Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Is there a decent amount of public golf in western New York? There's a possibility I'll be moving there within a few months, so just curious. I've never been a member at a private course mostly because I can't afford it.
Where are you going to be? We have some people on the forum from the Rochester and Buffalo areas that can answer your question.

Where are you going to be? We have some people on the forum from the Rochester and Buffalo areas that can answer your question.

Not entirely sure at this point. Possibly closer to Rochester area.

Is there a decent amount of public golf in western New York? There's a possibility I'll be moving there within a few months, so just curious. I've never been a member at a private course mostly because I can't afford it.
Where in WNY. ? I live in Erie County in Amherst a suburb of Buffalo and there are a lot of public courses in Erie and Niagara County some very nice ones. Some nice municipal courses as well

Not entirely sure at this point. Possibly closer to Rochester area.
Plenty of public golf in the Rochester area. And some semi-private too. The muni I frequent in Rochester is well maintained and under $20 to walk 18.

Where in WNY. ? I live in Erie County in Amherst a suburb of Buffalo and there are a lot of public courses in Erie and Niagara County some very nice ones. Some nice municipal courses as well
You were one of the people I was thinking of when I saw the post about WNY

There is an insane amount of golf courses in upstate NY overall. I never verified it but my father used to say there are more golf courses per capita in Upstate NY than anywhere in US. The weather on the other hand…

There is an insane amount of golf courses in upstate NY overall. I never verified it but my father used to say there are more golf courses per capita in Upstate NY than anywhere in US. The weather on the other hand…
It’s that big gray cloud that hovers over upstate NY from Buffalo to Albany all winter long.

Thanks all for the feedback.

I'm in Lockport, outside of Buffalo, and spend most weekdays just south of Rochester. Plenty of courses in the area. You won't be disappointed with your options. Winter weather is bleak, but over the years, I've managed to golf in every month. Let us know where you and up moving.

It's been said a bunch already but there is plenty of public golf in the area. I live in Niagara county, near Lockport, and I once counted something like 40 different courses within about a roughly 30 minute drive.

I can say where @bigbov and I live in CNY there is a ton of golf, ranging from $15 walking 9’s to $100+ tracks. 99% are decent and can go way upscale.
When you say WNY are you talking Rochester Buffalo or JamestownDunkirk?

I can say where @bigbov and I live in CNY there is a ton of golf, ranging from $15 walking 9’s to $100+ tracks. 99% are decent and can go way upscale.
When you say WNY are you talking Rochester Buffalo or Jamestown?Dunkirk?

When you say WNY are you talking Rochester Buffalo or Jamestown?Dunkirk?

Most likely the Rochester area, but nothing is certain yet.

Most likely the Rochester area, but nothing is certain yet.
Here’s a zoom out there is more when you zoom in
There is a lot of golf.
IMG_6297.jpeg

Unfortunately I have an injured elbow so I can’t play, and it looks like rain in the forecast. But for anyone interested I was just informed Willowbrook in Lockport will be open (walking only) this week. Buffalo golf the last week of December!

@Scribble @bigbov and I and possibly others will be looking to play a round at Turnining Stone next season. I will definitely post more in the thread when we start looking at possible dates.

@Scribble @bigbov and I and possibly others will be looking to play a round at Turnining Stone next season. I will definitely post more in the thread when we start looking at possible dates.
I played w/ @Scribble last year... great dude. I'm sure he would be in. I was just on the TS website an hour ago as I was thinking about this summer's outing. I must say that August 8-10 no longer work for me :cool: .

I played w/ @Scribble last year... great dude. I'm sure he would be in. I was just on the TS website an hour ago as I was thinking about this summer's outing. I must say that August 8-10 no longer work for me :cool: .
Congrats on the selection to the Fantasy Football experience.

I'm pretty flexible as to dates and can probably play any day of rthe week. Let's revisit this once the season starts in April to begin looking at possible dates.

I'm pretty flexible as to dates and can probably play any day of rthe week. Let's revisit this once the season starts in April to begin looking at possible dates.
Absolutely... I am partial to a Sat/Sun if poss. Putting it on my calendar for 4/1.

I'm in!!

@bigbov so cool to get in on another experience!!
I'd cherish an opportunity like you and @Bernoulli have had.

I'm in!!

@bigbov so cool to get in on another experience!!
I'd cherish an opportunity like you and @Bernoulli have had.
Thanks... I'm sure you will get in one soon. Just sign up for each one and then cross your fingers that the RNG likes you.

Congrats @bigbov! Still waiting on dates from both work and a few of the other Experiences, but who knows, maybe I'll join you at that one.

Back