Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dry? You may be waiting until May or Jun at the rate we are going. :)
You got that right! Hope we really do get out(just to hit off real ground,not astro turf)

Couldn't agree more. I went to my golf course Friday night (it just happens to be my favorite bar), and the first hole looks like a checkerboard of snow and grass. I was actually shocked to see any green at all. Leagues start there the third week of April, but I think that's a pipe dream. A WET pipe dream.

Our leagues are scheduled to start 3rd week of April as well and there are some low areas on the golf course that I just don't see draining in time, let alone thawing in time.

Couldn't agree more. I went to my golf course Friday night (it just happens to be my favorite bar), and the first hole looks like a checkerboard of snow and grass. I was actually shocked to see any green at all. Leagues start there the third week of April, but I think that's a pipe dream. A WET pipe dream.

Fairways?

We drove around to 4 different courses on Saturday and that place looked the best(sadly). Weather forcast gets back to somewhat normal towards the end of the week, so *hopefully* it's not too far away.

You got that right! Hope we really do get out(just to hit off real ground,not astro turf)

With how hard the ground will be it'll probably feel about the same!

Fairways?

We drove around to 4 different courses on Saturday and that place looked the best(sadly). Weather forcast gets back to somewhat normal towards the end of the week, so *hopefully* it's not too far away.
Frear Park. Although that Thursday night league we talked about (hint, hint) at Fairways is supposed to start that same third week in April.

Looking kinda cold and some possible snow here this week but starting Friday there's some good temps coming! Hopefully it won't rain too much, we need things to dry up

yzymyqy9.jpg

Looking kinda cold and some possible snow here this week but starting Friday there's some good temps coming! Hopefully it won't rain too much, we need things to dry up

yzymyqy9.jpg

Looks pretty sweet to me!

Yeah that magical number of 60° is getting closer haha. Man its going to feel so damn warm compared to now

yzymyqy9.jpg

So you are saying there is a chance.. :)

yzymyqy9.jpg

We need a few good down pours first then sun and dry! Need to wash the roads of all the salt so I can get my bike out too!

We need a few good down pours first then sun and dry! Need to wash the roads of all the salt so I can get my bike out too!
I hear ya! Smart Car hasn't seen daylight since it came home!

So you drive it at night? Do you wear sunglasses to, Corey Hart? :)

Wait - didn't Andy post a picture of Kit last week outside Paddock?

Wait - didn't Andy post a picture of Kit last week outside Paddock?
Yeah.it was a picture superimposed on background(computers are amazing).......You are sharp! It was a nice day,only reason it was out for 2 hrs.

i am going to look awfully goofy with my clubs slung over my shoulders riding my motorcycle to the course....with white golf shoes to boot....lol

i am going to look awfully goofy with my clubs slung over my shoulders riding my motorcycle to the course....with white golf shoes to boot....lol
Could look worse............you could be on a moped!

Tried a Nike Covert over the weekend and was very pleased with the contact. Just happened to get e-mail from GlobalGolf and 15% off used clubs.....
They had one in stock (excellent condition) 50gram Kuro Kage shaft (my Callaway is 62) was really surprised to save $200.
Question....did I do good? anyone dealt with them before?

Tried a Nike Covert over the weekend and was very pleased with the contact. Just happened to get e-mail from GlobalGolf and 15% off used clubs.....
They had one in stock (excellent condition) 50gram Kuro Kage shaft (my Callaway is 62) was really surprised to save $200.

I have the adjustable Covert driver and the fairway woods and I like them a lot. Long and a good feel, imho.

i did find a difference when i changed the weight on my shaft. went from 50g to 60g and it helped with control, i say you did well if you like the feel and hit it well!

Sounds like a good deal to me Allan! I LOVE the look of the candy red crown of the Covert drivers.

Sounds like a good deal to me Allan! I LOVE the look of the candy red crown of the Covert drivers.
It's good to see some positive. I was a little leary but the lighter shaft really seems to make a difference to me,yes,the nice color(colour) makes it too!
I can probably hit as far as Aarons' 9 iron now with the extra distance I'll get!

Always wanted to like Nike clubs but for some reason never had the desire to try them out.

It's good to see some positive. I was a little leary but the lighter shaft really seems to make a difference to me,yes,the nice color(colour) makes it too!
I can probably hit as far as Aarons' 9 iron now with the extra distance I'll get!

I did try the original covert last year, I liked the results a lot but I couldnt get over that hole they made in it....
I ended up using the covert stock shaft in my amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back