Visiting Briggs Ranch

I loved the golf course. I agree with Hawk that it starts tough and would add the third hole as challenging depending on the tee box. The fourth hole is an awesome short par 4. In the first round we played I thought I hit two good shots and wound up putting off the green.

I haven’t played any of the other courses but really felt like BR was a great golf trip course. It is hard to score well at the course but the course is very playable so you won’t be frustrated by losing a ton of golf balls but it isn’t easy to get the ball in the hole. I would be happy playing BR every day.

Still have a strong ankle tan going from Briggs Ranch.

Briggs is very playable (as stated) but also you have to play well to score well. As always at Dormie properties the service is amazing. Food always solid. I am making a trip there at the beginning of December. I'm hoping the new Tiff Bermuda greens have softened up a bit!

Can’t wait to get here in March for the Goat Cup. Will be unlike anything I’ve ever done. Never flown anywhere to play before. First THP competitive event. Going back through all the prior Briggs events and making notes. 🗒️

Can’t wait to get here in March for the Goat Cup. Will be unlike anything I’ve ever done. Never flown anywhere to play before. First THP competitive event. Going back through all the prior Briggs events and making notes. 🗒️
Love to see Briggs featured again. Will be keeping a close eye on the course and how you guys play it.

I love this marker.

IMG_8783.jpeg

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Right there with ya!

Briggs Ranch is an awesome course. It's not that punishing. There's a few spots where your ball will be gone, but not much water or ob. Bunkers can be challenging, but they are fair. Check out the hole-by-hole breakdown for speed slot locations on the fairways.

Around the greens is the big difference. Greens are slick and can be challenging. But there's lots of slope that comes into play. It's better to hit off the green and let the slope do the work on many of the holes. A good short game will win you a lot of holes there.

Practice green is amazing! Bring a high lofted wedge and try the the pit of despair bunker. 8' vertical wall. It's so much fun.

The taco truck is fantastic! The chargrilled chicken was my favorite. They make a good spicy Bloody Mary. Ranch water's are delicious.

Have a blast. I look forward to following along.

I've re-read this thread. I've watched the videos on YouTube. I can't wait to get here and test my skill (or maybe even expose my weaknesses) Either way, this will be an absolutely awesome time.

Excited to see next week with a new signup who will be visiting Briggs Ranch with us.

Nice pic of 18 there. Thats a great finishing hole and could lead to some theatrics in a close competition. The green will suffer no fools.
In my round with Rank @bigbov and @Joshnoble01 I stuffed one there to about 2 ft and felt like that made up for any bad shots I hit the entire round haha

In my round with Rank @bigbov and @Joshnoble01 I stuffed one there to about 2 ft and felt like that made up for any bad shots I hit the entire round haha
That’s insanely hard on that green. We sat and watched groups hit beautiful looking shots that spun all the way off.

Heading over to Briggs today to kick off the Goat Cup.
What a fun few days ahead.

Been up a bit collecting my thoughts. Shaved my mange looking facial hair. Packed up the hotel. Checked my tee time for today a few times.

Thanks everyone for already taking great interest in what’s going down at Briggs Ranch. I’ve got two extra battery packs and a goal in mind for the thread. Stay active ya crazies, it a lofty one. Let’s make THP and Callaway Golf proud of the Goat Cup!

@Hawk and others have some good notes on the course. I cant wait to play it next month either.
I've seen plenty of good notes before the GOAT Cup too. Have them bookmarked...

But none of that will fully prep me for it. Just the grass types, atmosphere and very different greens to what we have are going to be a factor. Still, can't wait. But I do need some early prep on US soil...

One of GDs ten best in TX

Back