Very limited number of 33 inch putters at golf shops

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I understand inventory costs. But, in the age of club fitting, why not carry more 33 inch putters? Not everyone fits in a 34 or 35 inch putter.

Fortunately, the shop had a 33 inch TM Spider X to try and it felt great.

So...did ya buy it? ?

So...did ya buy it? ?
Yes, but from a fellow THP member. He had a mySpider X for sale at 33 inches. Saved a bunch over new plus custom colors.20200205_221826.jpg

It certainly would be nice. I game mine at 33 - 33.5 also. Congrats on the great looking ne purchase.

I end up just buying slightly longer than fitted and choke down. Gives me options and has saved me some cash in the long run.

I understand inventory costs. But, in the age of club fitting, why not carry more 33 inch putters? Not everyone fits in a 34 or 35 inch putter.

i would love to try that putter in a 33. Never seen one even in PGA super stores. The PGA superstore in Myrtle beach likely had 500 putters on display and maybe 3 were 33 inch. Soon as a pick up any type of facebalanced putter in shorter lengths I instantly make a better stroke. I'm wondering if I should be in a 32 with upgright lie but testing that is but a dream

Yes, but from a fellow THP member. He had a mySpider X for sale at 33 inches. Saved a bunch over new plus custom colors.View attachment 8927162
This is why shops don't stock 33" putters.

You should have been the change you wish to see and buy it from the shop.

This is why shops don't stock 33" putters.

You should have been the change you wish to see and buy it from the shop.
If they had a trade in at 33 inches, I would have been all over it.

The club tech at the local GG is happy to pull the stock grip off and shorten the putter. I recently had him lengthen 5 of my putters and he was able to save all but one of the grips.

If they had a trade in at 33 inches, I would have been all over it.
Why would stores stock 33" putters when it's already a small market demand and the consumers who do want them just shop online?

Stores don't stock 33" putters because people try them and then buy online. Then the stock sits and loses the store money.

I know it sounds harsh, but you are the reason why stores don't stock 33" putters.

Why have any putters in store giving your logic!

Picked up a 33” Futura X5R in 2015 for $125, 9/10 condition. Price was $350 at the stores. Never lost any sleep because I didn’t purchase it from a store. It’s still in my bag, love that putter.

Why have any putters in store giving your logic!
I'm concerned you don't understand the issues at hand here. Golf stores stock the putters that people buy in the store. People don't buy 33" putters in the store (exhibit A). So stores don't stock 33" putters.

Feel and weight changes as you shorten the length.

Are you saying that off the rack putters have different head weights for 34” putters than 35” putters? Obviously some putters have screw in weights on the sole where you can make adjustments but it’s my understanding that most putters are at a fixed headweight whether 34” or 35”.

Are you saying that off the rack putters have different head weights for 34” putters than 35” putters? Obviously some putters have screw in weights on the sole where you can make adjustments but it’s my understanding that most putters are at a fixed headweight whether 34” or 35”.
Some, but not all. I know SCamerons have different head weights for different lengths. Shorter putters are heavy from Scoots. I believe.

I am so used to trying things out with a 34 inch putter that it's fine for me haha

Annoying, but I get it.

Some, but not all. I know SCamerons have different head weights for different lengths. Shorter putters are heavy from Scoots. I believe.
The only recent cameron model (non-mallet) that was a different weight for a shorter putter was the Cameron & Crown head. The 34 and 35 inch putters get the same weights.

Gotta love this post...calling car 33.....Wear are you?

Now that I’ve switched to a 36.5-37” putter I’m really out of luck when trying to demo a putter.:oops:

I understand inventory concepts. I also understand club fitting concepts. Granted you can't stock every possible length, 33, 34 and 35 are all common lengths that should be part of a club fitter's arsenal.

As far as head weight, if you cut down a putter from 35 to 33, the overall club will feel lighter and you lose head feel unless you add back weight. A 330 gr head may feel fine and balanced at 35 inches and feel too light and unbalanced at 33 inches assuming grip and shaft type remain constant.

34” is far and away the most popular length and then 35”. If was a 33”
user, I would still be inclined to buy a 34” since putters don’t always last
long with me and that way, I’m selling the most popular length.

Last edited:
Back