Unofficial THP New England Outing: 2020

VT allows people to quarantine for 7 days and take a test (the approach I'm taking). I'll actually be headed back from VT and to an early Thanksgiving with my family so I won't be able to join.

I traveled from MA to VT over the summer with no issues. We stayed at a hotel in Burlington and had to fill out some forms but had no issues. Two weeks ago I drove to VT and played golf in Woodstock from MA.

I know I’m talking to myself, lol, but maybe I’ll play 9 holes Friday afternoon too somewhere?
If I wasn't going to be in Maine I'd absolutely join ya lol.. I'll recommend Lake Morey Country Club as a personal favorite of mine. Roughly 30 minutes from your hotel, mostly interstate or you can take state highway for a scenic route. I played the back 9 on Sunday and posted pretty much each hole in the THP Live Round thread. Pretty reasonable as well, $26 for 9 or if you go after 3 pm $24 for as much as you can squeeze in (not including cart)

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

If I wasn't going to be in Maine I'd absolutely join ya lol.. I'll recommend Lake Morey Country Club as a personal favorite of mine. Roughly 30 minutes from your hotel, mostly interstate or you can take state highway for a scenic route. I played the back 9 on Sunday and posted pretty much each hole in the THP Live Round thread. Pretty reasonable as well, $26 for 9 or if you go after 3 pm $24 for as much as you can squeeze in (not including cart)

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

I went to a wedding a couple years ago there - seemed really nice.

Participants - please respond:

Pursuant to making reservations and checking in at Montcalm. It will greatly aid check-in if we can provide the course with your personal info to check you into their computer system, before the morning of the event. At minimum, they will need a name to put the reservation against.

Even better, if you provide your name, phone number, email, and Zipcode, I will forward to Montcalm and they will setup a user account for you. That account will enable you to make your own future reservations, modify existing ones, reserve tee times online, etc.

Please shoot me a PM with your details, Name at minimum, and preferably email, phone, and zipcode as well. This means when we check in, they only have to run your card, instead of plugging in your contact info at the course, saving time. The course has offered to put this effort in ahead of time to speed us on our way.

Thank you!

EDIT: Please send me this info ASAP - I will be reserving our times shortly and it would be helpful to have in-hand. Thank you!

Last edited:
Done

Booked the Marriot for 2 nites.

I’m psyched for this I’m out of my mind crazy since March not getting out anywhere but my crappy course.

I am trying to take Alex's advice and talk my wife into the 10 hour drive as it is her birthday and maybe we can have a weekend getaway if my parents take the kids. That being said, before I put too much effort into trying to sell her on it can someone explain the travel restrictions and quarantine? I would be driving up from Cetaphil Virginia which is bright red on that map even though my county is low as far as positive tests. A lot would have to go right for me to pull this off but I love playing with THPers and I've never played up in that area so I'm willing to try!!

I am trying to take Alex's advice and talk my wife into the 10 hour drive as it is her birthday and maybe we can have a weekend getaway if my parents take the kids. That being said, before I put too much effort into trying to sell her on it can someone explain the travel restrictions and quarantine? I would be driving up from Cetaphil Virginia which is bright red on that map even though my county is low as far as positive tests. A lot would have to go right for me to pull this off but I love playing with THPers and I've never played up in that area so I'm willing to try!!

There are more details, but this is the gist of it:

General Travel and Quarantine Guidance

The CDC has guidance for people traveling within the United States. Because travel increases a person’s chance of getting COVID-19 through close contact with others or contaminated public surfaces, anybody traveling should continue to avoid large gatherings and public areas, keep a distance of at least 6 feet from others, wear a cloth face covering when in public areas, and frequently sanitize their hands.

NH residents or out-of-state visitors traveling to/from areas outside of New England (Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Rhode Island) need to self-quarantine for the first 14 days of any intended stay in NH after travel (starting from the last day of their travel outside New England). This recommendation is irrespective of the mode of transportation for travel (public vs. private transportation). It is also acceptable for travelers to New Hampshire to self-quarantine in their home state prior to arrival as long as they do not travel on public transportation.

There are more details, but this is the gist of it:

General Travel and Quarantine Guidance

The CDC has guidance for people traveling within the United States. Because travel increases a person’s chance of getting COVID-19 through close contact with others or contaminated public surfaces, anybody traveling should continue to avoid large gatherings and public areas, keep a distance of at least 6 feet from others, wear a cloth face covering when in public areas, and frequently sanitize their hands.

NH residents or out-of-state visitors traveling to/from areas outside of New England (Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Rhode Island) need to self-quarantine for the first 14 days of any intended stay in NH after travel (starting from the last day of their travel outside New England). This recommendation is irrespective of the mode of transportation for travel (public vs. private transportation). It is also acceptable for travelers to New Hampshire to self-quarantine in their home state prior to arrival as long as they do not travel on public transportation.
We live in a rural area, I work from home, and we don't use public transportation. Does that mean I can self - quarantine? If I convince my wife and we make a 10 hour drive only to get turned away she might actually kill me! 🤣

We live in a rural area, I work from home, and we don't use public transportation. Does that mean I can self - quarantine? If I convince my wife and we make a 10 hour drive only to get turned away she might actually kill me! 🤣

As far as I know/feel you didn’t give me Covid in August when we teed it up

There may be some sort of self-quarantine paper work you could fill out to order to prove to authorities your status and intentions. I have not looked, but it seems like that could be a thing.

As far as I know/feel you didn’t give me Covid in August when we teed it up
And you didn't give it to me either!! That was a fun day!!

There may be some sort of self-quarantine paper work you could fill out to order to prove to authorities your status and intentions. I have not looked, but it seems like that could be a thing.

It’s basically saying you quarantined and then answering a daily questionnaire online for Vermont anyway

Playing 18 now and what the hell lol. Not me.
3BE83346-E90A-4E0A-A67D-13D6CB50C59D.jpeg
AC2258AC-9FBD-4F09-9A97-8ECF442144FF.jpeg

When do you need to know how many folks for 18?

When do you need to know how many folks for 18?

So here is the thing. Tee times are a competitive sport these days. I will be calling Montcalm first thing tomorrow AM to reserve our times. At current we have (7) players, which is only two groups worth. If we do not have interest past 7-8 players, I may choose to reserve only 2 tee times instead of three, so that we do not ghost the course.

I'd appreciate anyone who thinks they want to play next weekend, if they could give a heads up today, so at least I know if it is potentially worth reserving the third tee time. I don't mind reserving a third slot for another group and then canceling it a few days before, but this course has always been good to me I want to treat them the same way.

Paging @zbeekner4 @PatsFan, and anyone else that previously showed interest I may have missed.

Sign up ladies, if u want to see a senior citizen hit a ball over 300 yards, sign up. :)

I apologize, I meant 320.

Last edited:
Booked the Marriot for 2 nites.

I’m psyched for this I’m out of my mind crazy since March not getting out anywhere but my crappy course.

Courtyard is great choice. Plenty of shopping and sightseeing for your wife as well. If you need recommendations let me know.

Back