UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they charge more is because it is a better product. Better materials. They believe the marketplace is receiving the product well. Danny does think that product prices will go down a little as materials become cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good stuff buddy
Honestly $100 more for graphites in a set of irons isn't bad. That's an extra $12.50/club over steel. Where else can you get 66% more efficiency for $13?

it isn't, until you try to go with a graphite that isn't a stock option. Recoils cost 40+ a shaft on the open market. So you are looking 300+ for an iron set.

good stuff buddy

it isn't, until you try to go with a graphite that isn't a stock option. Recoils cost 40+ a shaft on the open market. So you are looking 300+ for an iron set.

Agreed. The question isn't "When will graphite shafts come down in price?" It's "When will most OEMs offer a full range of graphite shafts at the same price?" And that might be a bit farther away, for a lot of reasons.

It's like you were in my head just now. 40-45 a pop adds up quick. I understand why they're more expensive due to materials, but it's a deterrent for sure. They'll come down in price though, and the consumer will benefit even more as more high quality graphite shafts are offered as a stock option from companies.

It's like you were in my head just now. 40-45 a pop adds up quick. I understand why they're more expensive due to materials, but it's a deterrent for sure. They'll come down in price though, and the consumer will benefit even more as more high quality graphite shafts are offered as a stock option from companies.

yeah they will come down. It's just going to take time.

That is some awesome stiff. Love those hats. Congrats and look forward to some great feedback.

I just paid about $30/shaft for some aftermarket steel shafts, so it still comes out about the same.

I think UST is doing fine with their pricing, considering the vast array of options you get compared to steel.

9aaa238007e1eb2e1243873b1d774363.jpg

8a09e11a1c81fd93f0c21ecf387a881d.jpg

Number 4. Danny says its a fifth generation prototype that should release sometime in 2016

Attachments

• WP_20150327_11_05_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150327_11_05_57_Pro.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
675da70c4cf82511ebb16233d160f174.jpg

ccaa012e06ee3f0e4a955dbf52150a7f.jpg

Lucky number 7!

(Thanks Frank!)

so cool.

That's really, really, cool.

2/10

08EAAB34-047C-4AF0-87BA-B6E79ED6CA21_zps13mpqqe1.jpg

The shafts we have are truly prototypes they have only made 10.

That sounds pretty 'limited edition' to me. Lol. Sorry, couldn't help myself on the recent play of buzz words here between 'limited edition' and 'prototype.'

You guys are killing it. Just reading along, I've already learned so much. And I LOOVVEEEE the ProForce V2 in my 3w. It really made that club my 'goto' club.

~Rock

FB287D94-C067-4168-B07F-42B0ADD3C2AF_zpsvgpzzeee.jpg

Interesting fact. UST makes a high torque shaft, 5 to 6°, and is their lowest launching shaft.
Why is this, what the science behind this?

I'm slacking behind a little with posts, but my swag:

7CBBA6D0-98C7-4A7D-BEC0-DBE0391378E3_zpsx4jxsk4j.jpg

I want that shirt

I just paid about $30/shaft for some aftermarket steel shafts, so it still comes out about the same.

30 a shaft vs 45, that's $105 difference in an 8 club set. It's not a UST thing, just a cost between steel and graphite for now. While the average player may get greater distance and consistency using graphite, it's up to that individual buyer if they're willing to spend the additional cost for it, or stick with what they know.

30 a shaft vs 45, that's $105 difference in an 8 club set. It's not a UST thing, just a cost between steel and graphite for now. While the average player may get greater distance and consistency using graphite, it's up to that individual buyer if they're willing to spend the additional cost for it, or stick with what they know.

agreed. Other options from other companies start at 45 and come out to 100 a shaft. But this thread is about what these guys are going through, which has been an incredible follow so far.

I was talking to Danny during a short break about the hole "feel" thing with torque. He said on paper torque makes zero performance difference. However, he said feel can completely alter your swing, so torque can affect ball flight for you and it could be a different effect for different people.

I was talking to Danny during a short break about the hole "feel" thing with torque. He said on paper torque makes zero performance difference. However, he said feel can completely alter your swing, so torque can affect ball flight for you and it could be a different effect for different people.

good info. Side note, how awesome is Danny? So easy to talk to and extremely knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back