think the heat and all the golf I played last week (Sun, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat) caught up with me and I struggled from the 11th onwards really

I have no more comps between now and Dalmahoy, so my handicap will be 13 for the event - currently it stands at 12.6 but I expect 0.1 back after the league match on Saturday

My plan for the weekend is to hopefully arrive somewhere between 11.00-11.30 and get some cards and have them marked out ready, so all that will be needed is the handicaps adding to them

Having never been there before, I am assuming there will be a bar somewhere near the pro-shop where we can all gather prior to heading out for the afternoon round starting at 13.30

All that remains is to say see you all in 10 days time and have a safe journey

Ok, less than 2 weeks to go so I hope everyone is looking forward to some good company and (hopefully) good golf

Personally, my golf has been a bit up and down over the last week or so, with a personal best round of 75(+3) in a friendly knock off the yellow tees followed by a shocking, for me, 31 points in the league match on Saturday - started well with 20 points on the front 9 but I think the heat and all the golf I played last week (Sun, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat) caught up with me and I struggled from the 11th onwards really

I have no more comps between now and Dalmahoy, so my handicap will be 13 for the event - currently it stands at 12.6 but I expect 0.1 back after the league match on Saturday

My plan for the weekend is to hopefully arrive somewhere between 11.00-11.30 and get some cards and have them marked out ready, so all that will be needed is the handicaps adding to them

Having never been there before, I am assuming there will be a bar somewhere near the pro-shop where we can all gather prior to heading out for the afternoon round starting at 13.30

Yes looking forward to it, iv been getting plenty of practice in and its a bit up and down too but slowly dropping my scores (currently at 18) so be patient with me

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

1.3 Hcp it is for you!

I was down on 9.8 for a while but now back at 10.0.. But that's EGA so converting that to CONGU it should be 18.0!

I will be arriving Edinburgh on Tuesday evening already.. So I can guarantee that my clubs work as intended!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sounds good doc.

Damo/Si and Sam are staying at mine after playing north Berwick on the Friday so I suspect we will head across for between 11/12 as well.

Do you know what time we can check into hotel rooms and drop our bags off?

Also, are we going for the 2 or 3 team format?

Really looking forward to it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If previous years are anything to go by, I don't think we will be able to check in before we tee off, but there is no harm in asking as sometimes there have been a couple of rooms ready even though the check-in time is 3pm

As for the teams, if people are happy with the 3 teams below we could go with that for a change

South of the border

Glenn
Damien
Sam
Andrew
Simon

North of the border

Chas
Colin
Ian
Kris
Stuart

Overseas

Lina
Anne-Sofie
Linus
Tom
Carsten

Or if we went for 2 teams, it could be something like

North

Chas
Colin
Ian
Kris
Anne-Sofie
Linus
Tom
Carsten

South

Glenn
Damien
Sam
Andrew
Simon
Stuart
Lina

I am happy with either option, or mix up the 2 team option slightly with the overseas members - might be a bit clearer once we get everyone there and have all of the handicaps

1.3 Hcp it is for you!
I was down on 9.8 for a while but now back at 10.0.. But that's EGA so converting that to CONGU it should be 18.0!
I will be arriving Edinburgh on Tuesday evening already.. So I can guarantee that my clubs work as intended!

Linus, if you have the time, a hire car and are looking for an excuse to use the Queensferry Crossing and fancy a round of golf Wed/Thurs night in Dundee, get in touch

I've never been there myself but apparently there is a clubhouse with the James Braid Bar & Brasserie above it.

I think I've bored you all enough so far this season with my golf. I've already exceeded my target for the season. But I still have rounds on Sat/Sun to get down to 7 for the first time.

the longest period of sunshine in Scotland that i can remember appears to be continuing on to that weekend so its all good

Wednesday might be a good round! But I will not have car.. But the train takes just an hour! :) might be doable!
Linus, if you have the time, a hire car and are looking for an excuse to use the Queensferry Crossing and fancy a round of golf Wed/Thurs night in Dundee, get in touch

Looking forward to it, I will be bringing our newest participant Cas with me. Will be there around lunch time. I am still the same handicap as last year I think which is 23.

looks like Linus is coming to play at my course on the Wed 11th, two spaces if anyone else is available?

it'll be mid afternoon round, actual time still to be confirmed, somewhere between 13:00 - 16:00

Ok, I have had a message from Carsten to say that he is not going to be able to make the trip next weekend - I am not going into the details that were in the PM but all I will say is that it is a shame that he can't make it and that we don't get to meet another new member. Hopefully we will see him at a future event

What this does now mean is that we are back to 14 golfers, so the teams will be an even 7v7

North

Chas
Colin
Ian
Kris
Anne-Sofie
Linus
Tom

South

Glenn
Damien
Sam
Andrew
Simon
Stuart
Lina

Sooooo, less than a week to go, is everyone ready for the 1st tee nerves with the galleries watching and the cameras ready for the first shots of the day?

I spent some time over the weekend making sure I have things ready

1st / 2nd / 3rd prizes - check
Longest drive (x2) - check
Nearest the pin (x2) - check
Winners trophy - might just leave that at home to save bringing it back with me :D

Fingers crossed the weather will be as nice as it has been lately, although we have had a light drizzle of rain this morning, so make sure you all have plenty of water to drink

For those of you playing golf all this week, try not to wear yourselves out but feel free to use up all of your good shots before the weekend :alien:

Sooooo, less than a week to go, is everyone ready for the 1st tee nerves with the galleries watching and the cameras ready for the first shots of the day?

Winners trophy - might just leave that at home to save bringing it back with me :D

Fingers crossed the weather will be as nice as it has been lately, although we have had a light drizzle of rain this morning, so make sure you all have plenty of water to drink

For those of you playing golf all this week, try not to wear yourselves out but feel free to use up all of your good shots before the weekend :alien:

Sounds good doc and looking forward to it.

Your mention of the trophy reminds me I haven’t got the team trophy engraved. Will try and get it done this this week. Otherwise we will just have to win it again and i can get it engraved in the coming year

Will also pick up some buckfast for the drink fines on Saturday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just 24 hours before I'm sitting at the airport, can't wait!

Safe travels everyone. Looking forward to following along!

Have a safe trip :thumb:
Thank you.. And especially for getting me four trophies.. If it's too much in the car you could have just got one for me for longest and closest all together!

After some sightseeing on arrival day. It is now time to travel to Dundee for a first golf round with Will_I_Dream on his homecourse next to Carnoustie. Will be nice to get some swings in so I can compete with the scratch golfer known as "the doctor"!
e9718f702865a3d229e5fe4e87166c13.jpg
e365ae1759d3ff0ed600ee7a2b9a4746.jpg

Enjoy the round today

I wouldn't say I am a scratch golfer, but my handicap is down to 12 now after being cut another 0.3

Planning to get out for 9 holes on Friday after work with Andrew and will need to spend some time on the putting green as my instructor has got it to make some adjustments to after my lesson last night (increase the length and add more weight to the grip)

Well, in less than 24 hours we will all be well into our first round, so hopefully everyone will be enjoying it and the weather will be warm but not too hot

I am still hoping to be there between 11.00 - 11.30am so that I can call at the Pro Shop and sort the cards etc for everyone

The only thing I am going to ask for is that you enjoy yourselves over the weekend

Safe travels and see you all tomorrow :D

Can't talk.. Playing golf..
ba250cde0a59dbcad9bd7524c0182ab3.jpg
ffa0f42ad6e95317dca6a4cda1907415.jpg

Did Sam deliberately stay hidden behind someone else so that we couldn't see how badly he dressed? :alien:

Car is loaded, juat waiting for Anne and Andrew to get here and then the journey will begin

Plan is to stop at Jedburgh for some breakfast and then head to Dalmahoy

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Have fun today!!

Back