Played Davis Park on Friday morning. Outside of the fact that our round was 6:25am and the employee didn't show up until around 6:45am meaning we played the first two holes without a cart along with everyone else, the greens are in UNBELIEVABLE shape. Shot my career best 88 but it was strictly due to the fact my putter was on fire and the greens were extremely true. Davis Park is an absolute hidden gem and probably one of the better courses in the North.
I played both Valley View and Davis over the weekend. The greens at both are simply superb. Davis is my home course. The front 9 is pretty easy, but the back 9 is subtly challenging, with some difficult par 3’s.

Too quiet in here, we need to plan some sort of round.
Let’s get this going.

All of you who would be interested in getting together for a round in northern Utah, please reply to this post.

I played both Valley View and Davis over the weekend. The greens at both are simply superb. Davis is my home course. The front 9 is pretty easy, but the back 9 is subtly challenging, with some difficult par 3’s.
I played Valley View two days before my son was born a few weeks ago (hence the reason I have been MIA from THP lately) and it was in great shape as well to the point I mentioned it to the grounds crew.

On Friday I actually said to my buddies that I don't think I have ever played hole #2 on the left side of the green, I have always been in the trees long right. and I always seem to play 11 short.

Let’s get this going.

All of you who would be interested in getting together for a round in northern Utah, please reply to this post.

Obviously I’m in. Utah, Salt Lake or even Wasatch counties are easy enough for me.

Played The Oaks in Spanish Fork on Friday. I had never played there so I booked an 8am tee time and quickly found out why tee times are only $30 before 9am. The wind was HOWLING through that canyon! It was a pretty fun course. I like to play courses I haven't played before but it does leave me in a spot to shoot a high score as I'm not able to know the best spots to land the ball. Played fine shooting -1 on the par 3's but ended with a not great score. Pins were absolutely DIABOLICAL. I left thinking there had to of been a tournament the day before because these pins were placed in the most difficult spots. Fun course and even with the wind it wasn't too bad. The wind died down about 10:45 but the $70 Nike pullover I had to buy in the morning was a bit frustrating.

Played Oakridge on Monday for the UGA member play day. I had never played it but I have lived in Farmington my entire life. I have been wanting to play it for years and it was in pretty decent shape for October, but I was somewhat let down by the course. I would say it was a 7/10.

Played Oakridge on Monday for the UGA member play day. I had never played it but I have lived in Farmington my entire life. I have been wanting to play it for years and it was in pretty decent shape for October, but I was somewhat let down by the course. I would say it was a 7/10.
I played Oakridge in a Pro-Am a couple years ago and I'd say about the exact same thing. It's okay, but nothing to write home about.

I played Oakridge in a Pro-Am a couple years ago and I'd say about the exact same thing. It's okay, but nothing to write home about.
If I'm paying some of the fees I have heard and the 15K+ for buy-in.....I'm not too happy about the golf course. That being said, I know that they can get that course into UNBELIEVABLE shape. My family hops the fence on the fourth of July and we sit on a green to watch their fireworks....It is always in unbelieveable shape as the Korn Ferry is about to show up or has just shown up right around the fourth.

Going to post this here too for anyone that didn’t see @Tenputt post in another thread. We have been discussing a THP trip down south sometime between now and spring.

Thinking Sand Hollow, maybe Wolf Creek, or other courses in that area. I have a place for people to stay so that would be covered.

Trying to gauge interest now so we can plan something.

Going to post this here too for anyone that didn’t see @Tenputt post in another thread. We have been discussing a THP trip down south sometime between now and spring.

Thinking Sand Hollow, maybe Wolf Creek, or other courses in that area. I have a place for people to stay so that would be covered.

Trying to gauge interest now so we can plan something.
I am definitely in and happy to help organize it.

Got down south this past weekend and played 18 with my son last weekend. 60° and sunny was perfect for January.

I’d still like to find a weekend in February or March to get a few of us and go play a few courses.

Got down south this past weekend and played 18 with my son last weekend. 60° and sunny was perfect for January.

I’d still like to find a weekend in February or March to get a few of us and go play a few courses.
What course did you get to play?

What course did you get to play?

Just went to Southgate. I took my 9 year old who wants to go as much as he can now so that was fun.

Just went to Southgate. I took my 9 year old who wants to go as much as he can now so that was fun.
That is awesome that he is gaining interest. I am definitely still up to do the highly anticipated golf get together. I haven’t swung a club since we were down there before Thanksgiving. That is the longest layoff I have had in a few years. I am rearing to go.

Found out kids will be doing remote learning at least until next Wednesday so I think we will be heading south until then. I’m hoping to get out a few times.

That is awesome that he is gaining interest. I am definitely still up to do the highly anticipated golf get together. I haven’t swung a club since we were down there before Thanksgiving. That is the longest layoff I have had in a few years. I am rearing to go.

This is still on my mind. I could do mid to late March or early April.

This is still on my mind. I could do mid to late March or early April.
I was actually thinking about texting you to ask. That time frame works for me.

So life has gotten in the way for me and I’ve dropped the ball on a St. George trip. I’d still be willing if we could find a weekend.

On another note it is warm enough up here to play so I’d be happy to get a round in anywhere.

So life has gotten in the way for me and I’ve dropped the ball on a St. George trip. I’d still be willing if we could find a weekend.

On another note it is warm enough up here to play so I’d be happy to get a round in anywhere.
I almost checked in with you about playing today, but then I remember that we played on Halloween and you have young kids at home. I am actually headed down to St. George this next weekend for a family commitment, but after that, let’s go play.

I almost checked in with you about playing today, but then I remember that we played on Halloween and you have young kids at home. I am actually headed down to St. George this next weekend for a family commitment, but after that, let’s go play.

Yeah my boy had a soccer game at noon and family in town this weekend. When your back though a Saturday round could work for me. I even got my own UW now I don’t need to borrow yours :D

Hey @Tenputt, let’s find a Saturday in the next month.

Back