UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

August works great for me, any weekend but the 27/28th. If you guys want to come to the central coast again, I'm happy to get things set up.

There are plenty of VRBOs throughout the area that would fit a large crew.

How about August 13 and 14. A house rental would be nice. Pismo is not a cheap place in the summer. I would even consider taking a Friday off and coming over Thursday night or Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am liking the idea of La Purisma on Saturday and Monarch on Sunday. We could car pool to Lompoc.

Avila Beach looks nice. Ideally I'd like to play new courses but the ones we played last year were fun too. What other nice courses are in that area?

Avila Beach looks nice. Ideally I'd like to play new courses but the ones we played last year were fun too. What other nice courses are in that area?

Avila Beach looks nice, but it sucks! Haha, truly I can't stand that course and they charge you like its some sort of resort beauty.

Much rather play Monarch again or Cypress Ridge. Heck, even the munis Dairy Creek, Chalk Mountain and especially Morro Bay are more fun than Avila.

I think La Purisima is a great and difficult option. I think it, Hunter Ranch, Monarch Dunes and Cypress Ridge are a notch above the rest in the area.

Avila Beach looks nice, but it sucks! Haha, truly I can't stand that course and they charge you like its some sort of resort beauty.

Much rather play Monarch again or Cypress Ridge. Heck, even the munis Dairy Creek, Chalk Mountain and especially Morro Bay are more fun than Avila.

You are the expert in that region so I trust your judgement haha.

Also, if someone has a line on a house (a good place to look/book) and we have enough interest I would book it.

That is putting the horse a bit ahead of the carriage as we still need to agree on a weekend and location, but just throwing it out there.

Also, if someone has a line on a house (a good place to look/book) and we have enough interest I would book it.

That is putting the horse a bit ahead of the carriage as we still need to agree on a weekend and location, but just throwing it out there.

It is a good idea, should cut down on the cost.

Vote casted for August 13/14!

Vote casted for August 13/14!

We have 6 for the 13/14, wonder how many of those are for Nor Cal and how many are So Cal :alien:? In all honesty I hope we have great turnout for both sides and we get a fun competitive weekend (where the Nor Cal takes the crown).

I agree with everything Heez states below. Although La Purisima is not as hard as it use to be, I can now break 90 there every once in a while :banana:.

Monarch and Cypress are very similar except one is more links and the other is more traditional. Hunter and La P are also on the same level. Hunter is a little nicer facilities wise, La P is a better overall layout. I know Sandpiper was also brought up and the views are amazing there. I don't think any of these places would disappoint. Pick any 2 of these and I think we'd have a great time.

I think La Purisima is a great and difficult option. I think it, Hunter Ranch, Monarch Dunes and Cypress Ridge are a notch above the rest in the area.

Not sure if If the northern NorCal guys want to drive to Santa Barbara, I would, but us valley folk are weird that way. I would be good with La Purisma and Monarch. I personally really like Monarch Dunes and almost feel like it needs to be included in any Pismo outing.

13th/14th I could probably make it up there to represent socal.

My vote would be for Monarch Dunes again, and either La Purisima or Hunter Ranch. I've never played La P so that would be fun.

I'm in if we play somewhere near SLO or up North.

My vote would be for Monarch Dunes again, and either La Purisima or Hunter Ranch. I've never played La P so that would be fun.

I liked Hunter and Monarch, but would love to add La Purisima in for a round this year. Have others gone and voted at the link Wonton posted? Sounds like we could get a decent crew together what is being posted on here.

I didn't vote because it really doesn't matter to me. I'm in for a central coast gathering but I need as much notice as possible to schedule work off. I'll play anywhere as long as it don't break the bank! I'm easy like that!

I'm good for the 13th/14th. Playing Monarch Dunes and La Purisma would be my preference. Allows folks to try another course in the area.

Looks like a plan may be coming together...I like that!

I'm good for the 13th/14th. Playing Monarch Dunes and La Purisma would be my preference. Allows folks to try another course in the area.
I support this message! :act-up: As far as I know I'm clear that weekend. So, where are we eating Saturday night??

What about Cypress Ridge and La Purisma?

I personally don't think Cypress is very much fun. I think Monarch is the best course in the area. That's just me though. I'll play where ever.

I personally don't think Cypress is very much fun. I think Monarch is the best course in the area. That's just me though. I'll play where ever.

Not fun because it is difficult or not fun because it isn't a nice looking course?

Back