Wedges with the most spin?

Selasmit

Scholar of the game...
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm after a shortlist of wedges that will give me good spin and check.

I play trusty rustys and love the feel, and I have a huge range of shots under my belt with them.

My playing partner just got a set of second hand nakishima wedges and he is spinning and checking the ball like its on a leash.

What wedges out there could generate that type of spin (the naks are quite hard to come by)? Or would putting a spinner shaft into my wedges do the trick (the naks just have normal shafts and my trustys have r3000's)

Cheers

Square Grooves

seriously The MD2 generate a ton of spin for me

Technique
Golf Ball
Clean grooves

I like the Cleveland 588 line personally, others will choose something else perhaps. But the 1st three matter A LOT!

Md2
588s

But like jb said the grooves are just a portion of the equation.

I've already taken care of the first three, and I can get the spin using his wedges so I know my technique is good

Technique, Practice, and more Practice.

Wedges will only augment what you can do with them. They can't give you the technique to magically transform your short game.

I've already taken care of the first three, and I can get the spin using his wedges so I know my technique is good

So you get the spin with his and not yours? Same technique? I gotta say, that is pretty shocking to me unless yours are completely dull or not clean at all.

As I said, my technique is fine. I played a round with his and can spin the ball easily.

My only issue is that the trustys just don't seem to give me the same spin

I clean the clubs after each round, and clean the grooves of the wedges before each shot

I clean the clubs after each round, and clean the grooves of the wedges before each shot

Then I would say get the exact same wedges that he has that you used and had huge spin success with. In just about every test we do, almost all of the wedges on clean lies are similar (generally speaking). I would venture to say that it is either dulled grooves, different types of lie, just missing slightly, or a sole that just works a bit for you.

Most of the wedges spin the same for me on a GC2. Maybe 200-300 difference here and there but that could be shaft difference.

I'm a bigger fan of playing the wedge that fits your game bounce and grind wise. That will make the biggest difference. If you still need more spin move to a high spinning tour level ball.

I have played , TM, Cleveland, Callaway, Cobra and Vokey's, For me and my swing Vokey's and it's not even close.
Also I ALWAYS clean my iron's and Wood's after EVERY round....It's Vital for maximum contact and spin.

I have played , TM, Cleveland, Callaway, Cobra and Vokey's, For me and my swing Vokey's and it's not even close.
Also I ALWAYS clean my iron's and Wood's after EVERY round....It's Vital for maximum contact and spin.

I can honestly say I have never cleaned a wood in my life. I mean the balls are clean at contact, and the grooves on woods are for looks only, so I am not sure it would matter.

I can honestly say I have never cleaned a wood in my life. I mean the balls are clean at contact, and the grooves on woods are for looks only, so I am not sure it would matter.

I can honestly tell you I have cleaned them every time unless I have not used them.....I agree with your quote it does nothing except make them look clean, But there are 2 thing's I ALWAYS clean after I use them, My Club's and My Gun's....Force of Habbit

I use a fresh set of Vokey's each year with good results.... I like my wedges new and clean!

I play the TM ATV wedges now and they work fine for me. I am a high spin player and really hit down through the ball, so I generate alot of backspin. So the ATV's work fine for me. They spin back a little or hop foward and stop.

As for the spinniest, I played the Scratch wedges and holy cow they spun wayyyy to much. I was to the point of either switching to a harder ball or throwing the ball past the pin and spin it back. Just my .02

I think you should buy whatever wedges your buddy is using. I have never noticed any wedges spinning a TON more than others, minus maybe some NC grooves. If you keep your grooves clean and make ball first contact you should see spin with any of them

I also have a set of Cleveland 588's that I have not hit yet. I have not hit any forged wedges, can anyone tell me if they spin any more versus a cast wedge?

I think you should buy whatever wedges your buddy is using. I have never noticed any wedges spinning a TON more than others, minus maybe some NC grooves. If you keep your grooves clean and make ball first contact you should see spin with any of them

Spinners + Callaway Jaws wedges spin more than a dj at a rave.

Outside of that combo, I am with you, most wedges for me give me similar results outside of playing and toying with grinds and and shafts

Spinners + Callaway Jaws wedges spin more than a dj at a rave.

Outside of that combo, I am with you, most wedges for me give me similar results outside of playing and toying with grinds and and shafts

Haha I imagine those would be fun. Do they have the OG Mackdaddy grooves?

Haha I imagine those would be fun. Do they have the OG Mackdaddy grooves?

Predecessor to those grooves and they shred balls like no other dude.

I think your right. Alot of it has to do with clubehead speed, angle of attack etc: and what ball your using. They all probably spin around the same unless were talking about cc and nc. Im sure all the major club makers max out the limits the USGA has set forth for groove depth and width

Predecessor to those grooves and they shred balls like no other dude.

Haha you could spin range balls with those things then I imagine.

Not good for golf balls, but probably fun to mess around with

This place is soooo bad for my wallet! haha

Reading through, the Yururi Gekku Raw was suggested, and as soon as a say a pic of the finish, I was in love!!!

I also ordered one of the Dance with Dragon grips (in black) to grip it with!

Anyone else have experience with these wedges?

Back