UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

those are some of my favorites. So good.
They really are, especially with those DBM Ben Hogan heads. I get tons of compliments on them.

those are some of my favorites. So good.
I really really love the IP green ones though. They are money.

Just me or is it hot in here tonight?

Recoil 125 F4 shafts installed in a new Jaws 54 and PM Grind 2.0 and I’m excited to finally try Recoils in my wedges!

Late to the party on graphite shafts in irons. Currently have some health issues with my neck and arm and have been reading about the benefits of graphite on the joints.

Currently play the Nippon NS Pro 980GH DST which is 103g in stiff. I like them a lot. My research to date suggests the Recoil 95 F4 would be a good match. If anyone has any experience with both of these it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Late to the party on graphite shafts in irons. Currently have some health issues with my neck and arm and have been reading about the benefits of graphite on the joints.

Currently play the Nippon NS Pro 980GH DST which is 103g in stiff. I like them a lot. My research to date suggests the Recoil 95 F4 would be a good match. If anyone has any experience with both of these it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I made this exact switch. Been a couple of years now and still loving graphite. I use the Proto version of the Recoil 95 shafts and they play a bit stiff to me.

Thanks. I’ve heard they play a bit stiffer but hoping the 95 is closer to the Nippon than the Proto

Recoil 125 F4 shafts installed in a new Jaws 54 and PM Grind 2.0 and I’m excited to finally try Recoils in my wedges!
How are you liking them? I have the 110's throughout my set, never even thought to put the 125's in the wedges but I really don't have any complaints with the 110's either.

How are you liking them? I have the 110's throughout my set, never even thought to put the 125's in the wedges but I really don't have any complaints with the 110's either.
Only two rounds with them and no range time so not sure yet. I thought it would be a slam dunk but my swing and chipping have been a swirling nightmare of uncertainty. I hit a few chips way long which shocked me and made me wonder if the new wedges or the shaft was causing them to come off hot or if my chips were just that bad. Probably the latter but not sure. They feel good but I need more time with them.

I've got UST on all my clubs excepting wedges and driver. On my previous set of Tour Edge Exi I have the Recoil 460 in the chrome-like finish, the newer ICONS have the Recoil ES (black). The recoil are a little stiffer than what graphite I have had in the past, but have an excellent feel.

I really want to try Recoil 95 Protos in my Apex’s...

I put a set of these into a new set of Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pros. Went with Recoil Proto 95 in F4.

It was as if the heads and shafts were married. Stable, balanced and a pairing that worked perfectly.

I have had such a great experience with the Prototype 110s and the PTx Pros. Not only to the shafts perform great and give me the ball flight I want, but they have been so easy on my joints and muscles. I am felling so well connected through impact with these, like I am efficiently transferring energy through the ball.

I put a set of these into a new set of Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pros. Went with Recoil Proto 95 in F4.

It was as if the heads and shafts were married. Stable, balanced and a pairing that worked perfectly.
I have had such a great experience with the Prototype 110s and the PTx Pros. Not only to the shafts perform great and give me the ball flight I want, but they have been so easy on my joints and muscles. I am felling so well connected through impact with these, like I am efficiently transferring energy through the ball.
I'll add to this. After putting Recoil 95 Proto F4s in a set of Cleveland UHX irons I have some incredible clubs. The combination is easily the best set of irons I have ever gamed. The protos feel so smooth but give me a nice launch and have a feel like I've never had before. Coupled with the UHX irons I'm not only hitting my irons at least 2 clubs longer than I have in the past, but I'm also getting a nice soft landing. My instructor told me yesterday he can't believe the transformation in my swing with these irons as I effortlessly hit my 9i an average of 160 yards shot after shot. Earlier this year, my 9i was good for 130 to 135 yards max!

I have to echo the success of those same shafts in my Ptx Pros! Letting the club do the work is effortless and contact has feedback, but feels great on both well struck and grooved shots alike! I couldn't be happier with my set!

I really want to try Recoil 95 Protos in my Apex’s...
I did have these shafts put into my Apex’s and they are so good.

Hitting @JB s Forged with the Recoils is a surreal experience, so smooth and effortless, I honestly believe it is this combination that has helped me drop my scores so easily this season. When I lineup behind the ball I have complete confidence in what I'm swinging. Absolutely love the shafts and heads! 😍

Hitting @JB s Forged with the Recoils is a surreal experience, so smooth and effortless, I honestly believe it is this combination that has helped me drop my scores so easily this season. When I lineup behind the ball I have complete confidence in what I'm swinging. Absolutely love the shafts and heads! 😍
Not mine...yours 😀

Ugh need the new set to get here , can’t wait to plug in the customs. Truly the best shafts I’ve ever played and the number one factor in my improvement.

I really want to put Recoils In another set of clubs. After almost a year into playing graphite shafts & I don’t see me going back to steel anytime soon.

I really want to put Recoils In another set of clubs. After almost a year into playing graphite shafts & I don’t see me going back to steel anytime soon.
I would love to try the Protos in a set. I have both the 780s and the 95's. Love my recoils and my shoulders and hands love them even more.

Recoil Protos in the Mizuno Hot Metal Pros continue to shine. The combination is near perfect for me.

Back