USGA CEO Mike Davis stepping down by end of 2021

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Didn't see this one coming. Davis is reportedly pursuing his dream of becoming a golf course designer. Will team up with Tom Fazio to create a new architecture firm.

because when you think “mike davis” you think perfectly executed course design and setup haha

I think he said he was going to step down a while ago. The USGA had a bunch of changes end of last year beginning of this correct??

because when you think “mike davis” you think perfectly executed course design and setup haha
My thoughts exactly

He won't be missed. But good luck in design. :ROFLMAO:

RIP field for the 2021 US Open. The fairways just narrowed even more and the rough will be 8in bermuda.

YIKES.

I am wondering if as he starts to design courses what they will look like... With the "courses are too big and the ball goes too far". Will he stick to putt putt courses??

I am not really a fan of Geoff Shackelford but I do go to his blog to read what he has to say... He has some... interesting insight to Mike Davis's career and successes.

AMF.

It could’ve been much worse.
I just liked the placement of the 'Be kind today' next to it. Which is sounds like you were being!

RIP field for the 2021 US Open. The fairways just narrowed even more and the rough will be 8in bermuda.
8000 yard Torrey pines here we come.

Don't let it hit ya on the way out....

Back