UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny is big into feel with fittings. Torque is mainly just feel in a shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torque is all about feel. Has nothing to do with performance.

These 2 will forget more about shafts today than I will ever know. The info here is mind boggling

UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

In the next 5-10 years Danny thinks that graphite iron shafts will see much more usage on tour

When ko switched to recoil she has won every tournament she entered. Coincidence?

UST really thinks Recoil shafts are going to change the game. In just 5-10 years it could possibly be 100% that everyone is playing graphite in their irons.

In the next 5-10 years Danny thinks that graphite iron shafts will see much more usage on tour

when does he think graphite costs drop to be more affordable to the consumer?

Recoil took 24 years to develop. That's some serious R&D.

IROD today designed to create more spin, allow hybrid shots to hold the green - not focus as much on getting more distance out of the club.

I'm really interested in trying out some of UST's VTS line tomorrow. It's really interesting to me that you can have a very stiff low launching shaft with a high level of torque.

Recoil took 24 years to develop. That's some serious R&D.

No joke. That's playing a very long game.

Worth every day. Amazing shafts.

Danny talking about swing weight, how over thought it is by many, great great stuff.

Can you explain? Are you talking like the prototype 125?
Our prototype shafts we are getting today is a shaft they are developing in the Elements line.

Danny talking about swing weight, how over thought it is by many, great great stuff.

Without even knowing what he is saying, I agree sooooo much

He's referring the the 10 shafts for the event, they are elements prototypes.

It's something completely unique. We don't have much info on it yet.

The reason they charge more is because it is a better product. Better materials. They believe the marketplace is receiving the product well. Danny does think that product prices will go down a little as materials become cheaper

Honestly $100 more for graphites in a set of irons isn't bad. That's an extra $12.50/club over steel. Where else can you get 66% more efficiency for $13?

That's reassuring, because I don't even think about swing weight at all haha

This thread is epic. Knowledge carpet bombing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back