Unusual prizes you have won in golf competitions

mostly, rounds of golf for 4 in some scrambles I've participated in. (not unusual I suppose) I did win a ClicGear push cart at Dick's Sporting Goods a couple of years ago for a closest to the pin contest they were having in their virtual practice range. 3 swings for $5 to benefit St.Jude's Childrens Hospital. I put one about 3 feet from the pin and forgot about it. The wife and I were doing some last-minute Christmas shopping and stopped in Dick's and the pro remembered me. He said they were doling out the prizes the next day and so far, no one had come closer. I went back the next day (xmas eve) and picked up my cart....the only thing I've ever won due to my golfing talent. :act-up:

Long drive mugs, clocks etc but the odd one was this: (still have it too)

super_soaker_cps1000.jpg

I won a pair of Sonicare toothbrushes. A pair.

I played in a Baptist fund raiser with my 80 year old uncle who is in very poor health. He is a retired pastor. I didn't think he would be able to play but he called me on Wednesday before the event on Saturday and asked if I would play with him. He was pretty excited that he even felt like getting out. So we played and finished last. He was able to play 14 holes and even had a shot at closest to the pin on one hole. But he tired pretty badly and stayed in the cart for the last four holes. We both enjoyed the heck out of that day just to celebrate his being able to play one more round. They gave us a four inch tall trophy with an ugly little golfer and the inscription "Bringing up the rear!" We had a great day and I have that trophy front and center on the mantle with the other trophies. Somehow, that ugly little trophy means more than all the others to me.

8fb5f0a0ef6ea5b47822c4da0e9a4e57.jpg

I won ham and bacon today. :)

Absolutely nothing wrong with that prize Kelly. I won a big leg of ham last year. So, so yummy.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that prize Kelly. I won a big leg of ham last year. So, so yummy.

I agree! It was an annual "Ham and Bacon" tournament so I was thrilled to bring home the bacon so to speak.

I've only won one prize in a golf competition. Does that count as unusual?

I played in a Peoria-handicap two-man best ball (six holes), alternate shot (six holes), scramble (six holes) event. We won the net division by 4 strokes with a score of 62.

Our prize was $125.00 each. I applied my $125.00 to my course membership fee for the next year. No trophies were given out, so I made my own: I cut out the newspaper clipping of the results and put the clipping in a little ceramic golf cart picture frame for display.

Last edited:
I just remembered the weirdest prize I won in a tourney. I got a KP and won a case of bean burritos. The case wasn't 24 burritos, it was 100 frozen bean burritos.

I just remembered the weirdest prize I won in a tourney. I got a KP and won a case of bean burritos. The case wasn't 24 burritos, it was 100 frozen bean burritos.

Have you finished all 100?

Once was on the winning team in a 4 man Lauderdale - we each won a plaque stating we won the "Whatever Children's Shelter Tourney" (whatever the fund-raiser was for - I forget). Then the second place team got a dozen Titleists each. OUCH!!

The best odd prize i ever won was a free Big Dad barbecue sandwich per week for a year at Shanes Rib Shack - all I can say is WOWZER!

Once was on the winning team in a 4 man Lauderdale - we each won a plaque stating we won the "Whatever Children's Shelter Tourney" (whatever the fund-raiser was for - I forget). Then the second place team got a dozen Titleists each. OUCH!!

The best odd prize i ever won was a free Big Dad barbecue sandwich per week for a year at Shanes Rib Shack - all I can say is WOWZER!
I would get Huge if I ever won free food for a year.... Lol

I once won a lamp. One of the "touch" lamps that light up as soon as you touch it.

Was it a strange prize? Maybe..... stranger was that I chose it. Had a new apartment, and owned no lights.... so then I had one light lol.

Just recently got rid of it. Had it probably close to 12 years or so.

10 free car washes for closest to the pin. It was only strange cause there were 2 CTP prizes...the other was a $200 pro shop gift card...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 15 years ago when I got my first hole-in-one at a tournament I got 36 dozen golf balls. They were all Nike, not bad. Gave a bunch away and my wife took care of the rest :beauty:

Best ever was an expired subway gift card along with a wine gift basket with expired food and 2 bottles of wine that got used as target practice after I opened them and got dizzy just from the foul smell.

Not my win, but my partner in a 2-man team tourney won this one for closest-to-the-hole - a $10 gift certificate to the local plus-size women's store in town. His wife went about 105 lbs., so I don't think that one got spent.

I never knew this thread existed and now its in my top ten favorites. Wow!

A pair of tailored pants for closest to the pin. I needed to leave right after the round figuring I would sort out the pants later. I received a text later that day from my partner/brother - “they needed measurements on-site. Thanks for the pants”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won a scramble 2 years ago for a marketing company. Our prize was our picture on a billboard for a few weeks. Right on the main freeway on-ramp. It was terrible. The second place team each got $250.00 in the pro shop. That would have been way better

I once won a lamp. One of the "touch" lamps that light up as soon as you touch it.

Was it a strange prize? Maybe..... stranger was that I chose it. Had a new apartment, and owned no lights.... so then I had one light lol.

Just recently got rid of it. Had it probably close to 12 years or so.
See you again in 3.5 years. Lol
1f70233dd1c0558ff74ea18aca10effb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A toy Steelcase semi truck and trailer for nearest the pin.

Back