UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Finally got to get some swings in with these in my TCBs.

First impressions that they feel stouter than my MMT 95s but much smoother. I was getting almost a full club longer on good strikes. Im not going to think too much about that since I don’t trust these sim numbers at all. I more went to get a feel and to test how my elbow would feel.

I also can’t stand hitting off the mat/turf they have. Overall a good strike made the club feel more dense. I just want to get these outside to actually see what happens. I felt more confident with feel through the swing so I’m even more excited about them than I already was!
What's the balance point on the DART's ?
I felt like the MMT's had a lower balance point, which I didn't care for.
Thinking of ordering a single DART 90 to try out.

Not something that I’m knowledgeable on but hopefully someone else might know!

I asked this question on Golfworks. Here is the reply:
The Dart 90 balance point measured 1/4" high of the center point and the 105 measured 1/4" low of the center point.

I asked this question on Golfworks. Here is the reply:
The Dart 90 balance point measured 1/4" high of the center point and the 105 measured 1/4" low of the center point.
Thanks, would live to know what the BP is on the MMT 85 R, it felt pretty low.
Seems the Dart's are mid BP, which I like for feel to me.

Thanks for the continued reviews and info on these!

Paige 12 in this thread I have a picture of the balance points.

@Muchmore18 can you explain ‘stouter but much smoother’. I would think stouter would mean a bit more harsh, maybe I’m looking at it wrong

@Muchmore18 can you explain ‘stouter but much smoother’. I would think stouter would mean a bit more harsh, maybe I’m looking at it wrong
It's hard to explain. Like overall, the shaft feels stronger through the swing. But I feel like it activates at the right time for me, leading to the smoothness instead of "hoping" that I transition it properly like with my MMTs. Maybe I'm describing it poorly since I've only hit them once for about an hour and it was off mats. More time with them, I'm sure I could describe them a little more clearly

Reactions: MH
It's hard to explain. Like overall, the shaft feels stronger through the swing. But I feel like it activates at the right time for me, leading to the smoothness instead of "hoping" that I transition it properly like with my MMTs. Maybe I'm describing it poorly since I've only hit them once for about an hour and it was off mats. More time with them, I'm sure I could describe them a little more clearly
Thanks, I think I understand what your getting at now, I’m absolutely terrible at describing the feeling of a shaft. It either works for me or it doesn’t but I can definitely tell when one is too stiff or too soft

The 90 S dart is so freaking impressive. The feel I have in my irons is unmatched with anything I’ve played previously, and the ball just gets up in the air and goes!
I’m so happy these fit me so well!

View attachment 9115690
Used a pneumatic CPM machine to pull the numbers. 5” clamp at 40 psi measurements pulled directly off the tip and butt of the shaft using a 205g weight on the tip and a 50g weight on the butt. Left column is the butt, while right column is the tip. The two numbers split by a \ are: first read number\average after 5 readings.

These CPM #s are not very consistent. Shouldn't we look for ~9 CPMs between clubs on the butt flex for consistency?

These CPM #s are not very consistent. Shouldn't we look for ~9 CPMs between clubs on the butt flex for consistency?
The associated weight of the club heads will adjust the numbers as these were taken with static weight. Then when built to variable length clubs at 7g head increments you’d look into frequencies within the shafts in the set to evenly scale from the longest iron to shortest wedge.

Having played mine for a while now, I have the 105's, i totally understand what you are saying. They are stout, not chippy and light, but when you make that 80% controlled swing where you just feel the groove, it releases and sends it. I played last evening and we had late afternoon winds here in north Texas. I was playing the par 5 16th dead into the wind. Did not catch my drive and just wanted to hit a 4 iron down the fairway and it was pure, felt good, i had 162 to the back left pin and thats my 7 iron, i pulled the 6 iron and just laid the club on the back of the bal and it was the most piercing shot, slight draw to the left pin and i ended up 6 get behind the pin. Even my cart partner said it look effortless, so yes. I totally understand stout and smoother, the dispersion in the shafts are sweet. I actually had a friend at the club order a 4 iron shaft to try out in his head, he is now ordering the rest of the set of shafts.....they are good

The only thing that would make me switch would be a total bag move to new irons, and even then i would try to order up with the Recoil Darts

Shout out to @DannyLe and his encouragement that these shafts would work for me. They are absolutely one of the best feeling and performing shafts I have ever played. In love with them in my Paradym irons
Expecting big things for Anime Gods

Ordering i230's 5-PW with Dart 90 F3.

Thanks for the thread. Great info!

I like the MMT85 but the balance point. Looking forward to the Dart 90.

Back