Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

It will definitely be interesting. That seems to be a very ambitious, potentially expensive project.

I think greens fees are going to be a lot higher.

@ddec @Reframmellator @Bernoulli talk to me about the Sagamore Resort and Golf Course in Lake George! My wife has a conference there later this month.

Course wise? The only hole you really see the lake on is number 1. The course has some really fun greens. I like the layout, haven't played it enough to say that I love it. Its been a couple of years, but I remember the greens being the real story of that track.

Are they smart enough to? And will it make a difference? (Henry is a beast)
Course wise? The only hole you really see the lake on is number 1. The course has some really fun greens. I like the layout, haven't played it enough to say that I love it. Its been a couple of years, but I remember the greens being the real story of that track.

It looks like it’s running about $130-150 a round!😳 Is it worth that?

In the fall up there it will be super pretty.
I’ve been to Lake George once. My wife to me to Great Escape! It wasn’t great and I wanted to escape!🤣

Anyone happen to have any experience playing Crag Burn in Buffalo? ( https://www.cragburn.com/ ) I have my NYSGA amateur series championship there on Monday and although I tried to find an avenue to go pl;ay a practice round, no dice. Any things to watch out for besides the long grass? :)

@ddec @Reframmellator @Bernoulli talk to me about the Sagamore Resort and Golf Course in Lake George! My wife has a conference there later this month.

It's a Donald Ross design. I only played it once, many years ago. And I think @ddec is correct about the greens. It's a tough call for me as to whether it's worth it at the price you listed.

In the fall up there it will be super pretty.

I think I played there once, about 35 years ago. I remember it as a nice course. @ddec has a much better handle on it than I would.

The thing to remember about the leaves is that the colors will likely peak no later than Columbus Day. If you're there around Oct 20, many of the leaves may already be down.

In Warren County, reports from Queensbury expect a little more than 15% color change and a mix of muted fall colors among mostly green leaves.

You can get updates on the foliage here. Queensbury is the nearest town to Lake George and is reported in the Adirondacks section

The resort itself is quite nice.

I think I played there once, about 35 years ago. I remember it as a nice course. @ddec has a much better handle on it than I would.

The thing to remember about the leaves is that the colors will likely peak no later than Columbus Day. If you're there around Oct 20, many of the leaves may already be down.

In Warren County, reports from Queensbury expect a little more than 15% color change and a mix of muted fall colors among mostly green leaves.

You can get updates on the foliage here. Queensbury is the nearest town to Lake George and is reported in the Adirondacks section

Definitely going to depend when in October as to the foliage.

In addition to its Latham location, NexGen Indoor Golf Center is opening a second location in Malta, with a soft opening this weekend. This location will feature different sims to offer an expanded selection of courses and multisport options.

This coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday our Malta location will be having a soft opening. This will give you a chance to check out the place and try out the Full Swing Simulators and the multisport options. This location will be open Friday and Saturday from 10am-8pm and Sunday from 10am-6pm. If you want to reserve a time you may do so online or by calling 518-400-1111. During these three days of the soft opening all simulator time will be $35 per hour. So stop in and take advantage of these rates before our grand opening next Thursday, the 28th. The Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before the grand opening we will be open by appointment only, so give us a call if you would like to reserve a time one of those days.

In addition to its Latham location, NexGen Indoor Golf Center is opening a second location in Malta, with a soft opening this weekend. This location will feature different sims to offer an expanded selection of courses and multisport options.

This coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday our Malta location will be having a soft opening. This will give you a chance to check out the place and try out the Full Swing Simulators and the multisport options. This location will be open Friday and Saturday from 10am-8pm and Sunday from 10am-6pm. If you want to reserve a time you may do so online or by calling 518-400-1111. During these three days of the soft opening all simulator time will be $35 per hour. So stop in and take advantage of these rates before our grand opening next Thursday, the 28th. The Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before the grand opening we will be open by appointment only, so give us a call if you would like to reserve a time one of those days.

where is the Malta location going to be? I used the Latham one a handful of times.

where is the Malta location going to be? I used the Latham one a handful of times.

2443 State Hwy 9, Suite 201
Malta, NY 12020
Phone (518) 400-1111
info@nexgengolfcenter.com

It's in the Sitwell Plaza on the east side of Route 9, a little south of Exit 12

Where is the Latham location?

oh damn, that's right next to my buddy's barber shop

I went to their soft opening today and it is literally right next door. Hope we can meet up there sometime. It's six minutes door to door for me.

I got to play one of their their Full Swing Golf sims, and I like it a lot better than the HD Golf sims in Latham. With six cameras per bay, more shot data without needing to put reflective tape on your ball. Better graphics. No arbitrary "YOUR BALL IS UNPLAYABLE" when you are three feet off the fairway and your opponent is ok at fifty yards right. Short game is the most responsive/realistic of any sim I've played. If anything, it may require a lighter touch for, say, a 30 yard lob wedge than what I would need outdoors. The sim seemed to capture my shots pretty accurately. I had been struggling with driver outside, and the sim confirmed the distances and pointed me to high launch/high spin. I corrected that with a few adjustments in stance. I also noted I've lost a few mph in swing speed. I've known this day was coming, and it's going to take some effort to slow that rate of decay.

For me the best things about sims are a) that I get to swing the clubs year-round, and b) the swing data are really helpful to get me to a more consistent ball flight.

oh damn, that's right next to my buddy's barber shop

My Thursday night fairways league guys are trying to put a 10 week league together there starting in January.

My Thursday night fairways league guys are trying to put a 10 week league together there starting in January.

hello stranger!

@O'Carroll was certainly one of the first - I think he was the first - to welcome me when I joined THP. Hello, indeed!

Fun Fact. Before Pete and I met, I sent him a PM about possibly playing. He replied "Dude I'm from Albany" haha

614F1883-0656-41B6-BE84-C9B8651D37CD.jpeg

Back