Wait Until AMollerud Answers Ask The Pro Questions to Post in the Thread

Fairway2Green

The Obstacle is the Path
Reaction score
Handicap
I see a bunch of new people answering the Ask The Pro questions before Andy has a chance to answer them today. I just wanted to let everyone know that THP likes the thread to be kept clean until Andy has a chance to answer the question. Welcome to THP and enjoy!!!

I didn't find a sticky or another thread with this in it. If there is one feel free to delete this.

People see the post and don't notice where it is located. It happens from time to time and usually a reminder keeps that person from jumping in too quick in the future. If we don't notice it right away, that's when you see more than one reply in these threads before Andy comes on.

Perhaps if people could start their posts like they are writing a letter like:

Andy,

blah blah blah . . .

it might make people notice it is directed to a specific person. A lot of people already do this, and they may be doing it just for that reason!

I have to admit sometimes I start responding to the thread and then I look at where it's located. It's easy to miss

I have done so in the past missing what section the post are in, but I normally go back and just delete my reply out so Andy can have the floor. Good reminder though!

I was one of the offenders earlier today and I apologize....I know better now...

OK, I know the rules. And I made the mistake you're talking about and here's why. When you are in the section that shows "New Posts" the indication that shows the new post is in the "Ask the Pro" forum is waaaaaayyyyyy over to the right hand side of the page. It's easy to see the post title and question, and easy to act on that before you even notice it's in a forum you shouldn't respond to until later.

I usually just assume a swing question is for andy.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

But, I am so pro! I think I did it once without paying attention. Don't think anyone is trying to bend the rules.

As Andy has not replied to this thread I will refrain from offering my advice....... :angel: :D

As Andy has not replied to this thread I will refrain from offering my advice....... :angel: :D

All I did was create this thread to help out all the new guys that came in today because it seemed like I saw at least 5 Ask The Pro threads getting answered by new members today and I made that mistake when I was new, so I was just trying to help them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. And I've done the same thing. I was simply making an apparently poor joke. :beat-up:

Bump...

How long does it take for Andy to typically respond?

He seems to answer about 3-4 days out of the week, usually in the morning. Sometimes he's busy, but from what I've seen he answers every question people post for him. It actually surprises me how he really does answer everyone that asks, considering I'm sure he's a busy dude (teaching lessons, working on his own game, playing tourneys, etc.). Never met him, but he seems like a real stand-up guy.

i usually get in from work and hit "new posts" - so when i see advice thread - i usually chime in. Chances are ive been there, and had so many lessons recently - been to some great pros. I only feel obligated to share -then i realize im in the ASK the Pro section and i feel like an idiot!

How long does it take for Andy to typically respond?

Seems like he's been pretty busy the last couple of weeks. But if you have a question for him, it WILL be answered. Just give him some time.

I liked the idea of starting the the threads in the ask the pro section with Dear Andy, gives all of us a reminder.

Back