Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Leaf I’m going to bring the leaf blower for our next round.
Grading John Deere GIF by JC Property Professionals

I hope some of you peeps have been out golfing the last few days with the weather we are having. I unfortunately have been stuck in an office.

I hope some of you peeps have been out golfing the last few days with the weather we are having. I unfortunately have been stuck in an office.
High of 87 today. That's too high.

Played yesterday. Sticky and gross. Should be getting out tomorrow as well. Looks like good weather returning for a couple days at the end of next week.

Van Patten just emailed around their aeration plans
Below, from the email:
Our pro shop has been receiving numerous inquiries about the schedule for aerating our greens.

We completed the aeration process for our fairways several weeks ago, and this week, we are focusing on aerating our tee boxes.

However, we will not be aerating the greens until the first or second week of November. The putting surface is playing great!

There's still plenty of golf left to be played this season. Be sure to get your tee times scheduled and enjoy it!

Nothing has been bugging me more than it being nice out on weekdays and and then crappy on the weekends.

Nothing has been bugging me more than it being nice out on weekdays and and then crappy on the weekends.

This weekend's forecast here isn't good. Rain forecasted with temps in the low to mid 50s. :mad:

This weekend's forecast here isn't good. Rain forecasted with temps in the low to mid 50s. :mad:
Yep.. same here. Sunday not getting out of the 40's. Looking out my office window and it's beautiful today but I have way too much going on :cry:

Yep.. same here. Sunday not getting out of the 40's. Looking out my office window and it's beautiful today but I have way too much going on :cry:
It's a shame with so little time left in the season that the weekends have bad weather.

Exactly the same here . Beautiful out today sunny and in 60's and I can't get out. Weekend looks like cart cover and heater and then nice Monday of course lol.

Is that your home course? I haven’t played there in years?
Nope, I'm more up in the Saratoga/Glens Falls area. No real home course, I bounce around a lot.

I did think it was kind of fun that they emailed the schedule out though, I've never noticed a course doing that. (except for maybe a flyer stuck on a bulletin board)

Nope, I'm more up in the Saratoga/Glens Falls area. No real home course, I bounce around a lot.

I did think it was kind of fun that they emailed the schedule out though, I've never noticed a course doing that. (except for maybe a flyer stuck on a bulletin board)
It’s good that courses are investing in this kind of media.
It’s also them saying “hey! We’re open! Come play. It’s not too late!”

We have definitely entered the “I hate it here” part of the year. Nothing worse than pitch black before 5pm. Next couple days look decent weather wise but I have to be in the office. Weekend looks like crap of course.

We have definitely entered the “I hate it here” part of the year. Nothing worse than pitch black before 5pm. Next couple days look decent weather wise but I have to be in the office. Weekend looks like crap of course.
Same here but playable at least. This time of year every round is a bonus.

Truth
I’m driving to VA Thursday to play golf Friday and Saturday. Looks like I could get wet.

Same here but playable at least. This time of year every round is a bonus.
My club goes to temporary greens this week. That’s about it for me for the season outdoors. I’ll turn my attention to the indoor simulator in a couple weeks.

In the Fifty's tomorrow. Playing @ 10am.

50 degrees tomorrow and I'm signed up for 9 at Eagle Crest. Bonus day!!!

Dang you guys are lucky! Hit em well!!

Is there a decent amount of public golf in western New York? There's a possibility I'll be moving there within a few months, so just curious. I've never been a member at a private course mostly because I can't afford it.

Back