Weekend of February 14-15

We usually play around 3pm or 3:30pm and it's not too bad by then. I won't play any earlier because like you said the weekend traffic is awful, I don't have the patience to wait.

i know whatcha mean, i played on weekends only practically my entire life. then after i quit working 3 years ago i only played during the week. but just recently i played 2 weekends in a row (first time playing on a weekend in a loooooong time), and i was getting so tired of having to wait 2-5 minutes to hit every shot. i definitely dont miss playing on weekends now

I will be doing putter reviews tomorrow morning. SeeMore, GEL, and others. If RS wants to join me it would be easier....hehe

man i wish i could, but i have both of my brothers coming over tomorrow morning helping me move furniture over to Tierra Verde. i really wish i could cuz i really want a new putter too, lol....

Its a shame because we have 6 putters to review and photograph. Maybe even an extra one...hehe just kidding.

id be more than happy to help out next week though if you need any assistance

Its a shame because we have 6 putters to review and photograph. Maybe even an extra one...hehe just kidding.

ok, calling my brothers to cancel on them now....heh, just kidding. i really wish i could :at-wits-end:

I love when I have a day off during the week and I get to go out and play. I love being able to go at my own pace (which is actually pretty fast) and not have to wait around for the group in front of me. I get the best practice on the really slow days because I can work on different shots on the actual course not just the practice greens.

I will be doing putter reviews tomorrow morning. SeeMore, GEL, and others. If RS wants to join me it would be easier....hehe

4 words for you JB..

Road Trip To Melbourne! :good:

not this guy we just got hammered with snow plus I have weekend duty.:at-wits-end: hopefully my orders will come in soon and I will be moving to Charleston SC :banana:

I'm playing tomorrow at 1140AM. Weather is looking good so far.

I went to the range today, was really pleased with my overall ball striking, my accuracy was dead on as well.

Made it out to the range and they had Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, and Cobra. Lots of stuff to try out, I stuck to just the drivers though. Have a few new ideas for possible additions to the bag now. Also, the Cleveland/Srixon rep tossed a pair of 2-ball sleeves by my bag when he was leaving while I was finishing out my bucket of balls.

First time I've been to a Demo Day, and had a lot of fun. The Callaway rep was great, the Cleveland/Srixon guy was pretty friendly but kept handing me regular flex drivers instead of stiff, and the Cobra guy was a little stand-offish.

Sorry to hear about the Cobra guy. I noticed you had similar findings with our review of the Callaway Diablo. It is a great driver. Hope you had a chance to hit the Cleveland Monster as well. Loud but great.

Anyone golfing?

It's going to be no warmer than 35 this weekend here in KC so no golf (again).

I think I'll try and get out tomorrow(Sunday) despite the weather
Sunflower should be devoid of golfers and that makes for a quick round.
Hell 35 is warm if the wind stays down like today.I would of went today but didn't get up till noon.Had to take the kid to see Friday the Thirteenth last night.
off topic: They had the SWAT team outside the theater on antioch last night

I started a separate thread in the Clubs section so I don't eat up too much space here :comp:

I think I'll try and get out tomorrow(Sunday) despite the weather
Sunflower should be devoid of golfers and that makes for a quick round.
Hell 35 is warm if the wind stays down like today.I would of went today but didn't get up till noon.Had to take the kid to see Friday the Thirteenth last night.
off topic: They had the SWAT team outside the theater on antioch last night

Sunflower was Turner's home course back when I learned how to play. I've played there a BUNCH of times. Never broke 100 until last year. Long long course. What was going on at the theater? I didn't see anything about it on the news.

I just got back from the range. I managed to shank every full shot I took. The chipping looked good so I stuck with that for a hour.

No golfing for me this weekend or maybe one more week. Waiting for a knee injury to right itself. Walking at the golf show was a test......results are in, not quite there yet :bad:

somebody bought my round of golf tomorrow at Golden Eagles(North course) as a Valentine's gift.

ge.jpg

I did end up going to the driving range today. That place was packed!!! I managed to snag one of the few open spots, but there were people waiting after I got there.
I really wanted to try out the tips that Amollerud gave me and they helped. I was hitting the ball much more solidly and very straight. Honestly, today I was hitting the ball better than I ever have with a driver.
When I think that only 3 weeks ago I couldnt hit a driver worth a darn and now I should be able to hit it 225+ yards into the fairway, Im pretty proud of myself.
10 handicap here I come!!!

not bad for a made up holiday.

No doubt. The best thing about the "holiday" is you can go out aonother day/night when it's less crowded and celebrate then! And it can even be next week if you want, it doesn't have to be the day before or the day after!

Still, niiiice gift!

Back