Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I? Chopped liver? j/k lol Looking forward to it too!

chopped liver no...table scraps...maybe..jk i am looking forward to seeing those i know already and meeting the guys i haven't. its going to be great times.

Maddog, what's the word? Any luck on being able to join us I hope?

Mike, couldn't pull off the shift swap at work. Jim (Shankosaurus) took the last spot.

chopped liver no...table scraps...maybe..jk i am looking forward to seeing those i know already and meeting the guys i haven't. its going to be great times.

I plan on getting there no later than 10am to hit the range and hang out a little with those in the other groups that can get there early too.

Mike, couldn't pull off the shift swap at work. Jim (Shankosaurus) took the last spot.
Well that's too bad but at the same time now I will get to meet Shank so that's good.

That has to be a joke.. I wonder what the criteria was behind the voting or who actually voted.

I am not sure if Terry Hill cracks the Top 25 in my book.

yeah that's an interesting choice.

That has to be a joke.. I wonder what the criteria was behind the voting or who actually voted.

I am not sure if Terry Hill cracks the Top 25 in my book.

Edit: just read it again and Rochester wasn't in the voting. Still there are other course in Buffalo/ Niagara area that are far better.
A poll on buffalogolfer.com I guess. I can think of 5 immediately that blow it out of the water.
Seneca Hickory Stick
Links at Ivy Ridge
Arrowhead
Harvest Hill
Glen Oak

What is the best public golf course in Buffalo-Niagara?

Terry Hills*(17%, 148 Votes)
Willowbrook*(13%, 118 Votes)
Sheridan Park*(11%, 100 Votes)
Byrncliff Resort*(10%, 89 Votes)
Seneca Hickory Stick*(9%, 77 Votes)
Links at Ivy Ridge*(8%, 68 Votes)
Peek Upper*(5%, 45 Votes)
Elkdale*(5%, 44 Votes)
Holiday Valley*(4%, 34 Votes)
Harvest Hill*(4%, 31 Votes)
Tri-County*(3%, 30 Votes)
Arrowhead*(2%, 20 Votes)
Diamond Hawk*(2%, 17 Votes)
Glen Oak*(1%, 12 Votes)

Last edited:
A poll on buffalogolf.com I guess. I can think of 5 immediately that blow it out of the water.
Seneca Hickory Stick
Links at Ivy Ridge
Arrowhead
Harvest Hill
Glen Oak

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

I liked Glen Oak

HA I find it hilarious that Terry Hills is number one, let alone a head of Batavia. Now I know that the club house/restaurant is nicer, but the course it self it's not even a close argument.

HA I find it hilarious that Terry Hills is number one, let alone a head of Batavia. Now I know that the club house/restaurant is nicer, but the course it self it's not even a close argument.

For some reason Terry Hills was the farthest east course they included in their 25 courses to pick from.

The site's own rankings actually had Seneca Hickory Stick and Diamondhawk tied for #1. I'm going to have to get a round in soon at Diamondhawk now.

A poll on buffalogolfer.com I guess. I can think of 5 immediately that blow it out of the water.
Seneca Hickory Stick
Links at Ivy Ridge
Arrowhead
Harvest Hill
Glen Oak

Elkdale*(5%, 44 Votes)
Arrowhead*(2%, 20 Votes)
Glen Oak*(1%, 12 Votes)

these two shoul be higher than Byrncliff. Seneca Hickory shoul be close to the top on this list and Glen Oak a top 5

Seneca Hickory Stick
Links at Ivy Ridge
Arrowhead
Harvest Hill
Glen Oak

Elkdale*(5%, 44 Votes)
Arrowhead*(2%, 20 Votes)
Glen Oak*(1%, 12 Votes)

Clearly not enough people that voted have played the Peek Upper course... It held Nationwide events for a number of years and from what I've heard its getting that Champions tour and possibly the LPGA there. It is a gorgeous course in amazing condition. I haven't played a lot of the courses on the list but can't really imagine many being better unless price was the big issue, the upper course is $100 a round.

Looks like a list of courses I ought to hit up soon

Clearly not enough people that voted have played the Peek Upper course... It held Nationwide events for a number of years and from what I've heard its getting that Champions tour and possibly the LPGA there. It is a gorgeous course in amazing condition. I haven't played a lot of the courses on the list but can't really imagine many being better unless price was the big issue, the upper course is $100 a round.
Yeah, forgot about the upper Peek course. I played it once, it was gorgeous.

What is the greens fee for the outing? Can't imagine it being cheap with it being a holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the greens fee for the outing? Can't imagine it being cheap with it being a holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$65 usually?
I think the site said $70, but you can complete that survey a few pages back for $10 off.

I'm totally going to forget I already did the survey and not bring the coupon with me.

wish i could make it guys, can't get time off work. looks like it is shaping up to be a good time

andy, when you get the final format and groups all settled, let me know, i may have a small trophy for the winning twosome!

andy, when you get the final format and groups all settled, let me know, i may have a small trophy for the winning twosome!

Thanks Mike. I know the one group has a little competition going on but we could go best net score for everyone that has a handicap.

thats awesome gesture mike. thanks
Oh I would be worried.

Usually involves Hello Kitty and staying on your bag for awhile. Not that I would know from experience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back