UPS brought some boxes

Ed Settle

Small Batch, baby!
Reaction score
Handicap
Picked up a "mint" R9 460 on ebay. The head was still in plastic but, I wanted to replace the stock reax shaft. So I happened upon a new Oban Devotion 6 shaft in x-stiff (05) but, as you can tell we still have snow on the ground!! I finished it with a blue BCT Golf Pride grip.

I hope to hit it soon and give you guys a full report.:banana::bananadance:

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00176-1.jpg

DSC00177-1.jpg

That's a nice looking driver you've put together. Hit it straight and if you don't you can always change the settings on it.

Nice driver. Good luck with it.

Enjoy it... I love my R9 460! Find the fairways with it much more often! :banana:

as a fellow TM disciple...I am truly JEALOUS..

nice looking shaft. what is that os flex? good luck with it.

nice looking shaft. what is that os flex? good luck with it.

It says "05" not "OS". 2659edward wrote in the first post that it means X-stiff.

Nice looking club. I have the 460 myself and have been considering switching out the shaft to get a lower trajectory out of it.

Thanks for all the kind words. If it doesn't get warm soon I hitting the indoor Golf Dome!!

Nice looking club. I have the 460 myself and have been considering switching out the shaft to get a lower trajectory out of it.

There are alot of good shafts around. I had a TP tip and had the new shaft finished pretty quick. Find a R9 tip (for .350") shafts or a R9 TP (.335") and do some testing. It is lots of fun.:D

Looks very nice, can't wait to hear what you think. Hope you can get some numbers with it. Good stuff!

Congrats on the new driver, looks sharp :good:

Quick update. I have had a couple of indoor sessions with the new driver. The feel of the shaft is fantastic. If this translates into performance on the course, perfect. Not really looking for more distance, just more fairways hit. The launch monitor says everything should be ok. The final test will be outdoors on the course.

I'm going to be looking at picking up some spare TP adjustable tips, so I can put them on other shafts, and switch in and out.

Good idea.

Considering I have a BUNCH of BRAND NEW stuff coming, I will be making a thread of my own :)

Check my sig for the new stuff incoming.

Now that's Pretty!

Now that's Pretty!

Blue is my favorite color and that new stick of yours looks great! I love that shaft color.... Too bad but my brain is thinking and my piggy bank is stinking :banghead: Nawwww I am very fortunate with clubs especially drivers being the Driver Ho I am......

Any of you R9 hitters come from the Callaway FT-5 or FT-9?

Not me. Last 4 drivers have been TM.

Just a little review. Just back from my golf trip to Florida. First somebody needs to pay the heat bill in Florida!! Was there Monday to Saturday and Monday was the only day we played in short sleeves. Fought rain, wind and 40 degree temps the rest of the week. Had fun and great results from the R9 460 and Oban combo.

Out on the course the driver was long and straight. Higher than my TBTP w/TP diamana shaft but, seemingly just as long. We were not getting any roll at times ending up right next to our ballmark in the fairway.

Very easy to load this shaft. May play alittle soft to flex. This is a x-stiff (05) but is no stiffer than the diamana stiff. Tried to hit a couple of control (80%) drives and had good results. Not typical for me. The 460 head has good forgiveness and even on off-center hits lost very little distance.

Friday afternoon was a washout so, it was spent at the local GG playing on the Flight-Scope LM. Combo launches a bit high and with a little to much spin. But, who is counting! Very happy with this combo. The SuperTri with MWT might help both issues but, that is another thread!!

The SuperTri would most likely give you more spin.

I am reading that 8-1-8 weight set up MIGHT help. We will see. I couldn't ask for more out of the shaft.

JB, where is global warming when I needed it. hehe

Better than 6 degrees and 8 inches of snow back in Indy.

Back