Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Hello old friends, any chance of golf this weekend?

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

Forecast not looking good later this week in the Albany area. Rain later in the week. And I don’t know what courses are open. My club hasn’t opened yet.

Hello old friends, any chance of golf this weekend?

Hope are you aren't asking if we golfed this past weekend because it snowed here :) Next weekend isn't looking hot either. Rain and mid 40s

Hope are you aren't asking if we golfed this past weekend because it snowed here :) Next weekend isn't looking hot either. Rain and mid 40s

Beautiful spring weather 😞 here in NY.

Yeah, not great. And even if the air is dry, the ground is still plenty soggy. Buddy of mine tried to play a few days ago and lost 6 balls in the fairway on 9 holes. All plugged.

Yeah, not great. And even if the air is dry, the ground is still plenty soggy. Buddy of mine tried to play a few days ago and lost 6 balls in the fairway on 9 holes. All plugged.
I was wondering if it would be worth it to travel south for an early round... lookks like a no

I was wondering if it would be worth it to travel south for an early round... lookks like a no

I wouldn't. There's a few courses that I am sure are fairly dry but its been pretty wet off and on for 2 weeks: snow, rain, sun, wind, then rain again.

Looking forward to playing my first round at diamondhawk tomorrow. Fingers crossed the fairways have at least dried out a little.

Hi Marty,
Been too long my friend, hope all is well. Courses here open this week. Looking like it will be in the 50's Fahrenheit most of the week.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looking forward to playing my first round at diamondhawk tomorrow. Fingers crossed the fairways have at least dried out a little.
Haven't played there since the new ownership. They are having a lot of things at the clubhouse. Course was always in great shape, so hoping that continues, maybe clean up some of the waste areas and open it up a little more.

Forecast not looking good later this week in the Albany area. Rain later in the week. And I don’t know what courses are open. My club hasn’t opened yet.
Beautiful spring weather 😞 here in NY.

Same for Syracuse... it's awesome!

The look ahead for the week after is promising though. Hopefully that is actually correct. Our league is supposed to start on the 27th 🤞

Same for Syracuse... it's awesome!

The look ahead for the week after is promising though. Hopefully that is actually correct. Our league is supposed to start on the 27th 🤞

The 10 day forecast beyond Saturday looks awesome. Going to approach 70 next week.

It's been the weather pattern here for the last several years. We have colder, wetter early Springs. Conversely, Fall has been drier and warmer.

Haven't played there since the new ownership. They are having a lot of things at the clubhouse. Course was always in great shape, so hoping that continues, maybe clean up some of the waste areas and open it up a little more.

I think opening it up, at least on the front 9, would be really tough but I think the new ownership is doing a fantastic job. The restaurant/bar is always packed and I’ve heard the food is good. The course, especially the greens, were in superb shape all of last year. Plus it’s become one of the cheaper courses to play relative to its peers

I think opening it up, at least on the front 9, would be really tough but I think the new ownership is doing a fantastic job. The restaurant/bar is always packed and I’ve heard the food is good. The course, especially the greens, were in superb shape all of last year. Plus it’s become one of the cheaper courses to play relative to its peers
I always felt like they should clear out some of that overgrowth between holes and just leave the trees. I bring a lot of golf balls when I play there.

I always felt like they should clear out some of that overgrowth between holes and just leave the trees. I bring a lot of golf balls when I play there.

I feel your pain haha. The course is super tight. I wouldn’t mind seeing some of those bushes disappear. My only complaint is that they don’t water the greens enough in peak summer. The greens get crazy fast and they become difficult to hold

I feel your pain haha. The course is super tight. I wouldn’t mind seeing some of those bushes disappear. My only complaint is that they don’t water the greens enough in peak summer. The greens get crazy fast and they become difficult to hold
What other courses do you play in the area? I'm near Glen Oak. Ivy Ridge, Harvest Hill and Hickory Stick are all really nice.

What other courses do you play in the area? I'm near Glen Oak. Ivy Ridge, Harvest Hill and Hickory Stick are all really nice.

I played Hickory Stick for the first time last year and fell in love with it. I haven’t played Ivy ridge but I play harvest (worked there for a bit) but it’s always too crowded. I really like Glen Oak and I’ll play there quite a bit. I’m getting a season pass to Grover this year since it’s right down the road

I played Hickory Stick for the first time last year and fell in love with it. I haven’t played Ivy ridge but I play harvest (worked there for a bit) but it’s always too crowded. I really like Glen Oak and I’ll play there quite a bit. I’m getting a season pass to Grover this year since it’s right down the road
The Links at Ivy Ridge is a great course. The people that work there are the nicest in the area. And I love Grover. Good for taking 6-9 strokes off my normal score. I wish they could find a way to get it to a par 70 though. Lol

The Links at Ivy Ridge is a great course. The people that work there are the nicest in the area. And I love Grover. Good for taking 6-9 strokes off my normal score. I wish they could find a way to get it to a par 70 though. Lol

I’ve never played Grover but I’m looking forward to playing a short course like that. I’ve heard Ivy is fantastic. I’m going to try and play there this year. I always forget about it because you gotta call to make tee times

I’ve never played Grover but I’m looking forward to playing a short course like that. I’ve heard Ivy is fantastic. I’m going to try and play there this year. I always forget about it because you gotta call to make tee times
Grover is cheap, kinda easy and good for working on your game. It's got some funky greens though. I enjoy playing there.

Eagle Crest is open (walking) but the range is still closed. The range at Golf World in Milton is open.

Friend from work invited me to play Willowbrook tomorrow. But it's walking only and I'm not sure my knees and back are up to it at the moment.

Hi Marty,
Been too long my friend, hope all is well. Courses here open this week. Looking like it will be in the 50's Fahrenheit most of the week.

Hey Andy, I'm good, just a bit busy. Can we meet halfway tiis weekend?

Back